What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Nice! Now if you can get an Orc player to fight against and somehow get Dante and vulkan (or a proxy salamander chapter master) fighting side by side! Awesome.

Bonus points if they rout the army. Pictures mandatory ;)

Nice! Now if you can get an Orc player to fight against and somehow get Dante and vulkan (or a proxy salamander chapter master) fighting side by side! Awesome.

Bonus points if they rout the army. Pictures mandatory msn-wink.gif

My buddy runs the GW in my area and he plays orks, so that chances are looking good. As for the salamanders, I don't have any models that I can use for them just yet as the BA are my main focus, creeping up in the 10k+ points. I don't even own any land raiders... :P

If the starter set is true, I could be acquiring some nice models in the future, as I think I am the only one that really plays the BA in my area. I foresee a lot of trading to get my hands on some nice models :D

Haha, one of my friends has far to much money and will be picking up a starter set for the orcs, I've said if we both pick one up then double the fun. We did much the same with the 'Island of Blood' starter. Can't wait! Especially if they do the sculpted models for BA like in Dark Vengence.

2014 will bring nerfed Frag Cannons.  According to the new rumors of wound allocation, wounds are allocated from individually from groups of weapons.  So now, template weapons can only kill what is in range.  It unfortunately makes sense, oh well.

2014 will bring nerfed Frag Cannons.  According to the new rumors of wound allocation, wounds are allocated from individually from groups of weapons.  So now, template weapons can only kill what is in range.  It unfortunately makes sense, oh well.

Ignore cover is also only a -2 modifier. Not good for when you roll those rends.

But buffed blood tallons might make up for it? Not if still no cc out of drop pod :-(

Why would they buff the talons? Expect a heavy nerf to make them near useless compared to the fists. 

I thought you meant the talons specifically.

It's definitely a buff, but with better over watch and enemies with krak grenades you probably won't survive more than 1 combat anyway.

Against units not being able to glance/pen AV12 things can get really messy biggrin.png

thinking about how units are laid out i can't see it making much difference tbh, there is always some to the left and right of the template you law down for the best coverage, so extra wounds will come out of those models as they're still in range, if it had torrent I could see it as a nerf but as it is unless you had a opponent specifically lining up to give you the best coverage situation i your games then I can't see it being much or a reduced pool following the changes realistically. there was always going to be models "in range" that weren't under the template.

I thought you meant the talons specifically.

It's definitely a buff, but with better over watch and enemies with krak grenades you probably won't survive more than 1 combat anyway.

Against units not being able to glance/pen AV12 things can get really messy biggrin.png

i can't see overwatch being too bad, dc dreads ignore crew stunned and shaken results after all and you only get the one grenade through shooting so they'd have to be very lucky especially with the proposed changes to the vehicle damage chart (7 to explode) it's going to be MEQ close combat versus Krak thats the real risk as always. dreads should get hammer of wrath :? makes little sense to me that mcs get it and dreads don't, thin the heard with an I10 attack or two before snipping away.

Dreads should get cover saves the same as MCs do too. A wraithknight with so much as its little toe in area terrain gets the benefit of the cover save, whilst dreads have to be obscured. It's almost funny.

Call me crazy, but I am hoping the Sanguinor becomes a LoW akin to the Necron C'tan.  I think it would certainly showcase his fluff of arriving when the circumstances are dire and all hope is lost (think how small the rest of your army will be in comparison).  The avenging angel comes...

I can't believe it took so long for this to occur to me, but about that rumor about the alternate weapon setup for the Baal predator... I think I've got a guess for what it is.

Baals like to get up close and personal. We've already got number 1 and number 2 of the holy trinity of close ranged weapons - the assault cannon and the flamer - so what is missing?

The melta.

What if GW is releasing a Baal upgrade kit that gives us the option for some kind of giant melta up-top - maybe the small blast kind? - and multi-melta sponsons.

That would be... pretty cool.

I can't believe it took so long for this to occur to me, but about that rumor about the alternate weapon setup for the Baal predator... I think I've got a guess for what it is.

Baals like to get up close and personal. We've already got number 1 and number 2 of the holy trinity of close ranged weapons - the assault cannon and the flamer - so what is missing?

The melta.

What if GW is releasing a Baal upgrade kit that gives us the option for some kind of giant melta up-top - maybe the small blast kind? - and multi-melta sponsons.

That would be... pretty cool.

You mean like the one forge world already has? Not impossible I guess. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a FW kit crosses over.

Some people actually have the book now, it is confirmed that consolidating into combat is not included.  Still waiting to hear if there are any confirmed changes that help out assault armies a bit.

I haven't seen anything that really helps assault armies maybe the overkill attacks from a challenge spill into the normal combat and also the overkill in the normal kill spills into the challenge.

Charging through difficult terrain is now a -2 modifier only

The other thing could help us with these new tactical objectives our mobility may be even more key to us winning

I haven't seen anything that really helps assault armies maybe the overkill attacks from a challenge spill into the normal combat and also the overkill in the normal kill spills into the challenge.

Charging through difficult terrain is now a -2 modifier only

The other thing could help us with these new tactical objectives our mobility may be even more key to us winning

That seems to be about it. I hadn't noticed anything else that would be a noteworthy benefit to assault-based armies.

Had my first test game last night: Psyk phase draws the game out a bit, May get better once more familiar with it. Bit confusing about how our librarians operate. We need a dex or FAQ quick! But I guess a librarian now only generates one power and gets primaris too? Epostalries seem the way forward... More expense!

Jump packs were great for getting all the tactical objectives, but it's down to the luck of the draw as what you're trying to achieve. And rolling charge through cover with 3 dice is now auto, taking 2 away is weird.

Archived