New Sisters Codex inbound?!?!

thade

S5? Well, that's still better than the wounding on 4+ unless the enemy is T6+, which most things aren't. Against MC armies that could potentially be a bit annoying, though.

St Celestine is not as good anymore either as she is Just does S5 melee attacks rather than tthe wound on a 4+ thing

Yeah, she's uhh... kind of... yeah, she got nerfed. It helps her carve up Marines and such though.

Repentia I think got made cheaper, but well... I just don't see them doing anything without getting cut to ribbons, not when they can't use a-- Oh

Never mind. biggrin.png

Repentia can now select a dedicated transport.

St Celestine is not as good anymore either as she is Just does S5 melee attacks rather than tthe wound on a 4+ thing

Yeah, she's uhh... kind of... yeah, she got nerfed. It helps her carve up Marines and such though.

Repentia I think got made cheaper, but well... I just don't see them doing anything without getting cut to ribbons, not when they can't use a-- Oh

Never mind. biggrin.png

Repentia can now select dedicated transports.

But none with the Assault Vehicle special rule - unless you buy a Repressor - which gives us the Eldar problem...

Sounds like an overall slight nerf so far... Not too surprising if I'm honest.  Have Penitent engines changed at all?  I'm wondering if they made all the big kits better...

PS. are priests any better?

There is no 3 wound priest anymore (apart from Jacobus), just the 1 wound version. Take upto 5 (dont take up a HQ slot) and for each one you may select a battle conclave. They are cheaper than before (almost half their cost from WD) and have the Zealot USR and a rule called War Hymns. When the priest is engagaed in melee he may make a Ld test at the beginning of each Fight sub-phase and habe a special effect take place for that combat,. The effects are re-roll all failed armour and invulnerable saves until the end of the phase, the priest gets Smite or Priest and his unit re-roll failed rolls To Wound.

The condemer boltgun has a rule called psi-shock where any unit with the Pskyer, Brotherhood of Psykers or Psychic Pilot special rules that is hit by a weapon with this psi-shock suffers the Perils of the Warp in addition to any other damage.

It is however a once per game thing as it is a special type of combi-weapon.

The condemer boltgun has a rule called psi-shock where any unit with the Pskyer, Brotherhood of Psykers or Psychic Pilot special rules that is hit by a weapon with this psi-shock suffers the Perils of the Warp in addition to any other damage.

It was also in the previous codex, not that I ever knew anyone to use it.

It was also in the previous codex, not that I ever knew anyone to use it.

The difference now is that it's awesome, whereas before it was terrible. The changes are:

a) to make it work you only have to hit. Previously you needed to hit, wound and get through their saves before they took a perils.

b ) You don't need to hit the psyker itself to make it work, just the unit they are in.

c) ALL psykers in the squad take a perils. Broken multi-psyker units like screamstars and Eldar jetbike councils can now be efficiently put down.

ppl are hatin on the cannoness's act of faith but im diggin the idea of her and and a full on hflamer command squad with a hospitler rollin up, hflaming, the overwatching and getting hatred on the opponents turn. seems that her act is more defensive as in the first turn it isn't as good as the assault based acts of other units, and a priest for some real nastyness

Yeah, the first time I pulled the pin on a grenade I thought to myself "your teeth would come out, not the pin" if you tried pulling it with your teeth.

There's also no fireball, just a little puff of smoke and an explosion that sounds and feels like the whole earth is shaking.

ppl are hatin on the cannoness's act of faith but im diggin the idea of her and and a full on hflamer command squad with a hospitler rollin up, hflaming, the overwatching and getting hatred on the opponents turn. seems that her act is more defensive as in the first turn it isn't as good as the assault based acts of other units, and a priest for some real nastyness

Doesn't Hatred only work when you assault now?

The difference now is that it's awesome, whereas before it was terrible. The changes are:

a) to make it work you only have to hit. Previously you needed to hit, wound and get through their saves before they took a perils.

b ) You don't need to hit the psyker itself to make it work, just the unit they are in.

c) ALL psykers in the squad take a perils. Broken multi-psyker units like screamstars and Eldar jetbike councils can now be efficiently put down.

I read the Condemnor Boltgun that way too, but do you think that's what they meant? The pessimist in me thinks it will get FAQed as soon as GW starts getting complaints from Grey Knight players about whole squads being wiped out with no saving throw of any kind.

Nope! Hatred only applies in the first round of a combat, but it applies if you charged or got charged.

Question back: can you only activate Acts on your turn or can you do it at any time?

Nope! Hatred only applies in the first round of a combat, but it applies if you charged or got charged.

Question back: can you only activate Acts on your turn or can you do it at any time?

that power says for either players assault phase....also for the battle sister AOF too!

well that sux sad.png

what about her resurrection trick that had to be nerfed as well ?

if they nerfed our saint did they give the options of beefing up the Canoness so we can actually use that cool model ?

Archived