Loyalists of the XIV: The tyrant's ruin and rival's fall

What I had in mind was something like a pair of sentinel missile pods attached to a shaved down heavy bolter body or something.

But, I think that they're your models, and, if that's what you got, great! I mean a lascannon front looks pretty cool there too!

(Plus, it means that I won't have anyone outdoing me on my own ideas whenever I try them out myself! :P)

Good stuff!

Edited by Argent aquila

What about Imperial Guard grenade launchers? I don't know if those may be a little bit too small, but I always imagined them looking cool on PA models. I'm looking forward to seeing anything that you produce in any event. 

@ Argent aquila: Glad you like it!

@ Pyromancer: The grenade launchers might be too small, as you say. My idea is that the "normal" rad missile launcher used by the Destroyers are an assault variant while the ones I will use for the Eradicators are much heavier and more powerful, so I need them real bulky. And thanks for the kind words.

If nothing comes in the way and the postal service proves itself to be cooperating, I should have the first two of the Moritat's Cremator Guard ready by Tuesday/Wednesday.

This army is gorgeous, the kind I would love to face across the table, too bad we're across the pond. Do you have any plans to model a version of Nathaniel Garro?

Edited by Athrawes

How in the name of the Emperor have I not seen this thread before???

Everything I've seen so far is nothing short of awesome, especially the Grenadier.

The fact that you want to chop up a perfectly awesome heavy bolter makes me kinda....twitchy. But that's just me and my like for the FW heavy bolter.

Still an awesome thread.

@ Athrawes: Thanks a lot! Garro will definitely get a spot here, I just need to find a suitable body somewhere. It doesn't feel right to represent a part of the 7th Great Company without having its Captain.

@ TheWarmaster: Thanks, brother! Rest assured, there is much more on the way. As I've said before, the heavy bolter is a noble sacrifice to sate a poor fellow's addiction to rad weaponry.

Some time ago I started thinking on how to represent the former psykers of the Dusk Raiders in a Death Guard army. It resulted today in this fellow, a powerful pyromancer that now serves as champion of the Honour Guard.

Bladesman Domhnall Aodhan

gallery_73590_8946_171782.jpg

Nice! I like how the plastic kits from GW fit in with the pieces from FW and the heresy in general. 

Me too. It makes it easier to create unique characters and brings a little flavour to the army. And thanks.

He looks Good !!  I figured my group will disregard The Big E's Decree.

Thanks. Aodhan is not someone with much love for Mortarion and the Emperor and I think Istvaan III will be a fine place for him to become his true self again.

Looks great

Thank you, brother.

So, now I need decide if I should run him as a librarian or champion for the ETL. Haven't made a list with points for about five years.

@ Anaziel: Actually, I haven't thought much about how they will work in a game. I just figured the Moritat would need a heavily armed bodyguard to burn anyone in his path. I could always try and make some rules for these guys if I have the time (and skill).

@ recon0321: Thanks, glad you like them.

@ lokkorex: Especially not when they are filled with chemical goodies.

@ deathspectersgt7: Thanks a lot, brother!

Here is my first vow for ETL ready for painting

gallery_73590_8946_115057.jpg

Then it's the matter of painting the Cremators. I had planned to give them the same chem-scorched armour as the rest of the Destroyers to ensure a unified look, though now that I have built two of them I feel they deserve some more attention. But they are the Company's vanguard and would look strange if they are the only ones still having paint on their armour. Thoughts?

And to finish, a little weather report. The last few days it's been dry like a desert up here, but today it's snowing.

Correct, the first time I saw them they screamed to be used by a group of elite Death Guard to deliver chemical fire.

Assembly was a living hell, because the connection between the flamer and the cannisters on the backpack needed to be bent into the correct position. I think I spent nearly three hours with boiling water before I managed to get them right. A good thing there will only be five of them.