Quotes that Struck you from the Heresy Series

Emperor's Furor

Doesn't Fulgrim tell the Emperor's Children that he needed Sharrowkyn to shoot him in the head so he could lure Perturabo in his nefarious scheme?

Which means that Mr. Oh-So-Awesome Ninja Raven Guard got suckered by the Primarch whose thought processes were "BOOBS COKE LOTSA NOISE HEROIN JACK DANIELS CUPCAKES i should sacrifice my brother and turn into a giant snake STROBE LIGHTS PIERCE MY BELLY BUTTON SNIFF GLUE MORE BOOBS!"

I read that scene as Fulgrim going "oh yeah, I totally meant for that to happen!". 

''We will spend our lives fighting to secure this Imperium, and then I fear we will spend the rest of our days fighting to keep it intact. There is such involving darkness among the stars. Even when the Imperium is complete, there will be no peace. We will be obliged to fight on to preserve what we have fought to establish. Peace is a vain wish. Our crusade may one day adopt another name, but it will never truly end. In the far future, there will be only war.'' Sigismund

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd posted this already, but apparently not. There's a bit in The First Heretic where Aquillon and the gang come across Argel Tal and his crew. After the shock of seeing their demonic visages, he hears Argel's explanation of what has happened over the last 40+ years. Remember, we've built up a connection with Tal and come to see his point of view. And Aquillon simply declares, pityingly:

"Brother, you have been most blackly deceived...."

''We will spend our lives fighting to secure this Imperium, and then I fear we will spend the rest of our days fighting to keep it intact. There is such involving darkness among the stars. Even when the Imperium is complete, there will be no peace. We will be obliged to fight on to preserve what we have fought to establish. Peace is a vain wish. Our crusade may one day adopt another name, but it will never truly end. In the far future, there will be only war.'' Sigismund

Please remind me which book that was from.

Please remind me which book that was from.

The very first one: Horus Rising!

There were quotes that I loved, but nothing came close to the Humor in Betrayer with the World Eaters such as the bloodbath on Armatura at the beginning of the book where the World Eaters and Ultramarines are in close combat, where Kargos and Khârn are fighting back to back.

'Captain' his brother breathed. 'I'm having such a wonderful time!.'

Basically what I mean to say is. Anything Skane and Kargos say in Betrayer.

Peace is a lie,

There is only passion.

Through passion I gain strength

Through strength I gain power.

Through power I gain victory.

The warp frees me.

Nice use of anadiplosis there. Always a fun rhetorical device.

"You'll never guess how I got here"; Sevatar, Prince of Crows

Ah, that Sevatar. What a guy. To quote ADB: "Drenched in toxic badassery"!

“All empires fall,’ he said. ‘All empires sicken. This is the lesson we have learned. This is the lesson that you shall learn.’

I saw the scar move on his face as he spoke. In the blood-red light, it looked alive, like a pale snake clamped to his skin.

‘We will not serve empires,’ he said. ‘We will remain in motion We will not have a centre. Wherever we are, that is the centre.”

Excerpt From: Wraight, Chris. “Brothers of the Storm.” The Black Library, 2012-09-01.

All Angron did was blame others? I wonder.

I wonder how the mighty Battle King of Maccrage would have reacted, if immediately in the wake of Konor's murder he had been dragged away from his armies, leaving his troops to die without him and his world under the boot of tyrants.

How the noble Lion would bear it if just before his knights stormed the fortress of the Order, he was snatched off to fight more important battles with Luther and his sword brothers discarded like mere chaff.

If somebody breaks your legs with a baseball bat, it's not a character flaw to be a bit hacked off at them.

Can't speak to Guilliman but I the first legion would be very different...its like if you take out the spartan-type human space marines (kor phaeron, Luther) things may have gone better...

All Angron did was blame others? I wonder.

I wonder how the mighty Battle King of Maccrage would have reacted, if immediately in the wake of Konor's murder he had been dragged away from his armies, leaving his troops to die without him and his world under the boot of tyrants.

How the noble Lion would bear it if just before his knights stormed the fortress of the Order, he was snatched off to fight more important battles with Luther and his sword brothers discarded like mere chaff.

If somebody breaks your legs with a baseball bat, it's not a character flaw to be a bit hacked off at them.

Can't speak to Guilliman but I the first legion would be very different...its like if you take out the spartan-type human space marines (kor phaeron, Luther) things may have gone better...

I don't get it - of what "storming the fortress" are we talking about?

'This is why the Imperials always win,' Sevatar mused aloud.  'They don't get in each others way.  Discipline may be dull, but it has undeniable military application'

The way A D-B does the night lords and world eaters as sarcastic jerks, tossing zingers at each other is great.

"Why, brother?"
"Because you were there."
- Kurze replying to Vulkan

Angron's speech about courage and honour

"Would you like to know who killed Argel Tal?"
- Lorgar to Khârn

"Fulgrim is a :cussing cheating :cussing poncey ponce :cussing :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss twat :cuss."
- Me

Not really a quote per se, but I just started reading the first 3 books again, and in the first book there is a bit of talk about how many different Crusade fleets there are, and it's a STAGGERING number, it's easy to lose sight of just how big the Great Crusade was.

Archived