Nature vs. Nurture, the What If? edition

Conn Eremon

now that is scary...

I'd like to see how the changes work moving from Knightly to Celtic-Knightly...and how Luther handles that kind of change. Will it be causing another schism? Is Caliban to be destroyed again? It seems a largish culture shift, and as a son of Jonson it interests me very much with Caliban.

I love him. My brother collects 40k Iron Warrios, so I know a lot about Perturabo, and hes the one traitor I would have kept could I pick one. 

Not much criticism I can add on top of that. Also, is it me, or is the Emperor a better person in this alternate timeline than in canon?

EDIT: agree with this

Heathens you did perturabo proud. To see him without the taint of bitterness is refreshing, to see his dreams come true rather than be left as notes on a page and a utopia granted to one so deserving is refreshing

Well, to be honest I felt your Nostraman Dorn had more intensity, a bigger impact.

Your Chemosian Perturabo, while certainly interesting and of quality, but what I said of the Codex applies to the whole piece.

Up to you. You had one critic and two fans. That's awesome!

A couple things that stood out to me was the relative ease in which the Overseers were convinced. A conflict there seemed the more likely. The other was how the Greek influence was stumbled upon. I think I'd prefer it if it just was, like how all the other home worlds just are. Fenris didn't come about because Lorgar found some ancient Viking manuscript.

As you have Greco-Roman Macragge, is the Hellenic theme going to detract from them? Is it necessary for this version of Perturabo to work, or can any cultural revolution work? What about the Renaissance stuff in Italy, or even Byzantine architecture at their height.

If Ancient Gree style is the route you want to take, perhaps instead of 'Hellenic architecture' calling it something less overt, such as Ionian?

EDIT: as for violence, I think you can have a few heads knocked together as he takes over without adding to the bitterness. I also think having him having known no violence being thrown into a war might actually be worse for him overall.

If deliberately avoiding violence is wanted go for it. Personally, I see at least some of them trying to regain power, especially if the world is so much better. I suppose the societal reforms could be said to have effectively prevented such attempts without the need for violence, however the attempts should be made.

As for the renaissance, Chemos had art and recreation. You have to have it first before you can abandon it. So why not just have him find it? Ancient Chemosian architecture and art that reminds Angron of his own home.

I was using your words. They abandoned it. You have to have it before it can be abandoned. Sure, it'd probably be buried in the ancient Chemosian ruins, but astill. Sounds more plausible to me than finding Grecian samples.

*shrug* I am asserting my position on the matter, but ultimately it is your piece. If I really don't like it, I can always just cast my vote to an alternative. I can't say if that will be the case until I start seeing some alternatives, but by and large I have liked your work.

i freaking loved Perturabo on Chemos!

and medusan Jagathai(or Fulgrim?)

and fenrisian Lorgar.

and calibanite Magnus(how is proto-astartes femal knights NOT the awesome!?)

and Leman Goldbeard(want more info on him though)

and Alpharius/Omegon on Cthonia.

and Mortarion on Olympia.

and Corax on Nuceria. (i really want that bastard drowned in a lake of acid)

and Angron on Macragge.

and Horus on Kiavha.... Kiahva... whatever Corax homeworld was spelled!

Fulgrim's discovery by mortals on Chemos, as depicted in Angel Exterminatus, showed a worker with an ancient, tattered book that spoke of Gods and paradises, with faded color images. It is where he got the name Fulgrim, after one of the Gods.

Why can't Perturabo find that? Explorator teams discover some ruin, a fresco, an ancient, near useless library, something, anything. Perturabo sees something in it. It inspires him. He begins to hunt for fragments and, with them as his guide, he recreates the paradise of ancient Chemos in majestic gardens and sweeping marble buildings, all the while shifting it from its original, ancient form by imprinting it with his own style and artistic identity. It says Greek without actually saying Greek, a renaissance of the beauty and knowledge of the ancient world that saves the present from bleakness. A revival, not an invention or an imitation.

I guess it boils down to the 'show, don't tell' rule. Don't tell me he found a Greek book, show me how it is like Greek.

That took a lot for me to write, I seriously feel conceited now. I wouldn't have written anything if I hadn't read your edited in part, Heathens.

Archived