[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

Iron hands have a minus to their sweep rolls don't they? Or am I getting confused with sallies here.

Being an ec player as well (i know I know) any rules which function / are slightly useable are cool to me lol

Volkite action and gun them down should be better than a hampered sweep? Or not?

I am thinking of using Dosadi's awesome chapter master as a template for my Mor.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281427-iron-hands-chapter-master/page-2

While awesome, it looks like something the mechanicum would do. A space marine would not hinder his battle readiness with such an unweildy frame.

I am thinking of using Dosadi's awesome chapter master as a template for my Mor.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281427-iron-hands-chapter-master/page-2

While awesome, it looks like something the mechanicum would do. A space marine would not hinder his battle readiness with such an unweildy frame.

Good point. . .. hmmmmm. Back to the drawing board. :)

So I am planning on using Orth in a sicarian and in bigger games (you guys sold me :) ) Autek Mor.  I still was thinking of running a unit of Castallex with Darkfire cannons. I know Mor cannot join them, but is it still worth running them on there own or not? 

Also what squad/build is best to run with Autek?

At that point, you'd might as well use a Praevian to take the Castellax so they can benefit from LA:IH, most notably the -1S to shooting against them making them effectively T8.

Can't speak for Autek Since I've only ever been on the Receiving end.

For the Praevian, an Additional BOlter is a a must and HAS to be fired first to give the Castellax Preferred Enemy vs what he just shot.

Artificer Armor as standard, never leave home without it.

CC Weapon is up to you. A Power Fist or Thunder Hammer is a good choice.

A Boarding Shield for Defensive Grenades makes for good Charge Deterrent.

Otherwise its up to you.

Thanks Slips! :smile.: So I am confused on what the Praevian can be equipped with? I see that he is an upgrade for a Centurion unit, but not sure what gear or everything he can take? :sad.:

Raktra: What unit/ loadout do you run with Mor? Just Gorgons?

Edited by Demonknight

These are just some of my thoughts only having played a handful of times with him myself.

I usually run Autek with Gorgons just cause that's what I happen to have at the moment. But a plasma squad with his preferred enemy infantry is bonkers but costly, so you need a spartan or a land raider to protect your investment.  I typically wouldn't be running Autek in this squad but I would definitely choose them as the secondary unit for his warlord trait.

Immortals as weird/bad as some people think, seem like a good fit for Autek to me. Cruising in a spartan before jumping out with 22 (with Autek) or even 42 preferred enemy infantry volkite shots is crazy against 40k and pretty decent against 30k. Plus Immotrals are poo in melee, so having Autek there to get them out if they get stuck can be pretty good as well.

You could also just run him with regular cataphractii termies so he isn't slowing down gorgons, plus you can take volkites so he doesn't feel left out. Give them power fists as well and you have a unit that can really take advantage of his preferred enemy while being able to keep up with his combat prowess to a degree. You definitely wanna give them a drop pod or spartan. Really you can do the same with gorgons because if they charge out of a spartan it doesn't matter if they have S&P.

That's just my thoughts and I am sure there are people way more experienced than me, so hopefully they can correct on the things I missed or am just plain wrong about.

Bear in mind he could be with Terminators and still hand out PE separately to another unit.

@Knight - currently trying out him, a Spartan and 7 Gorgons with a graviton gun and a chainfist. General-purpose squishing unit. Mind that setup is usually what's with Ferrus, so I might need to add another chainfist to make up for the lack of his muscle (though this list has a Glaive).

Edited by Raktra

In low points games, he buffs a support or heavy support squad with volkite weapons amd just watch the death toll rise, and walks around in a command squad geared to taste as a counter melee unit.

In largee games, I go jerk mode ans take both fire support units, have him buff one and grant his passive to the other.

I love those builds! Thanks for the advice! That's awsome he can split buffs. I want to keep it fun for sure, but not hand over an easy victory. :)

Phased: I am really liking immortals.

Raktra: that is the build I am going to try. I think I'm going to try 10 man with 2 Chain fists and 2 gravs.

Wolf: What are the fire support units you have him buff?

What do you guys think of heavy support squad builds? Good back field ranged support?

• 2 weeks later...

I feel while we play dreads well, our domaine is more of the big doom lasers on mobile bunkers.

Add some choom and some pew pew feedback laser beams and you got a good Iron Hands force.

I mean, if it isn't dangerously lethal and experimental, why even bother?

@ Demon Knight

Prefered enemy works best on all flavours of choom.

Edited by Wolf_Pack

Dread head list

+++ Dreadhead (3475pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ Troops +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [19x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, 2x Melta gun, Nuncio-Vox]

··Rules: Hardened Armour, Legiones Astartes

··Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Power Weapon]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [19x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, 2x Melta gun, Nuncio-Vox]

··Rules: Hardened Armour, Legiones Astartes

··Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Power Weapon]

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

··Rules: Dreadnought Talon

··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

····Rules: Blessed Autosimulacra, Fleet

··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

····Rules: Blessed Autosimulacra, Fleet

··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [blessed Autosimulacra, Graviton Gun, Volkite Culverin]

····Rules: Blessed Autosimulacra, Deflagrate, Fleet

Legion Dreadnought Talon

··Legion Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Blessed Autosimulacra, Graviton Gun, Plasma Cannon]

····Rules: Blessed Autosimulacra

··Legion Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Blessed Autosimulacra, Graviton Gun, Plasma Cannon]

Legion Dreadnought Talon

··Legion Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Blessed Autosimulacra, Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Twin-linked Lascannon]

··Legion Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Blessed Autosimulacra, Graviton Gun, Multi-Melta]

··Legion Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Blessed Autosimulacra, Graviton Gun, Multi-Melta]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

··Rules: Extra Armour, Independent Tracking

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

··Rules: Extra Armour, Independent Tracking

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [X: Iron Hands]

+ Lord of War +

Ferrus Manus

··Rules: Adamantium Will, Eternal Warrior, Fear, Fearless, Fleet, Independent Character, It Will Not Die, Master of Mechanisms, Master of the Legion, Sire of the Iron Hands, Very Bulky

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Posted rules by mistake sorry admin

Edited by RandomMarine