Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much Ovidius :smile.:

Back to infantry and I finished another five Intercessors today. This takes me up to 15, so I can field 3x squads in a Battalion detachment but ultimately I will have 30 so I can max out those squads.

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-1a-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-1b-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-2a-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-2b-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-3a-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-3b-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-4a-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-4b-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-5a-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-5b-768x768.jp

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-Group-01-768x

Raptors-Intercessors-Mixed-Group-02-768x

Edited by LutherMax

They look great. And its nice to see I'm not the only one that has an issue drilling the barrels in the exact center.

Thanks mate! And yes, I really need to work on that! I managed it on one of these at least :D

Thanks guys!

Welp, I promised when I sold my Blood Angels that I would never wholly abandon the Sons of Sanguinius. The opportunity to come back to them was presented by Indefragable of these very halls, who after buying a few items from my collection commissioned me to paint these two Xiphon Interceptors. And very enjoyable to paint they were too! I hope he likes them and that they serve him well. We'll find out in a couple of weeks as I'm delivering them in person!

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-High-An

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-Pair-76

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-Low-Ang

Blood-Angels-Xiphon-Interceptors-Low-Ang

I have to say that not only are your painting skills exemplary, but you compliment them perfectly with your photography skills. In a digital age, that's so very important. 

I must look on your blog site to see if you still have the photography guide up there.......

The raptors are gorgeous

However the Xiphons are amazing, but for me the best part is the pilots and the glow from within the cockpit. 

I am in total awe... How the heck did you do it?

Thanks for the comments!

I have to say that not only are your painting skills exemplary, but you compliment them perfectly with your photography skills. In a digital age, that's so very important. 

I must look on your blog site to see if you still have the photography guide up there.......

The guide is still up (https://www.themightybrush.com/how-to-photograph-miniatures/) although now I have a Foldio3 lightbox, which is awesome! I will post a review at some point. All the principles and the other equipment remain the same as when I wrote the article.

The raptors are gorgeous

However the Xiphons are amazing, but for me the best part is the pilots and the glow from within the cockpit. 

I am in total awe... How the heck did you do it?

I started by painting the whole cockpit area and pilot a very dark blue (Vallejo Model Air Insignia Blue, to be precise), and then I sprayed the 'dashboard' and pilot white, building up in gradual coats and making sure the direction of the spray came from the lit controls. I sprayed the cockpit glass with many light coats of FW acrylic ink 'Dark Green'. Light coats are important here because the plastic is so smooth and shiny, and you can quickly build up droplets or running with the low-viscosity ink.

I was always pretty underwhelmed by the Xiphon model -- until I saw your paintjob on it, that is. Utterly fantastic! Thumbs up! :smile.:

I really like where you deployed the black panels to break up the red.

Paint, weathering and transfer work is top notch as we've all come to expect.

Thanks both!

This has to be my favorite mini of the day! :smile.: I love how you shade the olive!

Thanks!

Does anyone know if forge world ever did 8th edition rules for the badab chapters?

I don't think so. It would be cool to get 8th Ed rules for Lias!

They have done the rules for the Characters but no chapter tactics. Lias has rules!

And from what I remember, Lias is beastly.

Where are those rules?!

Iirc, the Forge World Index for the Space Marines has the rules for all the Badab War characters.

Could you let me know how you do the weathering?

I am working on tau myself right now that have a similar color scheme to your green Marines and they are just awesome.

It's the first time I've been looking to doing battle damage, weathering /dirt effects and glow effects

Could you let me know how you do the weathering?

I am working on tau myself right now that have a similar color scheme to your green Marines and they are just awesome.

It's the first time I've been looking to doing battle damage, weathering /dirt effects and glow effects

Hi Triszin,

I actually did a tutorial on how I paint them: https://www.themightybrush.com/how-to-paint-raptors-space-marines/

But if you have any specific questions let me know!

Cheers,

Luther