New Sisters Codex inbound?!?!

thade

They brushed over the Khornate Knight incident and the aftermath.  The Sisterhood does not know the truth of those events, only that contact to the world was lost and once re-established after the Grey Knights came in they only learned that every Sister had been killed.  All the Sisters lost there were honoured as martyrs.  A few other incidents were also mentioned.

Rules wise!

Largely what we expected.  Faith was redone, no new units or squads, Battle Sisters still the only troop option, Dominion Squad special weapon limit is gone.  The new faith system is much less random, no more 1D6 rolls (to summarize if that's not going too far: leadership check to succeed, can only attempt once per turn, yes there are things to tweak this).  Also enemies may no longer want to kill your Warlord on a whim.  Much of the rest is largely point based changes, but nothing major, mostly things like Heavy Bolters, Heavy Flamers, that sort of thing.

Ah, and priests got this new thing called War Hymns which seems to be assault based.

They brushed over the Khornate Knight incident and the aftermath.  The Sisterhood does not know the truth of those events, only that contact to the world was lost and once re-established after the Grey Knights came in they only learned that every Sister had been killed.  All the Sisters lost there were honoured as martyrs.  A few other incidents were also mentioned.

Rules wise!

Largely what we expected.  Faith was redone, no new units or squads, Battle Sisters still the only troop option, Dominion Squad special weapon limit is gone.  The new faith system is much less random, no more 1D6 rolls (to summarize if that's not going too far: leadership check to succeed, can only attempt once per turn, yes there are things to tweak this).  Also enemies may no longer want to kill your Warlord on a whim.  Much of the rest is largely point based changes, but nothing major, mostly things like Heavy Bolters, Heavy Flamers, that sort of thing.

Ah, and priests got this new thing called War Hymns which seems to be assault based.

What, if anything, did they give us to deal with flyers?

I thought it was each unit can only cast the faith power once per gamre? Can you confirm that is not the case

Sadly, that is the case. sad.png Each Act of Faith is once per game, and if you fail to activate it, it's still gone forever.

The Acts have also changed.

I thought it was each unit can only cast the faith power once per gamre? Can you confirm that is not the case

No, that is exactly it.  This also goes for Saint Celestine, so your opponents will probably be very grateful to hear she can't endlessly get back up anymore.  But I will say Simulacrum looks REAAAAALLY good now.

The Acts did change some, but it's more that they now use USRs.  I don't think they're that different, aside from the Repentia.

Rules wise!

Skyfire and Interceptor does not appear anywhere in this document.

No, that is exactly it.  This also goes for Saint Celestine, so your opponents will probably be very grateful to hear she can't endlessly get back up anymore.  But I will say Simulacrum looks REAAAAALLY good now.

Rules wise!

Skyfire and Interceptor does not appear anywhere in this document.

Ah, so they gave us "have Space Marine allies." Balls.

Acts of faith are now Ld tests and one use only.  BSS are better (Preferred Enemy) and Exorcists got cheaper.  Not sure how I feel about the dex as a whole.  But it did get slightly less expensive in general.  And having reliable acts of faith (even if one use only) I think is a bonus to competitive play.

Sisters can't technically have allies or be takens them because there is no Adepta Sororitas in the Allies matrix in the main rule book andnothing in the codex saying To consider previous publications that say Sisters of Battle to actually say Adepta Sororitas.

Sisters can't technically have allies or be takens them because there is no Adepta Sororitas in the Allies matrix in the main rule book andnothing in the codex saying To consider previous publications that say Sisters of Battle to actually say Adepta Sororitas.

That can't be right. I mean, I'm sure it's technically correct, but that can't have been their intention.

Acts of faith are now Ld tests and one use only.  BSS are better (Preferred Enemy) and Exorcists got cheaper.  Not sure how I feel about the dex as a whole.  But it did get slightly less expensive in general.  And having reliable acts of faith (even if one use only) I think is a bonus to competitive play.

BSS are not better. They are worse.

The can no longer become Fearless, and in exchange they gained the ability to apply their shooting Act to assault.

Ooh, by the way. Jacobus bomb? Completely shattered.

While being a bit more reliable is nice, one-use-only is kinda sad sad.png Ah well, I guess I gotta buy a copy soon to see what's what for myself. In the meanwhile, did Celestine get a cost increase as was anticipated?

But allies are an auto include, since there is no AA or flyers anywhere in the codex.

Neat GW!

Left handed work anyone....

That can't be right. I mean, I'm sure it's technically correct, but that can't have been their intention.

I agree its a mistake but I live in hope for a rulebook Errata that says you are now Battle Brothers with Black Templar

Are the Acts of Faith powerful enough to justify being one use only? Are they suitably game-changy? Or are they the same, just... really limited?

Meh.  They are more reliable, but less spammy.  It will basically depend entirely on how well you use them, which is good in many ways, but I am unsure if they will be overly powerful. I'm kinda thinking Simulacrum may become a must buy, at least for some assets like the Retributors.  The new one gives you an extra Act of Faith for the unit.

BSS are not better. They are worse.

The can no longer become Fearless, and in exchange they gained the ability to apply their shooting Act to assault.

Ooh, by the way. Jacobus bomb? Completely shattered.

I agree, the old BSS Act was better.  The new one is usable in assault, but no one in their right minds will do that normally.

... Technically yes, this could kind of use a FAQ/update, although I doubt the average player will contest it.

While being a bit more reliable is nice, one-use-only is kinda sad sad.png Ah well, I guess I gotta buy a copy soon to see what's what for myself. In the meanwhile, did Celestine get a cost increase as was anticipated?

Of course.

Half the codex has suffered points increases. Celestine, Eviscerators, Storm Bolters (ugh), Heavy Bolters...

Of course.

Half the codex has suffered points increases. Celestine, Eviscerators, Storm Bolters (ugh), Heavy Bolters...

The point increases do seem a bit more numerous, though some notable point decreases are the Simulacrum, Heavy Flamers, and the Exorcist.

Archived