What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Not only that, but did you see the points cost for their Rune Priests?

Base cost: 65

ML2: +25

Psychic Hood: +10

and their Rune Weapons come with Adamantium will. Can get a Thunderwolf mount (+1 STR, TGH, W, Atk, Rending option) for 50 points eek.gif

There new psychic power table is a revamp of their old one. If we do actually get one, it will be interesting to see how they will handle it (for example, what would be the point of casting Wings after the movement phase?).

Anyone hazard a guess at what our Tactical Objectives shall be?

Should probably add that Flak Missiles at +10, so we'll likely see that come over too.

I recently asked FW why we don't have access to any of the Dreads in IA 2 2nd ed (Chaplain, Contemptor etc.) and got the (frankly rubbish) reply that as we already had our own unique variants it was for internal game balance.

I hope 2014/15 comes with an FAQ that says our first founding chapter can actually use such venerable warriors because at present some 37th founding codex chapter currently has more access to Contemptors than we do.

I also hope that we do see our codex this year rather than next, the new GK rumours worry me a bit.

Wow, 

so, wolfies have been hit HARD with a meta-nerf-stick ....HUGE changes if the rumours pan out to be correct.  It seems Rhinos, Razors and Pods are listed under fast attack !!! 

Whether or not this means that certain units cannot get dedicated Rhinos/Razors/DPs as Troops..i dont know (i read that Pods are not available as Dedicated).

If you guys ave been playing maelstrom, then, thats the reason and it makes perfect sense.  BUT.....wow...thats such a huge change.  A little unfair considering SM have all the scoring Rhinos/Razors/Pods... but, ya...if BA go that way next O_O...its gonna be rough.  Gonna change things up HUGELY.

I did hear that those transports are listed under FA, but are also Dedicated Transport options for the respective units that previously had access to them. If true, I think the mentality is so that if you run Unbound, you can take the transport without having to pay the infantry tax first.

I recently asked FW why we don't have access to any of the Dreads in IA 2 2nd ed (Chaplain, Contemptor etc.) and got the (frankly rubbish) reply that as we already had our own unique variants it was for internal game balance.

I hope 2014/15 comes with an FAQ that says our first founding chapter can actually use such venerable warriors because at present some 37th founding codex chapter currently has more access to Contemptors than we do.

I also hope that we do see our codex this year rather than next, the new GK rumours worry me a bit.

For a while I've felt that we don't get much FW love by comparison to the other Chapters. Yes, we'll eventually get some 30k goodness, and I've never really wanted a huge amount of specifics, but being the only Chapter without a FW dreadnought generally smells a bit to me. Doesn't even need to have any special rules, just the opportunity to get some blinged-out resin would be nice..

Wow,

so, wolfies have been hit HARD with a meta-nerf-stick ....HUGE changes if the rumours pan out to be correct. It seems Rhinos, Razors and Pods are listed under fast attack !!!

Whether or not this means that certain units cannot get dedicated Rhinos/Razors/DPs as Troops..i dont know (i read that Pods are not available as Dedicated).

If you guys ave been playing maelstrom, then, thats the reason and it makes perfect sense. BUT.....wow...thats such a huge change. A little unfair considering SM have all the scoring Rhinos/Razors/Pods... but, ya...if BA go that way next O_O...its gonna be rough. Gonna change things up HUGELY.

I did hear that those transports are listed under FA, but are also Dedicated Transport options for the respective units that previously had access to them. If true, I think the mentality is so that if you run Unbound, you can take the transport without having to pay the infantry tax first.

Bit like orks and Trukks then. I think that's cool. I love Raz Backs with TLAC. Now I'm thinking of taking an army of just them!! Not really, but imagine; 18 Of those puppies in a 1500 or game!! Hmmm I've got 5, maybe another 5 and fill the rest of the points with long fangs.... Ooops tangenting!

Jolemai and marine7312000, which I find interesting as I believe IA 2 2nd ed. came out after IA Apocalypse (please, correct me if I'm wrong) and if they'd intended us to have access would simply have written it in. Do the rules in IA apoc stipulate that BA Contemptors are for use only in Apoc games?

More on topic,  it's good that Wolves got their own Psychic powers list again as it suggests we'll gets ours back (eventually and hopefully with wings).

Perhaps, but we could speculate all day as to why they did not. As for legality, the unit entry is stamped with Warhammer 40k meaning that the only obstacle in your way is your gaming group.

Does anyone see a way of getting an Orbital Bombardment into our Codex? At the moment, we can only get these via an Inquisitor, Damocles Command Rhino or allies.

Dante should have one. I mean should, really. Not just for being CM but for being CM of the chapter most likely to use an assault from orbit.

That's gonna be way harsh if SW get hit like that and there's no reason why we wouldn't too, but will SM get an FAQ to the same effect?

Regarding cheaper JP for IC, I hope our penguins get JP options: corbulo, tycho, heck why not mephy. Did they just forget how to use jump packs or something?

Does anyone see a way of getting an Orbital Bombardment into our Codex? At the moment, we can only get these via an Inquisitor, Damocles Command Rhino or allies.

Dante should have one. I mean should, really. Not just for being CM but for being CM of the chapter most likely to use an assault from orbit.

That's gonna be way harsh if SW get hit like that and there's no reason why we wouldn't too, but will SM get an FAQ to the same effect?

Regarding cheaper JP for IC, I hope our penguins get JP options: corbulo, tycho, heck why not mephy. Did they just forget how to use jump packs or something?

'Game balance'? It does seem daft that a regular Sang. Priest can strap a pack on or get on a bike, but Corbs has a phobia of moving more than 6" per turn unless he's in a  transport. All our generic IC's can take a bike, pack or terminator armour where our SCs, the Chapter's greatets warriors, have none of these options. It's the same for all codices SCs as far as I know and it is silly in all cases.

Cheers, Jolemai. TBH as a collector it's not that important to me, I just like what I build and paint to be broadly codex compliant and get irked when something really cool isn't.

I actually emailed FW about the contemptor in IA2V2 :

I have a question regarding the use of Contemptor Dreadnoughts by Blood Angels. In the new Imperial Armour 2, a friend informed me that Blood Angels do not access to the contemptor. However, in Apocalypse 2nd edition, they have access. Which book should be used for the most recent rules?

and got this response:

Thank you for your email. As the Blood Angels and Space Wolves Contemptors are quite distinct from the standard Contemptor Dreadnought their rules can be found In Imperial Armour Apocalypse.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

At this rate we'll rules for Heresy BA before we get 40k ones....

Dont even joke about that brother

Was furious after Forgeworld changed their original release schedule for the Heresy books (we used to be around release 4 / 5) ... Now were not even on the list yet with book 4 now looking to be a filler about Imperial Army / Legions already covered and Book 5 to begin Calth 

Why must we endure this torment

We must endure this to weed out the false followers of the Angel.  Anyone can be a Blood Angel under the good times, it takes dedication to stick with an army that gets knocked around as much as ours.  But we shall endure, and one way or the other, under the new codex we will be feared.

^  Its comments like this, and the support of the community that shatter any hopes of me starting a side-army project :P 

Whenever there is a tourney up and coming, i have an overwhelming urge to "show what the Angels can do" !!

I've the SW codex, Drop pods are fast attack but they're also dedicated for several units (as razors and rhinos). Basically, there's no "dedicated transports" page, everything has a category and can be bought separately. It's not a nerf, it's a drop pods for any battle brother that want to use them :)  Can hold up to 10 miniatures or a dreadnought. Meaning I guess that 3 centurions in a drop pod with tigurius is now legal with SW allies (or UMs allied to SW). Or AM veterans, or an inquisitor and retinue...

As for everything else, even if some options are missing, from a competitive point of view, they are definitely better off with this new codex...TWC are now a lot cheaper and make all attacks rending. Rune priests can't have TW though :) All *Claw options became cheaper and have neat options. 5 skyclaws can take 2xMGs :O (only BS3 though)

What they have lost is as orks, FOC swapping (like what dante does for sanguinary guards). I think GW is trying to push those things to unbound. So no longer terminators or wolves as troops.

I'll have to go find a link to it, but I've made a table to capture gains versus losses in the new SW dex. To summarize the results, we lost 7-8 things, but gained about 25 new advantages including lower prices for most units across the board. Overall, we are now in a much better position now than with the 5e dex, and I expect the Blood Angels will be, too, when your turn comes.

Yeah, Lords of War Gaming, who correctly predicted the release of 7th Edition, Orks, and Space Wolves had predicted Grey Knights as next many months ago. Doesn't surprise me at all that they had this additional leak.

Think so.

But look on the bright side: That means they could playtest with two Space Marine armies, meaning we'll get a better codex.

And Grey Knights only get a new codex, so probably causes a 1/2 week delay.

I expect the release to be: Space Wolves, Grey Knight, Dark Eldar, Blood Angels, Necrons.

That would probably be an October release for Blood Angels, which means I have to save up a :cussload of money as my two armies are Blood Angels and Necrons.

Having spent time today with the new SW dex I'm going to slip and use that for a couple of count as games dry.png

The new bloodclaws, skyclaws and grey hunters are pretty much exactly how I'd like my flesh tearers to play. The new wolf guards are also amazingly fun and customizable, very much like the veteran assault marines we lost.

I really like the freedom you have with your infantry models in the new SW dex. Technically we have one of the most diverse troops sections in the entire game, but in practice a lot of the options are almost unplayable (5 man tac squads, JP DC) or lock you into a very specific playstyle.

I don't codex hop all the time like some players, but I also don't enjoy having a large part of my model collection gathering dust on the shelves for an entire edition or two. smile.png

EDIT: To put it in perspective BA now pay a 50-90% mark up on similar units with less options and USRs.

Archived