3rd Annual Winter's Advance

MaveriK

Thanks.

I've tried to paint Ulric in classic colours (with yellow instead of any NMM or mettalic paints), but still matching to the rest of my army

About the grot, this is the Gnoblar Traper actually, from old Ogre Kingdoms (WFB). He fits nicely in the SW army :P.

It's just my luck I start working on my vows when I get distracted kit-bashing a Grey Hunter. At least it turned out really good. Fortunately I've still got tonight and all of tomorrow to complete my vow!

Awesome to see more oaths complete.

agreed! some great works here, helps me get motivated to finish mine.

UPDATED OP it's almost crunch time for allot of us!

I guess I should paint that cyber wolf then....

you can do it! only two days left (today included) to finish!

Thanks.

I've
tried to paint Ulric in classic colours (with yellow instead of any NMM
or mettalic paints), but still matching to the rest of my army

About the grot, this is the Gnoblar Traper actually, from old Ogre Kingdoms (WFB). He fits nicely in the SW army tongue.png.

You should swap out the base of that Gnoblar to a circle one, so it fits with 40K

At last, the little ones are in bed. Now some pizza and then I'm ready for the final round, see you later brothers and sisters...

"Hjoldá, I'm back, where's the rest of the pack?!"

Still some little things to do and clean up, pics aren't nice to me...

P1050158

P1050157

P1050133

P1050131

Winter's Advance

I hope you like.

Thanks.

I've tried to paint Ulric in classic colours (with yellow instead of any NMM or mettalic paints), but still matching to the rest of my army

About the grot, this is the Gnoblar Traper actually, from old Ogre Kingdoms (WFB). He fits nicely in the SW army tongue.png.

That's great. Up until I finally got my Servo-skull based and painted, I used my own "Grot of the Slain." Mine was the one from the Big Gunz crew that had the telescope - he seemed a fitting model for helping the Rune Priest pick out targets.

V

sadly, due to my wife having to have surgery after we found out she had early stages of cancer i was not able to finish mine ... i did get progress .. but not completed ... still trying to get back into the groove now that she is doing better and paint again. but my priorities shifted for a few months. 

I failed my pledge. Have no idea what I'm doing with the Razorback from here. Still need to paint pelts and tails. Still need company and pack markings. Thought I could finish tonight but have to get up earlier than normal for work tomorrow and am all ready way past time I should be asleep. Maybe painting over the next year will have me better prepared for next years winter advance. Up till this venture I had painted two figures. More practice is definetly needed

gallery_24878_5750_19367.jpg

Wow.... with only an hour left until midnight I finished my vow! not my greatest work as these pieces were harder to paint for me but good enough until I do future touch-ups.

Anyway, congratulations to those who have completed their vows. As for everybody else, it was a mighty effort! even if you came close, it got you motivated to start painting and that all that matters, especially for those who have had a hard time getting started or motivated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/zoogarama/IMG_42111_zpse7e70e84.jpg

It is 11:40 where I'm at, my hands are covered in primer and delay after delay this wolf has finally been brought to heel and is a member of the pack. Vow complete please Maverik tell me if I'm too late or not. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/zoogarama/IMG_42111_zpse7e70e84.jpg

It is 11:40 where I'm at, my hands are covered in primer and delay after delay this wolf has finally been brought to heel and is a member of the pack. Vow complete please Maverik tell me if I'm too late or not. sad.png

your good my friend! congratulations!

PENANCE CRUSADE VOW:

Vlkryl, Castellan Michael and those who came really close to finishing their vows. This is a first for the Winter's Advance, but I am willing to give you folks another chance to earn your prize and redeem your honor.

Please post your almost completed vows and give us/me a reasonable due date. I am only doing this in the spirit of our community/forum, here at B&C and the Fang. It is people like you, who help promote our hobby and our great chapter the Sons of Russ. I do this to honor those who are still here contributing within the forums and for those who have faded into memory.

My thanks to those who participated in making this pack expansion a success here in the Fang and for the community. Until next winter!

I posted what I'd completed so far. Should be able to finish my HQ band Sunday as I'll probably pass out when I get home from work today. Still not sure about the Razorback, will need to look around for some ideas for it.

Archived