Codex: Adepta Sororitas is out!

AdmLancel

Well, I was playing from memory at the time so I couldn't recall the exact wording on the C:AS itself, but yeah, since there's nothing saying to use the model's own Ld like there is with Psychic tests, I suppose in the future I'll go with my original interpretation of "highest Ld goes." In any case it's good that the end result of the battle wasn't really affected in any significant way this time.

The fluff explanation I like is that the sisters know the words better than the priests but due to dogmatic and rather sexist traditions hymns have to be read by a priest, nothing stops the girls from prompting him with the right words however!

this does make veteran sister superiors pretty handy, as otherwise they're not that useful in a unit that is fearless ans doesnt really need an eztra strength 3 combat attack (its not going to help!)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised that no one has pointed out the fact that rhinos, immolators etc. have shield of faith i.e. 6+ invulnerable save.

it was in the WD dex as well, prob not mentioned bc it was assumed to be included. Also, remember that it goes for the bonus to deny the witch too!

Vehicles can't Deny the Witch though, so... anyway, yeah, vehicles have had the 6++ since Sheld of Faith did that.

wait what?for realzies ive been denyin the witch like a fool with vehicles. i didn see anything that said they could not. I guess it makes sence with the description fluff wise

Rubbish. Any vehicle can attempt to deny the witch, they're units and if they're being targeted with psychic powers then they get to roll just like any other unit.

Yeah, exactly. And due to SoF C:AS vehicles get the 5+ to boot, so it may come in handy at times.

Incidentally, some vehicles do get overwatch, walkers and stuff with a WS mostly.

But the rule for Deny the Witch is clear, all units get it, and there is no modification for vehicles so they're treated as any other unit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure this has already been asked, answered and framed for all to see but my housemate really wants to know if there will be a hardback version of the sisters' codex in the foreseeable future

At the moment I would say "unlikely", though we have little to go by but a Jes quote saying they might release one if the digital editions sell well. It sounds suspiciously like double dipping, but I would end up buying it anyway. I'm mostly hopeful for a collector's edition. If they do decide to make one, it would be in response to sales, so I suspect it won't come until May or some such at the earliest.

Archived