[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

I don't reckon too many'll cause a fuss over it in the meantime anyway. It's the Heresy, who's really doing it so competitively that little things like that'll disrupt the fun stuff like this?

I got the reply back from Forgeworld about Orth's Superheavy Tank selecting difficulty. Technically it doesn't solve the problem, but they presumably will add it to the next FAQ whenever that happens.

Hi Thomas,

In all honesty I think this is an error that has arisen due to a changing of the rules. On page 224 of HH book 1 the Fellblade does indeed count as a tank (it's in its description) but this has been omitted from future publications.

I think the rule will be amended so that he can ride in any super heavy vehicle that isn't a flyer or tank.

Thanks

Excusing the hard to make sense of last sentence, the point is clear that Superheavies used to have the 'Tank' type, but no longer do. Thus, he'll get a rules tweak at some point.

'Can ride in any superheavy that isn't a flyer or tank'.

Well that's useful with all those Super Heavy Skimmers that Iron Hands use.

Does that mean you could put Orth in a QUESTORIS KNIGHT STYRIX?

It depends whether it still states "his detachment". If it does, then no, as Knights are not yet Legion Lords of War.

If it doesn't, then that leaves him able to join in with Lords of War from Allies, whether it's Titans (Taghmata Omnissiah/Knights Crusade), or Knights (Knight Crusade/Solar Auxilia).

Edited by Hesh Kadesh

• 2 weeks later...

So a quick question, do all my Infantry (Tac Marines, Support Squad, Rapier Weapons, ect. )benefit from the Inviolate Armour or just the Immortals and Gorgon Terminators? I thought I read somewhere that all your units with the Legiones Astrates and (Iron Hands) gained the benefit.

Gorgon Terminators : Robots without disguise, still more than meets the eye.

Upon their release, Gorgons received quite a bit of flak for their perceived lack of "wow" factor. However, the more you look into them, the more you will find that they have great value as a stapple in any Iron Hands force. As stated before by Raktra, their point cost is very deceptive. Once you factor out the cost of a primus medicae, and the free thunderhammer they are a bargain over vanilla cataphract terminators. They are also more durable against the most common terminator remove means, the plasmagun. 5++/5+ trumps 4++ any day. Another very important feature is their access to graviton weapons. On a relentless platform, gravitons are fearsome and turn a unit that is usually powerless against AV 14 at range into a hullpoint stripping machine - making them a great anti transport support unit. Add in a chainfist or two and you have yourself a tough wrecking crew.

Moreover, they help you build an apothecary-less force, freeing up elite slots and paving the way for a Ferrus list that will not need to shelf models.

Even though blind had only 1/3rd chance to trigger against marines, it can still turn a favourable engagement into a rout. It also applies to hits received from enemy overwatch.

Pros

-FnP

-Grav Weapons

-Relentless

-Hottest miniatures in the range.

-Cost Efficient

Cons

-No access to combi weapons

-no as killy as other legion termies