We Are Legion

Daemon2027

Hopefully it will come out ok once painted. I think I'm going to have be careful so not to fill up,the cracks with paints. If it works expect to see it a lot across my army.

Finished the legion symbol. Sort of looks rough by I'm hesitant to touch in case it all goes wrong.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5472/12219547483_4e9c4639ee.jpg

Edit: and yes there is a random piece of green stuff by his left arm, not sure what that is. Oh and there are missing cables on his left side. Had a little accident with some glue, will be adding some new ones tonight.

• 2 months later...

Ok so this isn't much of an update, but a review of my lack of progress. In 4 months my Alpha Legion force is thus:

13537967195_0e31dc5585.jpg

2 guys ready to paint, one guy almost ready, and one just started model. However, I have been waiting for the new book, to get a feel for FW direction. Now I've seen the rules, and read a few bits of fluff, I'm feeling motivated to ramp things up a bit. Even better, wife and baby are going away this weekend, so I'm planning to get the recon squad assembled, a few test models done, and maybe even start painting the Librarian (I also need to catch up on TV, and play Stick of Truth, so how much gets done is debatable).The Vigilator is going to become a Saboteur (a new XXth legion specific consul), so a minor modification will need to be made.

I haven't been completely idle though, and I made this next fella.

13538216073_4dc1efed10.jpg

13538406224_0ce278cc4c.jpg

When I saw the new command kits, I knew he had to be made. He doesn't look very Alpha Legion though, so I slapped on a Sons of Horus shoulder pad. Background wise I see him as a Centurion sent by Horus to keep track of the XXth, make sure they are towing the line. To that end I may build a small body guard for him. The axe needs to be finished off, and I may SoH him up a bit more. I'm also interested by the new Scions Stormtrooper kit, they would make great clandestine Imperial Army troops.

Some more WIPS at various levels of completeness:

Recon Marines - Vox Operator and Legionnaire

13654270093_76e175c018.jpg

Recon Marines - Sergeant and Legionnaire

13654229075_f151a58ebd.jpg

Legion Champion (Working background name, Sword of Alpharius, Blade of the Hydra, or are they a bit cheesy)

13654186325_433818764d.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I've never liked artscale marines until seeing yours! The champion and the SOH are my favourite so far I think. As for his name, the Blade of the Hydra sounds pretty cool, but more as a title, like Joe Bob, Blade of the Hydra. Just my opinion however, so go with what you like.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate. Ive gone off the Legion Champion so am putting him to one side for now.

But, I have done some more work done on the recon squad. Turned the vigilator into the squads sgt as I wasn't happy with him and he fits in nicely. Hoping to have their camo cloaks finished by the weekend and they may make my ETL vow.

14088043753_072b2a0f1b.jpg

Great looking recon squad Demon! The art-scaling and green stuff work is really well done and you've captured the character of the XXth nicely.

Looking forward to seeing you paint them up for ETLIII :)

Kizzdougs: Thanks. I think the Alpha Legion have become a bit of an obsession for me, and I sometimes worry I am going a bit overboard.

Jaspcat: I am no god, just Alpharius, and I am Legion :)

I'm glad I inspired you with the Vigilator though, although mine has been relegated to a squad leader. However it had given me the idea of having these character detailed models sprinkled round as it will fit Alpharius 'We are Legion' rule. I should be getting my copy of Extermination soon (Collectors edition, was dispatched Monday), and i plan to write a very loose list. More a whish list then anything, but should help focus me. I know next I want to do some destroyers and that leads naturally to a Morriat. Also hoping Forge World with give me some new Alpha Legion toys to play with soon. Shoulder pads, etched brass, XX legion upgrade kit, and a contemptor would make my day. I badly want to build a Praetor, I have an idea burning in my mind, but those sort of kits will make the model.

Kizzdougs: Thanks. I think the Alpha Legion have become a bit of an obsession for me, and I sometimes worry I am going a bit overboard.

Don't worry brother, we all love to see the results of your AL obsession :)

I'm hopping to get in on the HH action soon myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I realised I hadn't put a group shot of my recon marines in here yet, I finished them last week and posted a picture of them, the librarian, and the Son of Horus in the HH ETLIII as they are my vow. So here is said picture for anyone who hasn't seen it.

13904314220_741681f3c3.jpg

I will try and grab some shots of just the recon team tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose I should explain what I am doing with these guys. They are no longer my ETL, nor my main project. See my world a Eaters for that.

I am still continuing with the Alpha Legion, but at a slower rate. I want to work on my Alpha Legion as a group of individuals, working on each model separately. I want to use them as a vehicle to improve my modelling a painting ability. I am going yo treat them as a modelling project, a slow burner, while I work on my 'army', the World Eaters. In case any one is interested, here is the idea for my Alpha Legion.

The kill team is led by three figures, a librarian, a Praetor designated Omegon, and Alpharius the primarch (who may or may not be Alpharius). Their team will be vets, recon marines, head hunters, and Learnean terminators, and they will be supported by storm eagles and fire raptors. Their agenda will be based around the readings of the acuity, and will involve them assassinate key figures who could swing the future in a certain way. This of course leaves them open to which side their on. I have also come up with a direct opponent, the Raven Guard. Post Deliverance Lost, Corax would have seen the Alpha Legion as a greater threat and initiated a shadow war. To that end I see a small strike force of Raven Guard, led by ones of his Shadow Wardens, trying to dismantle the Alpha Legion cells.

So for now, this cell will be going dark, but they will return.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I have been flirting between legions for ages, I had an idea to do three legions plus auxiliaries, warped up in an Expeditionary fleet. However I am coming to realise that I just don't have the cash to do 3 Legions. So, after some long thinking I have returned to the XXth, who are my big love. I am going to be starting again, mainly as I can't be arsed to scale up, as it's becoming increasingly difficult with the newer forge world kits, and it takes soooooo long. So the Assassin Prime(Moritat) above joins the new force (the tac marine got painted up as a Raven Guard, so presumably died on Deliverance ;) ). The librarian and recon marines have been scraped for parts. I will be rebuilding the Librarian eventually.

Ok, so new force, new direction. The look will remain the same, functional, spec-ops, not short of pouches and the like. However, at the moment I am playing with the idea of a Seigebreaker Harrow, the idea being heavy artillery, infiltration light infantry, and mechanised (or deep striking) heavy infantry. At the end of the day I won't stick religiously to a list, and I plan to mix in different armour marks, mark III for breachers, mark IV for light infantry, etc.

Ok so wall of text, now needs pictures, here is my Vigilator, sporting a mix of Mark IV and VI, with a modified helm. The helm is my second attempt, and just requires some thin brass rod for an antenna on his left side. The idea being that the rifle scope is slaved to the helm, but can also be used manually, i.e. the astartes uses his naked eye, if the situation requires.

14849186147_b0b444b1fb.jpg15035364422_029e02c833.jpg14849127268_f7341c2dc3.jpg

I would love some feed back.

looking good looking real GOOD

those guys look like monsters thumbsup.gif

one tip i can highly recommend is try mixing greenstuff and milliput ,its a great medium that dries quicker than regular greenstuff and is carvable and sandable afterwards and is great for hard edges like armour

great work so far though

Archived