Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

• 2 weeks later...

The yellow definitely adds to the scheme :happy.: Regarding the plasma glow, are you going to add the "reflection" to some of them?

Good question! I wasn't planning to, although I have done such things before. I wanted to keep the glow subtle, as it can easily be overdone, and there aren't many places where the coils are very close to the armour where the light would naturally reflect... but, there may be a couple of spots where it would look cool. I might give it a try on the next squad!

Hey man, I love them. The yellow helmets really make them pop. However, I think the yellow ammo cannisters are a little too much. I think they'd look more balanced in your usual silver...might be just me though.

It's a fair point. I thought it might be good to counter-balance the helmets, and there is a precedent for it, my Redemptor Dreads:

Raptors-Redemptor-Dreadnought-Plasma-01-

The yellow helmets look awesome and compliment the green really well.

But theyre pretty much the opposite of how the Raptors would operate in terms of identifying markings and enemy visibility.

That is true, but without I felt these guys would look a bit dull. Just Intercessors with plasma guns. I wanted a way to differentiate them and I use yellow as a spot colour in various places throughout this army. In the end these factors and Rule of Cool trumped realism and fluff accuracy for me :smile.:

Well done. The plasmaguns' lighting effects look so realistic.

Thanks Bjorn!

Yes, you do have a point. I think they would look good just as metallic, but I'm happy enough with them yellow that I doubt I'll go back and change it. Although I have another squad of these to do so I may try metal on those and compare.

Next up, some Sternguard made from the FW Legion Recon Squad!

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-Group-01

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-Group-02

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-01-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-02-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-03-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-04-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-05-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-06-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-07-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-08-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-09-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-10-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-11-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-12-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-13-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-14-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-15-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-16-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-17-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-18-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-19-768x7

Raptors-Legion-Recon-Sternguard-20-768x7

Your Raptors are brilliant mate, you have really nailed the green :thumbsup:

Your plasma/jet pack glow :ohmy.: wow

Thanks Midnight Runner!

Your Raptors are well-painted, but why pair camo-cloaks with helmets whose bright colors scream, "Shoot me! I'm right over here!"?

They're on a planet covered with vast fields of alien plants, man-high with round white flowers on top of grey-green stalks :tongue.:

Fair! I'd forgotten about those guys. I think on the bigger model, which has less yellow, it adds nice pop, but on these guys it just feels like it is more...noticeable? I dunno - either way, they look great.

I have these models sitting on top of my desk, and ever since you pointed this out I’ve been glancing up at them and thinking about it. Today I had my metallic paint out working on something else and I decided to go ahead and paint over the yellow on the gun on one of them to see what it would look like.

You were right, it looks better. I repainted them all :D

Fair! I'd forgotten about those guys. I think on the bigger model, which has less yellow, it adds nice pop, but on these guys it just feels like it is more...noticeable? I dunno - either way, they look great.

I have these models sitting on top of my desk, and ever since you pointed this out I’ve been glancing up at them and thinking about it. Today I had my metallic paint out working on something else and I decided to go ahead and paint over the yellow on the gun on one of them to see what it would look like.

You were right, it looks better. I repainted them all :D

Haha not everyday I get to inspire Luther! Sorry my OCD touched you as well. Mind sharing a pic?

Edited by keeblerartillery

Thanks for the comments!

@ keebler, I probably will re-photograph them at some point, but I have another five to paint and they will be done without the yellow canisters so you'll definitely see them then!

Today I painted up a Cullexus Assassin for a friend of mine. I will be doing the other Assassins too at some point. First time I've ever started and finished a model on the same day! :biggrin.:

Cullexus-Assassin-01-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-02-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-03-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-04-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-05-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-06-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-07-768x768.jpg

Cullexus-Assassin-08-768x768.jpg

These sternguard are awesome! Great paint jobs and camo work! The one using the DW body is by far my favorite. I love the look and pose he has plus the tiger-stripe esque camo looks fantastic.

The assassin also looks great. Seriously great looking paint job and I'm envious that you did that in a day.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments!

It’s been a while since I posted but I’ve not been idle – far from it in fact! I’m working on several projects, some of which have required stripping and repainting several times. More on that later, but meantime I’ve been chipping away at Lieutenant Runnik, who was started probably over a year ago and is only now complete…

Raptors-Primaris-Lieutenant-2-01-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Lieutenant-2-02-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Lieutenant-2-03-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Lieutenant-2-04-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Lieutenant-2-05-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Lieutenant-2-06-768x768