Knights Errant, Dark Angels, Grey Knights Discussion

Speculation on who the last two Knight Errants are going to be was the original topic post in order to discover the totality of the group that is currently believed to eventually become the eight founders of the Grey Knights Chapter.

Speculation on who the last two Knight Errants are going to be was the original topic post in order to discover the totality of the group that is currently believed to eventually become the eight founders of the Grey Knights Chapter.

to add to this, its also about the relationship between the GK and the legions of the members of the KE (because of this belief stated above).

in regards to the bit about codex discussion. its fine to discuss it, but it was getting out of context. it was becoming a discussion of whether dexs of BL are true and not relating it back to the topic. so it was a problem.

also, when stating names on a pg of the thread. i would be very helpful for someone to say what legion or force they are from. let us remember that there are a ton of characters in HH and no one can remember all of them. thank you in advance.

i will say that the Alpha Legion is the only legion where death literally means nothing because of the nature of their ways.

Alpha Legion Captain, appears in Legion and The Serpent Beneath. He's dead, or at least as dead as anyone in the Alpha Legion can be.

They never found his body.

Not to mention that given the wacky Hydra hijinks in Legion and Serpent Beneath, it would (sadly) not stretch credibility at all to reveal that the guy last seen riding an asteroid into a sun was in fact someone else pretending to be Ranko pretending to be [spoilers] pretending to be [spoilers] because that's just how the 30k XX Legion rolls.

Alpha Legion Captain, appears in Legion and The Serpent Beneath. He's dead, or at least as dead as anyone in the Alpha Legion can be.

They never found his body.

Not to mention that given the wacky Hydra hijinks in Legion and Serpent Beneath, it would (sadly) not stretch credibility at all to reveal that the guy last seen riding an asteroid into a sun was in fact someone else pretending to be Ranko pretending to be [spoilers] pretending to be [spoilers] because that's just how the 30k XX Legion rolls.

IIRC they were fired into a sun? But yeah, like others have said and what I meant by my post, "death" doesn't mean much for the Alpha Legion.

Yeah, poor Epimetheus. But let's be honest, after reading the Black Legion supplement and getting through most of that novel who still thought it would all end well for him?..

Courtesy of Oiad. smile.png

S'alright. Just let anyone clear up some missing details for those that don't who still know, 'Mortarion's Heart' is gonna be an audio-drama, not a novel.

Obviously A D-B knows what Sevatar's ultimate fate will be.  Sevatar may very well not become Khyron, and it may be that such a fate was never in the cards.  All the same, I reserve the right to believe that he knew exactly what a lot of us would think after we read the description of Khyron's statue and its inscription.  ;)

i have to admit, the whole "lets give Abaddon frickin everything everywhere with which to crush the Imperium" deal gets really old down.gif

Yeah, doggone that Abaddon and his winning everything all the time.

Except for twelve unsuccessful Black Crusades, the loss of the Blackstone Fortresses and the (a?) Planet Killer in the Gothic War, and being humiliated by the Night Lords and the Blood Angels on Crythe, but what does that matter? Clearly this character is a plot armored Mary Sue of the highest order and needs humbling.

What should have happened is Draigo causing the entire Chaos fleet to explode with a disapproving glance, destroying Drach'yen and the Talon of Horus with one swing of his sword, and carving a haiku about how lame the Black Legion is on Abaddon's spleen.

i have to admit, the whole "lets give Abaddon frickin everything everywhere with which to crush the Imperium" deal gets really old down.gif

I think it's more than fair to say Abaddon gets the exact opposite reputation among most of the fandom, and considering the threat he really is, he's been portrayed fairly ineffectually for a long time now. What you're seeing now, across several sources, is the actual threat of the End Times getting his due.

I think it's more than fair to say Abaddon gets the exact opposite reputation among most of the fandom, and considering the threat he really is, he's been portrayed fairly ineffectually for a long time now. What you're seeing now, across several sources, is the actual threat of the End Times getting his due.

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

The other is your childhood friend who always used to top everything you'd say. The one when shot in a play fight always had a bulletproof vest.

The kind of tricky dicky who always played dynamite in Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Though my friend wasn't burdened with a topknot, so there is that.

Wonder what Abaddon's plans to stop the Tyranids is. One thing at a time I suppose. But with the End Times narrative, he could well end up reaching Terra and crushing it just in time to get eaten by the main body of the Nids.

My hope is that Abaddon is not just an avatar of utter destruction.  I would like it if, beyond the desire to end the Emperor and the Imperium once and for all, he also subscribed to the sentiments expressed in that old, old book, Storm of Iron:

“... he still believed in the dream of Horus, and the unification of Humanity under the terrible Powers of Chaos.”

“The only deaths likely this day were those of worthless prisoners, men who deserved to die anyway for their stubborn refusal to follow the only true path that could save mankind from the multifarious horrors of this universe.”

“Where else but in Chaos could humanity find the strength to resist the implacable advance of the tyranids, the barbarity of the orks or the nascent peril of the ancient star-gods that were even now awakening from their aeons-long slumbers? Only Chaos had the power to unite a fragmented race and defeat that which sought to destroy it. The soldiers of the corpse-god only speeded the ruination of that which they purported to defend by resisting Chaos.”

“United under the yoke of Chaos, humanity would be the stronger for its absence.”

Now, granted, we know how Abaddon feels about Horus himself... but does the rest sound incompatible with the Warmaster of Chaos?  Does his ambition end with the Imperium left in ruins and Mankind left defenseless in a hateful galaxy ruled by thirsting gods?

Wonder what Abaddon's plans to stop the Tyranids is. One thing at a time I suppose. But with the End Times narrative, he could well end up reaching Terra and crushing it just in time to get eaten by the main body of the Nids.

Well, I'd say he may arrive just in time to save Terra.

Tyranids hang around to eat stuff. I would say there's a possibility they stay away from the Eye of Terror just because it's a place where the materium and the immaterium merge pretty intensly. And maybe that's the kind of food Tyranids don't want, or can't stand.

Plus, I remember something like Nurgle Genestealers. Can't put a finger where that's coming from, but I'm almost positive it's a thing.

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

The other is your childhood friend who always used to top everything you'd say. The one when shot in a play fight always had a bulletproof vest.

The kind of tricky dicky who always played dynamite in Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Though my friend wasn't burdened with a topknot, so there is that.

If that was true, would we really have the Failbaddon meme? Would we have had it for over a decade? Mentioning his name anywhere will, within six seconds, summon a zombie horde of people saying "LOL thirteen losses LOL" and "Ten thousand years and still can't reach Terra".

Archived