Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

So I was meant to go to games day today where I was going to immediately queue up for the new book and drool over it but I did the Shine Cancer Research half marathon walk last night and then had to cycle home. (I got back 3:30 am and couldn't make myself get up at 5:30 to cycle to GW and go out to Birmingham all day) /sadface.

Anyone lucky enough to have made it and had a look at the new book yet?

Not got around to reading it yet, apparently they a long with the XX legion and the VI legion were isolated from the other legions during the creation progress which added to the unsavoury nature the other legions would gain but the Salamanders overcame it, they were know as the fearless to army units but it wasn't their official name though, only just started on the article, need to eat because gamesday had terrible catering!

Edit: they have a rite of war gives all the vehicles 5++ against plasma, flamer and melta weapons, also all melta weapons in the army no matter what its are count as master crafted, they also all gain move through cover. They can't deep strike though can't take more heavy support and fast attack or a combination of the two than they take troop choices, can't take fortifications, Can only take a single consul.

They were nearly called it, it wasn't official, it was based on their Storm and Hammer concept where they'd weather everything the enemy could throw at them until they were tired out and then blitz them in a single hammer stroke, kind of like a prolonged hammer and anvil tactic. The origin of the tactic is said to be from Old Albia as well.

Death Guard trait -  Veteran tactical squads and heavy support squads can be taken as non compulsory troops, everyone has move through cover, all characters can have rad grenades for a cost. They can't do run or flat out moves though, can't deploy via deep strike, can only take a single fast attack option.

Still awesome. Like the fact that the Emperor's Children was Fulgrim's confirmation of an unofficial name.

So Ferrus Manus went to them and said "Storm Walkers, huh? No! You will all have my name. The Ferrus Manus Legion! Wait, that sounds stupid. Iron Hands!"

Decades later:

"Brilliant!!"

- Alpharius

Apparently Salamanders were known as the legion that would take on the hardest circumstances such as forlorn hope or drastic boarding actions and sell themselves dearly to achieve it. Also it mentions the Vth legion which would be the White Scars, it describes them at this time as quixotic which after doing a search means "Exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical"...which doesn't sound like what the 5th legion would become imo.

World Eaters gain hatred outside of their deployment zone and must always attempt to make sweeping avances. All models must reroll failed pinning testa dn reroll their run roll results of 1. They must take an additional compulsory troop choice, may not take more vehicles with tank or flyer type than they have infantry, may only have a single consul and can't have librarians, may not have fortifications or allied detachments.

Well it's said they any units assigned to Salamanders would consign their self to death as the legion would sell themselves and any allies to achieve their goal and prove their victorious reputation.

Terror squads cause fear, have infiltrate and preferred enemy (infantry), raptors gain D3 attacks when they charge instead of 1.

Reavers are fast attack, the new SoH trait - All units enter from reserve (not deep strike) and have fleet rule, units with the trait gain rage if they successful charge a unit already in combat, reaver squads can be taken as troops if u have this trait, justaerins can deep strike with this rule.They must have a master of signals as compulsory HQ choice, must have more fast attack options than heavy support, must have an additional compulsory troop choice, can't take fortifications.

Yay! Elites though, I'm guessing. Only taken with Typhon?

Grave Wardens are heavy support options, doesn't say anything about Typhon in their entry.

Archived