Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

Too early. They don't adopt Sigismund's colors for their armor until becoming a Chapter. I liked the description of him in the golden plate of the Fists, a . . . Er, frock? Padded cloth knights wear over their armor that the later BT are known for, bearing his heraldry and colors. No Justaerin Templars, please.

There's the Magos Dominus which has loads of gadgets, and there's an enginseer auxilia who has four servo automata (servitors) can have an additional enginseer and 4 more servitors. Models with a special rule called Cybertheury can take a test depending on the difficulty of the power, basically they have their own form of psychic powers that allows you to blow things up or buff friendly mechanical units. They have their own warlord table to.

Then there's elites like the myrmidon secutors who pretty hard to kill with T5 W2 and 3+ armour 5++, carry power axes and can be equiped with a lot of different weapons, they can fire two weapons at once. Castellax as basic troops, there basic weapons are ap3, range 24. Also have an ability that cuase all their melee attacks to be concussive, can upgrade weapons, can make them melee, tech thralls are basic troops they ain't that awesome, have lower bs and ws than normal guardsmen but their standard weapons have one higher strength, they got feel no pain 6+ to. Fast attack has crsuade fleet support wing, choice of lightning, avenger or storm eagle at different cost. Heavy support has Myrmidon destructors which are like the elite versions but with a lot heavy weapons like conversion beamers. They may be more but that's the jist of it.

Great thanks for that.

Any chance of a stat line for the castellax and ball park cost. i need to justify £36 per model!!

also did they get access to any of the tanks? or just LRs as in book 1

Sorry to say this again, but any more info on Grave Wardens and Gorgons? How many wounds, etc? Are they worth as much as a Plasma Blaster compared to normal Terminators?

Thanks.

The info on the grave wardens has been posted earlier on, the Gorgons have special terminator armour that blinds people depending on how many armour saves were made, they got lower initiative though and feel no pain 5+.

There's the Magos Dominus which has loads of gadgets, and there's an enginseer auxilia who has four servo automata (servitors) can have an additional enginseer and 4 more servitors. Models with a special rule called Cybertheury can take a test depending on the difficulty of the power, basically they have their own form of psychic powers that allows you to blow things up or buff friendly mechanical units. They have their own warlord table to.

Then there's elites like the myrmidon secutors who pretty hard to kill with T5 W2 and 3+ armour 5++, carry power axes and can be equiped with a lot of different weapons, they can fire two weapons at once. Castellax as basic troops, there basic weapons are ap3, range 24. Also have an ability that cuase all their melee attacks to be concussive, can upgrade weapons, can make them melee, tech thralls are basic troops they ain't that awesome, have lower bs and ws than normal guardsmen but their standard weapons have one higher strength, they got feel no pain 6+ to. Fast attack has crsuade fleet support wing, choice of lightning, avenger or storm eagle at different cost. Heavy support has Myrmidon destructors which are like the elite versions but with a lot heavy weapons like conversion beamers. They may be more but that's the jist of it.

Great thanks for that.

Any chance of a stat line for the castellax and ball park cost. i need to justify £36 per model!!

also did they get access to any of the tanks? or just LRs as in book 1

I don't think I can give full stat lines or the point cost but imo they are well worth having. Can have 5 (minimum is just 1) for around 400 points (this isn't exact points) but they can have a lot of upgrades and the weapons are pretty deadly.

Well, IIRC there was mention that when the Fists are introduced in Extinction, they'll pretty much be hitting the entirety of the Fists, rather than just a snapshot at a specific moment, since they'll be introducing Rogal Dorn and Sigismund, neither of who participated at Phall. So it is possible that they'll be introducing a somewhat later snapshot as well as the Pre- and Mid-Phall.

Thanks WoT. Is Ferrus more expensive between Mortarion and Angron in points? I know I can't have exact values,but since I know the ones for those two, what Primarchs is he in between?

Also, are Grave Wardens

1) Have 2 wounds?

2) More expensive than a Centurion?

And Gorgons don't have 2 Wounds, but Red Butchers do? sad.png Odd, unless I'm missing something here.

Thanks.

Gorgons get -1 Strength on Shooting attacks made against them and some pretty nasty armor. 2 Wounds could overbalance that.

Similar to how Terror Squads get Infiltrate, +1 Cover save the first turn with 6+ Cover even in open ground, Fear, Preferred Enemy Infantry and a squad character who can carry a Nostraman Chainglaive. But because they can only number ten at most(without attached IC), they will more than likely never be able to take advantage of the +1 W Night Lords have access to unless they go up against a small squad with Terminators.

Forgeworld is doing a decent job of balancing the pluses with minuses.

Gorgons get -1 Strength on Shooting attacks made against them and some pretty nasty armor. 2 Wounds could overbalance that.

Similar to how Terror Squads get Infiltrate, +1 Cover save the first turn with 6+ Cover even in open ground, Fear, Preferred Enemy Infantry and a squad character who can carry a Nostraman Chainglaive. But because they can only number ten at most(without attached IC), they will more than likely never be able to take advantage of the +1 W Night Lords have access to unless they go up against a small squad with Terminators.

Forgeworld is doing a decent job of balancing the pluses with minuses.

That paired with the endless amount of good lists able to be made are two reasons why I stick with  30k and love it :D

Yep.

Depthcharge, I was talking with someone else and I sort of stumbled on it. I think the reason the World Eaters get cumulative aggression bonuses but no advantage for getting into CC. I think Forgeworld was highlighting both the rewards of the Nails as well as the high attrition rates of the XII Legion. As a result, you can get some serious bonuses. But only if you survive.

Archived