Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

I thought that was kinda funny too...Not gonna complain too much, though.

And I believe the weapon is also two handed, and fighting with a two handed weapon means you can't claim a bonus attack from two close combat weapons.

EDIT: Yeah, the rulebook quote - "A model attacking with this weapon can never gain bonus Attacks for fighting with two weapons."

Rules are not my strong point, but doesn't Vulkan sound like being extremely hard to kill? Even by Primarch standards? Ferrus too.

Liking the more fleshed out fluff about the Salamanders. So WoT, did Vulkan temper that almost suicidal commitment, turning it into the altruistic approach we know today?

Also, when you can, do give us one or two interesting episodes of the Massacre battle itself. Like Primarch feats or something like that.

PS: In both this and the Scars thread you've been an awesome B&C brother, WoT. All the thanks for your sharing.

According to the book the Salamanders are literally the toughest Marines out of all the legions, only the Death Guard eclipse in the theatre of tolerating and resisting toxins, everything else though such as physical damage, radiation exposure etc the Salamanders are the toughest. Vulkan is indeed hard to kill, he can even reroll his it will not die rolls, he can also deliver strength 10 attacks at initiative value but his initiative is quite low (5), could use Lorgar as a tennis ball though if he wanted.

Btw Cassian Vaughn the Dreadnought HQ for the Salamanders is inside the Iron Dragon, which I think is what Ashmantle is in to.

Vulkan did temper the Salamanders but he didn't get rid of it, of all the legions he seems to be the one who molded both pre-primarch and post primarch attitudes in one. For example the Dread HQ was the last Lord Commander, he made him his own Dreadnought armour and made him the Castellan of Prometheaus a position of high calling, he also integrated all the Terran Veterans into his Pyre Guard, the elite of the legion, he kept the same self sacrifice of the old legion but tempered it with the pragmatic attitude of Nocturne. It's quite Paradoxical tbh, but it appears he found a good balance. I think this is what Curze was trying to unsettle in Vulkan Lives, try to get him to give in to the ferocious bit of his gene seed. Btw, even the Terran marines appear to be black and have fiery eyes prior to Vulkan turning up, it appears that Nocturne's radiation just makes it stronger. 

'Cassian Vaughn' is the name I wish my father had, incidentaly.

That sarcophagus is supposed to rely on its occupant's aggression, isn't it? Is Vaugh that kind of guy?

On the issue of the aggression, it doesn't note that I think but it does say it's almost impermable, the last Cassian was seen on Istvaan was him plowing into the traitors , no one saw him go down, but if it's the same dreadnought chassis as Ashmantle then it's possible he survived Istvaan and was able to get off.

Oh also, you know that old fashioned black and yellow Salamanders scheme?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0cXB6alawKw/T_H1ufRah0I/AAAAAAAAAAs/6i8xYDaBlq0/s1600/SalamandersRogueTrader.jpg

It gets a come back, apparently it was camouflage for the mission that saw the legion go from 20 thousand to 1 thousand marines but earnt them much renown, they were fighting age of strife or pre-age of strife machine, I think they were the metal men that became outlawed and the reason the ad mech doesn't tolerate proper robots. At first I thought they were necrons but the tech appeared very human like.

Nice...they had even more reasons for looking like monsters. Does it mention the Legion's previous name? And how the Salamanders view their namesake animal?

Yellow as in the golden reptilian decoration we saw in the Massacre trailer or proper yellow?

They didn't really have a previous name, although army units called them the Fearless because they liked doing Forlorn hope and last standing boarding actions. They also used a Rams head for the legion emblem it appears. They didn't mind the Salamanders because the animal represents the qualities of them, hard scaled body, ferociously loyal and once unleashed difficult to stop.

Nice...they had even more reasons for looking like monsters. Does it mention the Legion's previous name? And how the Salamanders view their namesake animal?

Yellow as in the golden reptilian decoration we saw in the Massacre trailer or proper yellow?

This scheme:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0cXB6alawKw/T_H1ufRah0I/AAAAAAAAAAs/6i8xYDaBlq0/s1600/SalamandersRogueTrader.jpg

I'm assuming the Sicaran is in the new book?  If so, think you can shed a little light on, well... everything about it?  AV?  Hull points (or structure points?  is it a baby superheavy?)?  Main gun stats?  Any special rules?  Ballpark points cost for one with lascannon sponsons?

Just going to put this out there again, since I think it might've been overlooked by being at the end of a page.

Thanks for sharing all this info with us WoT, it's really appreciated by those of us who probably won't be able to get our hands on this book for many more weeks.

Some more info on what the Admech have now please

I agree, this is what I have been waiting for...

In particular if you have details of the army list so I can get building...

How did the rules for the Castellax turn out?

Thanks in advance

There's the Magos Dominus which has loads of gadgets, and there's an enginseer auxilia who has four servo automata (servitors) can have an additional enginseer and 4 more servitors. Models with a special rule called Cybertheury can take a test depending on the difficulty of the power, basically they have their own form of psychic powers that allows you to blow things up or buff friendly mechanical units. They have their own warlord table to.

Then there's elites like the myrmidon secutors who pretty hard to kill with T5 W2 and 3+ armour 5++, carry power axes and can be equiped with a lot of different weapons, they can fire two weapons at once. Castellax as basic troops, there basic weapons are ap3, range 24. Also have an ability that cuase all their melee attacks to be concussive, can upgrade weapons, can make them melee, tech thralls are basic troops they ain't that awesome, have lower bs and ws than normal guardsmen but their standard weapons have one higher strength, they got feel no pain 6+ to. Fast attack has crsuade fleet support wing, choice of lightning, avenger or storm eagle at different cost. Heavy support has Myrmidon destructors which are like the elite versions but with a lot heavy weapons like conversion beamers. They may be more but that's the jist of it.

Thanks for the info so far.

1) How many wounds do the Gorgons have? What war gear? How relatively expensive are they compared to normal Terminators? Say, a Power Fist more?

2) How many wounds do the Grave Wardens have? How relatively expensive are they compared to normal Terminators? Say, a Power Fist more?

3) Where are Vulkan/Ferrus in terms of Primarchs? Above Fulgrim, below Mortarion? Also, do they have S7, and do their hammers strike at Initiative value?

Thanks a lot.

Some more info on what the Admech have now please

I agree, this is what I have been waiting for...

In particular if you have details of the army list so I can get building...

How did the rules for the Castellax turn out?

Thanks in advance

More than this?

Mechanicum:

Castellax Robots

Atomantic Shielding

Cybernetica Cortex

Reactor Blast

Rage

Mauler Pattern Bolter Cannon (you'll like this)

S6 AP3 Heavy3, Pinning

Archived