Terra Will Fall - An ancient evil returns

GhostMalone

Oh wow Jasp, and you say your NOT one of the greats! don't be modest. you need to respect your craft as much as we do. I really like how the Sorcerer is coming. and the 3 skulls, nice. That is a very cool nod to the 40K Deathguard symbol.

My conversions will be minimal to start. mainly kit-bashes and such. but, I do however have plans for some DG specific scuplts for a frien of mine to cast for me. I am planning to glean the Visions of Heresy art for some good stuff. I am going to focus mainly on helmets and accessories to nurgle-fy some guys. Now I just need to find a cheap copy of the Heresy artbooks!

I am also planning to do some bitz inspired by WW1 uniforms and equipment. just little thing to add variety.

my test mini is primed, and will see paint today. Mortarian willing.

prime.

Awesome as prime :D

I'm hoping to start the death shroud and apothecary next. God willing.

I just couldn't get the forked lightning to work so I thought need something else. But it's still WIP

"Think if you could have a few droplets dripping off the trail and then paint it in a vibrant, putrid looking green/yellow it'd look really cool. Like he's siphoned off some of the disease and corruption within his own body to hurl."

Hmmm laborious my friend please delve and explain this more I'm intrigued???

I intend to paint the spell like this

http://buypainted.com/index.php/warhammer/vampire-counts-mortis-engine-gallery/attachment/mortis-engine-2/

Nice work Jasp, it's awesome seeing you really stretch your wings. Excited to see what else comes out of this unholy union :)

Brother for you to compliment me is amongst the highest praise I could hope for. Right now I'm still learning with the GS, hopefully I can do something worthy of standing beside your NL's

So here's my ideas;

5 heavy support with volkite culverns

5 tactical support with volkite chargers

1 Mortis contemptor with kehres assualt cannons and Mortis missile launcher

10 tactical marines with umbra pattern bolters

And the apothecary.

That's what I'm planning on taking first

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/523797D9-B30F-47A6-B9CC-4B5D79DB75CD-768-0000008D36CD005D_zpsba3ee9ea.jpg

Somehow, Sgt. Icor was separated from his squad.

“where are they.” he wondered. Didn’t matter. They were warriors of the XIVth Legion. More importantly, They were Duskwalkers. The hands of death. Sons of Barbarus. they would prevail. Or, they would die.

His thoughts were interrupted by a an approaching party. he looked around, searching…...there. he lay on the ground next to a few a couple of fallen Astartes. scooping some offal out of the mid-section of one of them, he smeared his warplate with the gore. he lay still.

The Fulgrimites entered the clearing, Their Purple warplate as clean as the day it was made. At least they weren’t the fists.

The “Emperors” Children thrust the Muzzles of their boltguns in his direction when rose to his feet.

“I thought I smelled filth” their leader spoke.

“and I knew I smelled a woman” was his response.

“How dare you, you horrid little….”

‘HOW DARE I?” Icor spat, slamming a fist into his chest. “You Fulgrimites were supposed to guard the rear. But you fled to pursue your own, petty, lust!” “ You are not warriors, you are not even men anymore!”

“kill him” the son of fulgrim commanded. The scouting party opened fire but hit empty air. he was on the first “man” in an instant. His power axe buried in the “warriors” guts. He wrenched it free. the Fulgrimite landed in two places. The next “warrior” found himself freed of his head. the third fired. this time the shot found it’s mark. He hardly felt the Bolt shell rip through his mibsection. “Well, the Corruption has it’s perks I guess” he thought with a Macabre humor. spinning, he sank the power axe into his opponents warplate between the Pauldron and helmet. He didn’t have time to jerk it free as the fourth “man” was on him. A full tackle that saw both warriors into the mud. each hammerblow of the Fulgrimites fist on his helmet caused the visor to blink out in static. He hadn’t expected such strength from a woman. he wrenched his combat knife from it’s sheath on his chest and drove it up into chest plate. his fist followed. with knife and fist inside the tackler, he twisted his fist back and forth. the action all but liquified the Modified organs.

When the dead “man” was kicked off he knocked the leader from his feet, his Boltgun sinking into the muck. He could only stare in horror as Sgt Icor rose to his feet.

“You have made a grave mistake fool.” he stated “I am a son of Mortarion, I have fought outnumbered and outgunned my entire existence”

“You can not hope to defeat one of us this way.”

A single shot from his plasma pistol sheared off the Fulgrimites leg at the hip. he screamed, They all scream.

He tore the fallen warriors helmet off. the look on his face pleased Icor. “I am from Barbarus. And on Barbarus, men settle their quarrels like men.”

The Blackend fist dropping onto his face was the last thing the Fulgrimite ever saw…….

here is the test mini as promised, It's still wip, but I have grown fond of him. he will lead the 1 assault squad I will take.

Morris missile launcher

so..... it's going to launch orange cats from the cat food commercials?

Just be aware that the Terran born Dusk raiders do not get on with the Barbarians. The Dusk raiders fought for a very long time before Mortarion took over the legion and grew their own customs and traditions born from the unification wars. When Mortarion came in he stamped all of that out, with nearly all the former raiders later being annihilated at Isstvan.

Otherwise great background - just be wary of Dusk Raider reference unless the models in question are, at this moment in time, more loyal to the big E over Mortarion.

That's why they aren't dusk raiders.

The company is known as the dusk walkers.

They walk the lines between life and death always heading away from twilight and into dusks embrace!

That's why the company has a bi polar feel and why were showing a resistance and embrace of nurgles gifts.

The problem we faced was the fact that the tragedy of the death guard were that they were tyrant toppers and xenos killers.

So we decided to try portray this

This is where the Magic happens(I guess).

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/4CA9C180-6B49-4B03-8152-310624BA0761-768-000000A5FB2C5A6B_zps004e52be.jpg

and hers is Sgt. Icor with the wash of 50/50 Seraphim sepia and Lahmian medium.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/5B67E282-6828-4D2F-9A5F-6B60FDC9440D-768-000000A7FBBD595D_zpse218d68c.jpg

I forgot about how frikkin long Lahmian medium takes to dry! now it a waiting game.

Jaspcat has graciously given me the reigns artisitically to determine the colour scheme. so we are going to do the FW one. it's very strait forward and yields good results.

That's why they aren't dusk raiders.

The company is known as the dusk walkers.

They walk the lines between life and death always heading away from twilight and into dusks embrace!

That's why the company has a bi polar feel and why were showing a resistance and embrace of nurgles gifts.

The problem we faced was the fact that the tragedy of the death guard were that they were tyrant toppers and xenos killers.

So we decided to try portray this

My bad, looks like you have all bases covered.  :)

That's a really awesome conversion Furioso!

I find it disturbing just how organized your painting area is. I was under the impression painting areas had to be chaotic messes of paint pots and random plastic parts for it to work. :P 

Mike.

I find it disturbing just how organized your painting area is. I was under the impression painting areas had to be chaotic messes of paint pots and random plastic parts for it to work. tongue.png

Mike.

About 50/50. I have quite a few friends whose painting areas are damn near immaculate, furioso included.

Mine? Kinda looks like a madman's hideout.

Glad those Mk II legs came in handy, man. He's looking good, keep it up.

Are you still building Sallies too, or am I to face Mortarion's sons at some point?

yep the sallies are still a go. I'm just waiting for the community army project to run its course, then I'll flesh it out from there!

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/503f275f-9033-49a8-bb78-9ee5c94ec374_zpsf609243a.jpg

[Pict Cap; XVIIth company, The Wraith, Siege Of Terra]

There is no crueller tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice

All he heard was a buzzing sound, it caused him pain & put him on the verge of collapse. His powers were growing stronger but his body was collapsing, an untapped untrained power was finally reaching it's true potential.

Over the past week Tyrion's body was undergoing a metamorphosis, he no longer could control the bloating and swelling that was starting to take hold, even his superhuman biology couldn't fight it.

The more he used his power the more his body corrupted, and the more he looked like a necromancer of old.

He strode through the battlefields of terra re animating the dead, loyalist or traitor it mattered not, in death they held no loyalties only his dominating will held sway.

The carrion corpse fodder had one purpose, to be a meat shield for the XVIIth company on their march into the breaches on the outer walls. The palace was starting to fall. Once they had penetrated into the shell they could make their way to the heart of the imperium & finally free humanity from the shackles of tyranny that was the Emperor.

"My life has a purpose once more, I was once humanities shield against the terrors of old night."

"Now I shall become the terror held deep within the darkness and serve humanity by freeing it from it's fear"

"I will cleanse the healthy and help the sick and dying, those that endure will be rewarded and those that succumb will be embraced"

The breaches within the outer walls were on the horizon, and his corpse shield were the start of the assault.

"Now begins the end"

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/975db314-a838-4a26-8d9f-4d59ff497d5b_zps40dc325a.jpg

[Pict Cap; XVIIth company, The Traitors Gambit, Istvaan III]

Tis not seasonable to call a man traitor, that has an army at his heels

He drifted through memories, those that were his own and some that were not. He looked back at the past and watched everything play out from his birth through to his last concise memory, he found one common factor that played out through his life.

Family.

He cried when he was torn from his mothers breast on barbarus, he cared and protected the other initiates as a supplicant to the Death Guard, he became an apothecary to heal and protect his brothers & he even put bolt rounds through his own squads hearts, lungs & other vital organs on Istvaan III.

And it was because these were his family.

He went into treachery to serve his father and brothers. He massacred cousins and watched an uncle fall.

He loved his legion and saw them at their greatest and lowest points throughout history.

Now though he was at a cross road, his body wasn't responding, the corruption was spreading & he had fallen because of despair.

++you have a choice you know++

A voice that carried the weight of millennia entered his thoughts.

++to give in and die would serve no justice, your brothers still fight and carry on forward even as they lose themselves, why should you be any different++

"I don't understand? I'm no traitor I'm loyal to my legion and nothing else why would I listen to some voice in my head"

Silence was his only reply.

He thought on the words spoken to him, he was no different from his brothers except for one difference. He swore to preserve and protect the legion when he became a Primus Medicae.

"I'm different as I try to heal, not just destroy! You hear me I will help rebuild mankind once we win this war!"

The voice appeared in his mind again laughing hysterically.

++You think you are different my little surgeon, you are but a microbe within a festering world.++

++I've seen life die a million times over, I've seen races extinguished and suns corrode++

++But you have the perseverance I admire & this may be an entertaining distraction++

++prove to me that you are worthy of life & I will release you from your slumber++

"If I can prove that we aren't lost and that the legion will endure will you lift this curse?"

There was more silence

++Yes, but I warn you that it's a hopeless course you have chosen++

His eyes opened and he pulled himself off of the floor by the makeshift surgery bench.

"Ill show you, the only course is the one that is the hardest to overcome"

I find it disturbing just how organized your painting area is. I was under the impression painting areas had to be chaotic messes of paint pots and random plastic parts for it to work. tongue.png

Mike.

About 50/50. I have quite a few friends whose painting areas are damn near immaculate, furioso included.

Mine? Kinda looks like a madman's hideout.

Iv'e seen it. it looks like an organized trainwreck(that night at least!)

Prime is a neat freak compared to my work space so I can only imagine heathens

To honest, mine only starts out that way. then it ends up looking like hammered censored.gif !

Prime is a neat freak compared to my work space so I can only imagine heathens

I'll take a pic tonight and post it. It's about as bad as you can imagine,lol.

get ready!

Ill so the same and we can compare who's is the worst msn-wink.gif

so is it messy because of you, or the fact that the OZ was originally peopled by criminals!whistlingW.gif laugh.png tongue.png

Here is a little update on Sgt Icor. I started cleaning up the white/wash and layer #1 on the pauldrons. I have also begun to prepaint the areas black that are going to be Steel or bronze.I might not be able to touch him till monday or so. so this'll have to hold ya'll over for a bit!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/EE2E2D03-8F50-4866-B41F-0826CC24D65D-768-000000B6FF05BDC5_zpsb395f2e0.jpg

hey Jasp, I know we agreed on the Forgeworl scheme, but i think I might change the bronze recipe. maybe the Salamander one? I'll work it out and pm you the recipe!

Archived