3rd Annual Winter's Advance

MaveriK

I, Immersturm the Lone Wanderer, vow to complete the famed Captain Flynt, King of Bards, Bane of Heretics, Tamer of Beasts and Seducer of Women (my Logan Grimnar). I will be posting in a separate thread, as this is my most important project yet. The big man of my army himself.

Started a bit of painting for the first time in ages last weekend, but going to wait until after xmas to put in a proper pledge, as i want to see what santa may bring biggrin.png

sounds good, let me know once you have something in mind!

If it's not too late....

I, Kassill of the Vlka Fenryka, vow to complete 1x Rune Priest with Axe and Plasma Pistol for the Winter's Advance pack expansion by February 28th 2014.

it's a small vow I know, but I hope my contribution is appreciated. Good luck all, and keep up the good work!

Time to a little update. I realised, that I need at last 10 new wolves painted. So I've run to the nearest shop and do some buyings. So now, I'm painting not 5 but 10 fenrisian wolves. Its better for me to paint the whole pack in one time. And thanks to Winter's Advance, I need to find some time to do this msn-wink.gif

Ulric is based with mix of codex grey and shadow grey. Then I have voer him in 2-3 layers of nuln oil. So now his armor is black with natural grey highlights (not very visible in the picture.

Pelt on the Chooser of the Gnoblar is painted as the fenrisian wolves are.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfrr62yan0s5wlk/_DSC0002.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd725ky8nhmlq43/_DSC0004.JPG

great work everybody! i myself have been chipping away at everything at once

here are my wolf guard termies, wip first basecoats

gallery_70574_8889_751646.jpg

my fenrisian wolves, just details and bases to go

gallery_70574_8889_210786.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_301945.jpg

nearly finished the wolf guard, got their bases done, just power weapons to go

gallery_70574_8889_55268.jpg

got my rune priest finised, just eathering to go on him

gallery_70574_8889_857560.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_1546537.jpg

and here he is running with my wolf lord enjoying the hunt. been having a good time all round with my space wolves thoug havent been able to play as many games as i would like...

gallery_70574_8889_1290544.jpg

gallery_70574_8889_557148.jpg

merry christmas everyone!

Almost finished with my Rune Priest. After posting the pic of three of the units I was going to finish I realized I grabbed the wrong priest. This one is meant to go with some Mythicast Wulfen I have as Death Company stand ins. Is still a Rune Priest though. Should have been a different Rue Priest I'm intending to use with my Long Fangs. Maybe I'll get him done too. This one needs some clean up and the pelts and wolf tails finished. Need a steadier hand for painting runes, I'm rather shaky.

I'm having a hell of a time sculpting long hair onto my Wolf Priest... Three attempts, three fails. Anyone got a linky to a detailed how to??

Mav: I am missing the wolf tail, the red diamond gem , and the red rune tokens if you have access to them, I would thank you with Mjod and a hearty slap!!

Pics soon!!

End of Line

I PupLord, an oathbraker and lone wolf by choice, vow to make amends for breaking my oath to the ETL II by completing a portion of my earlier oath. I vow to complete a rune priest in TDA accompanied by a Wolf Guard pack (PA with combi-plasma and power fist, PA with combi-plasma and a power axe, TDA with combi-plasma and power axe, TDA with CML and TDA with combi-flamer and wolfclaw) for the Winters Advance no later than February 28th of imperial year 014.M3.

My this ease my shame and restore some of the honor lost. msn-wink.gif

Here's the starting point:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j224/schwartzland/WA3_start_zps650ab387.jpg

Sw terrain 02

Sw terrain 03

got one of the terrain parts ready for paint ... any suggestions on what color the wrecked rhino should be? ... 

Sw Obj markers01

and a quick brush on my objective markers ... need to spray them before painting .. but brushed to seal the sand / gravel in place better. 

got the second terrain part figured out ... should start cutting on it tonight to get it ready as well. 

Archived