We Are Legion

Daemon2027

Glad you decided to come back to the Alpha Legion Demon, your stuff is just incredible, and is just dripping with the passion, attention to detail, and utter uniqueness that follows someone creating what they love.

With your potential different directions, one of the beautiful things about playing 30k and making models for it, is the fact there is SO much variety within single Legions themselves, it is perfectly fine to explore themes and skillsets that might not necessarily be attributed to the Legion.

AL are so varied anyway, like you said a heavy artillery, light scout infantry, and some heavy drop/mech infantry already sounds like an awesome sight on the table.

Best of luck!

Thanks mate, I really love what your doing, so to hear words of encouragement from you is great.

Ok so started painting last night, and I'm not happy. I think I have gone to light, and to green. The painting is also a bit messy which is what I get for staying up late. I'm going to see if I can create a better shade, in fact I think I had before I started to add to much Sotek green. Would love some thoughts

15028870266_f7a4ed3447.jpg

Oh and am experimenting on this guy as I will weather the crap out of him.

Lol, you know what, i gave it a drakenhof nightshade wash and it was an awesome SoH scheme.

Ok errm

Kantor Blue, steggadon scale green 50:50 base

Kantor blue, sotek green 50:50 layer

Add a bit more sotek green to that for another layer

Wash druchii purple

Highlight sotek green

Glaze with waywatcher green

Candleshoes has kindly shared his recipe with me so giving it a go. Already looks better!

Have you paintedon cracklepaint yet? I remember seeing the idea and I'm very keen to see if it works well.

Great modelli g BTW, love the BL idea!

Unfortunately, when I primed the model I lost the cool effect. Still, I think it's a good idea, and one that I shall explore further.

Ok, so spurred on with new painting ideas (thanks Candleshoes) I quickly begun to repaint the Moritat. I am much happier with the result. A little tweaking is required, and much neater painting but that will come with time (I hope). I also want to try and get a better colour variation from dark to lightning future models.

14875745478_eee51da17f.jpg

Now, Candleshoes recipe called for a watered down green wash, but (using my brain for once) when I tested it on a shoulder pad, it came out a lot greener. I think this is to close to the SoH scheme so I went with a blue glaze. Which you can see above. I will keep that shoulder pad though.

14875779817_45eb7d882a.jpg

The head looks really messed up, when I undercoated, the spray bobbled a bit, I fixed the body by sanding it down and undercoating by hand, but the head just looks wrong. I am thinking of removing it and giving him a helm.

Thoughts, tips, and opinions much appreciated.

That's a great scheme for the Effrit! I actually like the previous scheme for the regular legionaries. It would look great with the rest of the mini painted up. It is really difficult to get a proper appreciation of a colour scheme until the whole mini is painted (and even based). I'd encourage you to paint the other parts of the min before altering the armour colour.

Keep up the great work :) 

Archived