Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

Thanks both!

Hey Luther, I may have missed it, but if you don't mind me asking - what led you to move on from your Blood Angels?

That being said, love seeing all your work and it never fails to inspire!

To be honest it was just a weird feeling I got when 8th dropped and the Primaris stuff was released. I'd been collecting Blood Angels for years and years and just felt it was time to try something different.

But as you can see, I still go back every now and then :wink:

Thanks very much bevulf!

And now, without much further ado, the Space Marine equivalent of the US Army Bradley IFV.

This was a funny project. It went from nothing to almost finished in four hours, and then I spent probably three times that long detailing and weathering it – but at the same time trying to keep the weathering subtle. I figured it would be good practice for the relic vehicles I will be painting in the future.

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-01-1024x6

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-02-1024x6

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-03-1024x6

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-04-1024x6

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-05-1024x6

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-06-1024x6

Raptors-Primaris-Repulsor-Tank-07-1024x6

Stunning weathering work! Love all your Blood Angels stuff as well.

Apologies if this has already been asked, I may have missed it if it has. Could you give me a run down on how you apply your decals? I take it you use micro sol and micro set? Do you first apply them on a gloss painted surface then then hit the model with a matte varnish once complete? There is no sign of sheen from the decals, which looks great!

Apologies if this has already been asked, I may have missed it if it has. Could you give me a run down on how you apply your decals? I take it you use micro sol and micro set? Do you first apply them on a gloss painted surface then then hit the model with a matte varnish once complete? There is no sign of sheen from the decals, which looks great!

Thanks mate! As for the decals, I got you fam! https://www.themightybrush.com/how-to-apply-decals-with-microset-and-microsol/

Thanks mate! As for the decals, I got you fam! https://www.themightybrush.com/how-to-apply-decals-with-microset-and-microsol/

Fantastic, thanks LutherMax. That blog answerd all my questions. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and hope you get round to doing more Blood Angels in the future.

Thanks guys!

How good is the microset and microsol on home made decals?

I am going to do some diy decals and worried that they will damage them more than fix them down.

Do you mean inkjet transfer paper? I don’t have much experience with it. Microset/sol are absolutely fine with GW/FW sheets for sure. I find they soften Fallout Hobbies sheets a bit too much but still workable. May be a bit strong for inkjet paper but best to do a test...

Yes, I am going to try inkjet paper.

I could get access to a laserjet printer at work, but as it is a communal printer, always scared somebody will print their work stuff on my expensive paper :D

Will give it a test, cheers.

If too strong can the microsol/set be diluted down, or is it best just to use it for smoothing the decal out only?