CXXXVIII Company, XIII Legio and the 102nd Merican Infantry

Calgar 2.0

"X Battalion "The Hound's Teeth"

http://www.japanator.com/ul/28345-annotated-anime-spring-2013-week-2/Titan-620x.jpg

http://youtu.be/oE-0slF-vVg

Sergeant Decimus dashed between the small buildings, with his squad in tow. As he jumped, he occasionally stopped to throw a phosphex grenade into groups of traitor humans. Hours ago, contact had been lost with Macragge and Calth. Following this, THEY attacked. He couldn't hardly believe it. Fighting fellow legionnaires. Even, the damned Word Bearers. The attack was mostly being pushed by human warriors, mutated in most cases, however, he was hearing reports of Drop Pods falling in the mountains outside of Varangia, and mechanized units of the Astartes pushing through the gates surrounding the city. He was heading towards the southern gate with the rest of his squad, where they would see how well their weapons of mass destruction would function against their bastardized cousins. His vox sounded in his helmet.

"Attention, all 10th Battalion marines, the traitors are pushing through to the center of town. Converge on the main avenues of approach, and ambush the columns. All Merican Imperial Army troops, guard the evacuation centers for civilians, we'll deploy 2 demi-squads to each". Decimus continued his jump pattern. Behind him, Legionnaire Alexei fired his Missile Launcher into a building, releasing radiation, lethal to whatever happened to be in it. Even their cousins. Decimus stifled a cough, the result of the cancer he's endured for three decades. This is going to be a long day, he thought to himself as he finally reached the command post for the 1st Platoon of X Battalion.

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac207/calgar_20/20131025_161914_6_zpsc70bda0e.jpg
Decimus Squad, a XIII Legio Destroyer Squad. Quite a rare sight.

Alright, this blog's going to track the development of my Ultra's (and hopefully kick my butt into gear). I currently have this squad, as well as a Despoiler squad assembled. I hope to get more soon, what with the holidays on the way. More pics will be added on Wednesday.

Oh, don't worry. There shall be more!

Also, would anyone be willing to create a banner for my army, similar to what the In Memoriam thread guy have? sweat.gif

I like it mate. Interesting choice on Destroyers. Not something I'd expect the Legion to field.

Courage and Honor!

Thanks brother. It's an odd choice, I know, however, I see them as something the Legion would field. The fact that in one short story from Mark of Calth has an Arcology being blown up using stolen Ultramarine-marked nukes makes me think Guilliman allowed this stuff to be used. And the squad leader's marked anyway. tongue.png

• 2 months later...

"The Realization"

http://www.ww1westernfront.gov.au/bullecourt/bapaume/images/e00390.jpg

Civilian Defense Auxilia examine buildings after Word Bearers artillery strike

Rain fell in the streets of Varangia as the city burned. Buildings that resembled those of M2 Germania on Terra, collapsed, were all that remained in the southern sector of the city. Sergeant Decimus overlooked the nearby square, where once the civilians would buy their food, looking for the telltale scope flare from the enemy snipers. On this day alone, he had slain two dozen of them, all mortals. It was a particularly brutal day for the siege, as the Word Bearers has finally broken an area of the shield wall. Not even the Knight Titans that had deployed with the Mericans could hold them back, though he had heard of one taking down several Fellblades. He was still observing the square when he heard armoured footsteps approaching him.

"Marked One, report," said the armoured behemoth that was standing behind him. "Lieutenant Ainsly, there's only been a sniper every hour or so," he said. "They seem to only be using stub rifles in intermediate calibers. They aren't a bother." he finished. Lieutenant Ainsly was the commander of I Platoon, a massive Post-human slab that happened to have been reconstructed several times over the past century. Astartes may be powerful, however, direct hits from an ancient 60mm mortar could easily offset the protection of adamantium plate. The Lieutenant shifted, the servos in his arms and legs whining. "Excellent, this means we have to send you out hunting Marked One," said the officer...

Heresy era Ultramarines. Not nearly enough of those around.

Awesome stuff so far, man. You looking to go big, or keeping this army small?

I want to go big, but unfortunately, with the job climate, and with my problem of getting under 30 hours of work per week, it'll be a while. Also, just saying, your Iron Warriors are sort of an inspiration.

And thank Vazzy and Noserenda.

P3 Paints. Actually, most of it is. I'm going for a mostly dingy look for the Destroyers, so I primed them with the Army Painter Ultramarine Blue spray, paint the marked helmets of censure on them using Citadel Blood Reg over a P3 Midlund Flesh basecoat (works wonders) drybrush with Pig Iron, add any extra detailing, and go crazy with Army Painter Soft Tone and Dark Tone inks. After that, I drybrushed some Abbadon Black on the Shoulder pads, legs, and little bit on the helmets.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found a fitting bit of heraldry, considering the Knight is going to be piloted by someone from Merica, on Terra.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/COA_George_Washington.svg/220px-COA_George_Washington.svg.png

Cookie to whoever correctly guesses the owner.

Kinda reminds of some campaign stuff I've seen in Houston and Austin. 

It might be the heraldry of someone that was important to this country's history. A "Founding Father", one could say.

Hmmmmm I don't have a great knowledge of American history but I think I'll say, John Hancock????

Loving your thread brother keep up the work

Close. He was a great general......

And thanks!

Archived