IA:Knights Errant, Emperor's Champ start, pg.2 :)

HiddenTemplar

Hi guys, I'm starting my new chapter, The Order of the Knights Errant, and to help me motivate myself I'm going to try to blog my modelling of them too, so I'd love your thoughts as I go.

Incidentally, I'd love your thoughts on my entry in the Liber Astartes as well, so here is the link to that:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/283403-iaknights-errant-new-to-the-bc-so-comments-appreciated/

First up is the Chaplain I'm working on at the moment. I need help with his right arm, the crozius arm. So here are the options so far:

2013 11 18 09.51.11

2013 11 18 09.52.29

2013 11 18 09.54.18

2013 11 18 09.55.55

2013 11 18 09.56.10

2013 11 18 09.58.14

2013 11 18 09.58.43

2013 11 18 09.58.51

First pose in the 2nd post gets my vote, because the momentum and sense of motion flows with the model.  I really hate to convey any negativity towards models,  but I really dislike that head on loyalist space marines, it just never looks "right" to me for a chaplain.  Have you considering using a different head?

Thanks guys. Agree on the first pose, he's been left like that on my table for now :)

The Chaplain: I have considered it and I'll keep looking for an alternative. At the moment it's the only skull-like head I have so wanted to try it. It is a fair point though - I'll keep looking.

I really hate to convey any negativity towards models, but I really dislike that head on loyalist space marines, it just never looks "right" to me for a chaplain. Have you considering using a different head?

Seconded! Get your own skull helms, Loyalist scum! :D

Seriously though, it's a strong kitbash. I actually like the pose from your first post, the one with the crozius resting on the shoulder. But that one doesn't work with the running legs, which is a shame. So I'd go with post 2, pic 3, the "follow me to war" pose.

Looking forward to the progression on this one!

Od.

Hey blacklord, so far mine is:

Vanguard legs

Sternguard body

Vanguard right arm with one of the thunder hammers from the kit taken apart

Sternguard left arm with Vanguard plasma pistol

Top of the crozius is also from the sternguard kit

Death Company backpack

Backpack mount from Black Templar conversion kit

Chaos marine head (not ideal, WIP)

The sternguard and vanguard kits are great, will post my Emperors Champion soon, also made from them.

Cheers Odsox. Feel I might receive further beatings if I keep the head :P

Well while the Chaplain is sidelined for want of a head, I thought I'd post me Emperor's Champion counts as. He was the first figure I put together, and I feel that he turned out rather well :) . Thoughts?

2013 11 19 18.22.59

2013 11 19 18.22.52

2013 11 19 18.22.39

2013 11 19 18.22.30

2013 11 19 18.22.20

Blacklord: It's a good shout, great kit for deathly symbolism :)

These veterans are designated protectors of the Questor (Emperor's Champ) as he roams the battlefield searching for the enemy's heroes. In practice they'll arrive with the Questor via drop-pod and hopefully lay down some nasty firepower to weaken the Questor's target unit.

I'm pretty happy with their poses, but shoulder pads need adding, and I'll come up with names before they are completed. I am also thinking of putting them on slightly more scenic bases; slate for example. Pose-wise though they are meant to look as though they have recently entered the fray, and so are in a variety of combative situations - some engaged, some looking to engage. Hope you like them.

2013 11 20 10.52.14

2013 11 20 10.47.58

2013 11 20 10.48.22

2013 11 20 10.51.24

2013 11 20 10.50.46

2013 11 20 10.50.02

2013 11 20 10.49.15

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've finally finished building the Paladins (Sternguard), and Questor (Emperor's Champ).

Crusader Squad to follow soon.

I'm going to post the colour scheme very soon, and would love some thoughts on possible basings then.

Photos are all with my phone, so may be a bit rubbish, sorry. 

Full squad:

The full squad

Questor Clement:

Questor Clement

Brother-Paladin Hugh:

Brother-Paladin Hugh

Brother-Paladin Francis:

Brother-Paladin Francis

Brother-Paladin Mattheus:

Brother-Paladin Mattheus

Brother-Paladin Giles:

Brother-Paladin Giles

Brother-Paladin Gerard:

Brother-Paladin Gerard

Brother-Paladin Balian:

Brother-Paladin Balian

Hope you like them so far... :)

Interesting, interesting. 

At first I too went for red and grey, and painted a tester fork the scheme, which sadly my camera, mixed with bad lighting hasn't been able to capture properly. Since then I came up with the middle ones, and am now working on a tester for that, with as you say Pheidias, the red being for sergeants or veterans even. 

I need to find a camera that can capture the testers well enough.

As for the white tabard idea, it would be super knightly, but a bit too straight up Knights Templar for me, know what I mean?! So I was looking for alternatives for tabard colours, trying slightly darker ones. Help and thoughts here would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Archived