3rd Annual Winter's Advance

MaveriK

LETS DO THIS!!

I R_P_R, vow to complete Wolf Priest Finvid for the Winter's Advance by February 28th 2014!!

And does anyone have any idea how I can get a hold of the past Winter advance tokens?? I at one time removed them (ooops) and would love to be able to display the few I earned. Thanks in advance!!

End of Line

which ones are you missing?

thanks brother!

I jimmy101, stout grey hunter of the Vlka Fenryka legion, vow to complete 5 wolf guard in power armour, 5 wolf guard in terminator armour, and 5 fenrisian wolves for the winters advance, pack expansion on or before the 28th of feb 2014.

this will be great motivation for me to finish up some bits and pieces I have about the place.

hmm personally I really like the older winters advance tokens sad.png

anyway I can get my hands on one of those?

Sorry friend, those tokens are more of a sentimental value and a mark of honor to those who participated in pack expansions in the past. I only know of one wolf brother who helped himself with a token LOL, but fear not I have spoken to Max.... there will be more in the future. I've even suggested to reuse a few with just a different color! I hope that helps.

You can count me in Mav, will be pledging my B&C GH pack just going to wait another few days to see if there are any more takers.

Btw if your still interested in arming up a PA GH drop a post, same goes for any other wolf brother on the forum.

I will pledge a Wolf Priest, Rune Priest , Wolf Lord, Wolf Guatd Battle Leader and a Razorback. I'm getting into the slow season at work and may be able to get some Grey Hunters done, that's rather ambitious for me though.

I Max Dammit Wolf priest of the Rout will be making a badge to honor my brothers in this pledge, and have the rune priests empower it with protective runes.

As for my own honor I will pledge my Forgeworld Dreadnought.

I Rylanor vow to complete the following for the 3rd Winters Advance in the name of Russ and the All Father:

1 x WL on TW Mount (wargear TBC)

10 x Fenrisian Wolves

2 x TW Cav (again wargear TBC)

I have been absent for a while and this will give me the inspiration I need for my beloved Wolves

Rylanor.

nice work taj! looking good!

that's twice you've stolen my thunder!

gallery_70574_8889_700305.jpg

got most of the work done on these guys, surprising how efficient I become when I don't leave my painting desk to check the b&C

gallery_70574_8889_270116.jpg

the secret to my success, blu tac and sprue lol always knew i'd find a use for it!

then abit more work done

gallery_70574_8889_161471.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_662360.jpg

wont show them again until they are finished, probably the night before due date, knowing me

for the AllFather

I've got 3 of 4 assembled with one primerd, waiting on bits to assemble the Wolf Lord. The WGBL Is magnetized & has other weapons that may get finished, thunder hammer, wolf claw & plasma pistol. My razorback is supposed to be upgradable to a Predator but I'm getting low on magnets at moment. Just realized I forgot to primer the side doors.

My word Jimmy you work fast but still keep the quality...I'm jelly.

Is that Citadel bronze paint you used?? Because I can never get it smooth and even.

Thats strange, I love the new metallics of citadel, there so much smoother than the old paints

I'm using Dwarf Bronze..Don't know if its the latest citadel bronze. I have a vellajo silver that i really like so I might invest in a few more metalic's from them.

Keep up the good work people!

Hey mate, sorry got distracted.

Its the new bronze hasnut copper.

The trick is to first basecoat scorched brown, then I like to do some quick highlights of beastial brown.

Then I lay the bronze over this.

The trick is to keep your paints thin with arcylic medium...

Then wash sepia, then devlan mud.

Then do chainmail highlights, the sepia adain to knock the chainmail back.

The smoothness come from multiple thin layers.

When I get home I can try explaining it a bit better!

Hope that helps!

Vallejo metals are great, I like to use the air ones, with my brush, just because I prefer working with thin paints.

Its essential not to thin Metallic's too much, it should flow from your brush, but not run anywhere its not supposed to...

And hopefully cover In one hit

Iv cleaned and assembled my dread, ready to prime

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3731/11357246583_0f71901427.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3703/11357786615_8e64c05b7f.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7447/11358276894_ba0d622f5f.jpg

Archived