New Sisters Codex inbound?!?!

thade

What's this? Some sort of heretical breakout of a highly contagious optimism... tongue.png

That sounds a bit too good for a Warlord trait, they're mostly minor perks if that so I'd go with the "+1 to Deny the Witch" as more likely.

Remember the key to SoB: keep your expectations very low and you won't be disappointed laugh.png

My guesses:

1 - Executioner of Heretics:  Warlord must issue and accept chalanges. Chalanges made by the warlord must be accepted by the character of your chosing.

2 - Indomitable Will: Warlord is Fearless

3 - Pure of Will: Warlord has (basically) an old style Psychic Hood but limited in use.

4 - Righteous Rage:  Righteous Rage. (a.k.a. Hatred)

5 - Beacon of Faith: Warlord is Stubborn

6 - Inspiring Orator: Warlord counts as having a Laud Hailer

If Uriah Jacobus is the Warlord he has the Executioner of Heretics trait.  Just because he is the worst possible HQ unit for hand to hand.

1- hatred chaos

2- army becomes stubborn

3- bonus to deny the witch

4-zealot

5- leadership bonus

6-not sure....

Any thoughts on new models to go with the Codex release? This may be the only way to bring my friends back from Warmahordes... you get one shot GW - Make it count!

If there are any new models, plastic or otherwise, then even the regular rumour mongers know nothing of it, or they're keeping them to themselves. It would seem rather strange or unusual for there to be a Codex release and no minis to go with it...

Thoughts?  Yeah, I would love to see some new models.

Any word?  Nope.  Nothing stated and nothing expected.  There has been some speculation on the possibility of some of the old models being remade in finecast but so far speculation is all that it is.  No announcements, no rumors, nothing even remotely reliable.  If could be they are playing this close to the chest.  Most of the big leak.rumor people missed this release ntil the last minute so this is different than usual already.  One could say this is the "black box" unknown release for October that was predicted (and speculated as beng one of the specialty games being reworked) and it might be.  But it still shows that the digital edition people have fewer leaks since no one knew what the black box release would be. 

On the other hand, plastic models have been rumored as completedand ready for production for over a year now.  Developer quotes about the lack of plastic sisters due to technical constraints in the molding process could as easily be about why the current range was done in metal all those years ago and nothing to do with possible new models.  Maybe.

So bottom line it is possible that there will be some new models but the odds are super low. 

I remember reading of rumors and what not surrounding new SOB models a year or so ago but nothing came of it - but there were eye witness accounts of new "badass" sculpts locked in the GW vaults - thats why I asked. I'm sure there is something - but whether they're molds or actual finished casts is another thing entirely.

There have been rumors of new Sisters models coming out for quite some time.  None have come to fruition.  I suspect the lack of information on this was just a result of the size of the release and the limited number of people involved, most of whom would be in Digital Releases, which the rumor mongours may not even have sources inside yet, being relatively new.  I expect the codex to be about all there is to it, at best a few Finecast re-releases.

... Forgive the pessimism, I'm trying not to get overhyped and disappointed, but truly I am happy to see the Sisters getting anything.

Last I heard (rumor wise) was Jes Goodwin was displeased how the robes looked molded on the sister figures in plastic....unsure if that was true or not but was glad to see Jes was on the project

Last I heard (rumor wise) was Jes Goodwin was displeased how the robes looked molded on the sister figures in plastic....unsure if that was true or not but was glad to see Jes was on the project

He might have been in the past, but I'd ready a post (I think it was in the recent Games Day/Golden Daemon topic) that a B+C member had spoken to him and he's moved over completely to Eldar, so I'm not certain he'd have any further involvement in Sisters. A great pity, if that is the case - imagine new minis designed by Jes! happy.png

He might have been in the past, but I'd ready a post (I think it was in the recent Games Day/Golden Daemon topic) that a B+C member had spoken to him and he's moved over completely to Eldar, so I'm not certain he'd have any further involvement in Sisters.

He said, and I quote: "I've said all I want to say about Space Marines. Now I get to focus on my beloved Eldar."

It's a pretty vague statement. Besides. I doubt he could get away with sculpting nothing but Eldar for the rest of his career, even if he'd like to. tongue.png

That line about the robes is the most misunderstood quote I've ever seen from the design team.

It's not that they were struggling to cast robes, the problem is making a multi-part kit with open robes that are separate from the legs. The problem is making it so that they can have more than fixed-pose legs. Why that's important here, when the DAngles and Eldar are fine with single-piece robe/leg moulds, I don't know...

Archived