What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

Vanilla assaulters don't get grav guns though. I kind of doubt BA assaulters will, it doesn't fit the usual fire/melta theme, and it's not an assault weapon. Tacs getting grav doesn't imply centurions, but since BA are supposed to be an almost dex chapter after all, getting access to most of the current vanilla armory is a reasonable expectation, maybe with some equipment variations. I'd rather get stormtalons and thundefire cannons if I get to choose though smile.png

Neither do Vanilla assault marines get melta or plasma guns.

I do think this means that we will get Grav, though. They cant put stuff in a box that we cannot use at all.

I assume you mean "can"? 

There's always been an option or two missing, but has it ever been the case that you couldn't use a bit you got on a sprue? I doubt they'll cut off the grav or make a new sprue since it's just a re-pack. 

In simplest terms, and considering that GW is all about driving sales (with varying degrees of success dry.png ), putting Grav in BA Tac box means the Codex will probably support their use as well. Excluding the 2nd-hand market, which GW can't control, it's logical for them to do this to try and eke out additional revenue from a range.

BA can use Grav - Grav is in the new kit - (in theory) GW generates more money...

I do think this means that we will get Grav, though. They cant put stuff in a box that we cannot use at all.

I assume you mean "can"? 

There's always been an option or two missing, but has it ever been the case that you couldn't use a bit you got on a sprue? I doubt they'll cut off the grav or make a new sprue since it's just a re-pack. 

I don't get your angle, what you say agrees with my point.

Army list entries may have options that are not in the boxes, but I cannot think of an instance where the box contents were not allowed by the army list entries (barring silly examples like I cant put a plasma, melta flamer and grav in my tac squad simultaneously).

As there is a grav in the new tactical box, which is used for BA, then I think we will be getting Grav.

He better have some freaking awesome rules as Captain of the First Company!

Yeah, but even if he does... is it worth it to buy the box to get him? I could spend $5 on eBay and have all the bits I need to bash together my own version... and probably like it even more! And that's not assuming I'm willing to spend more like $15 to do something really unique, like put him in relic 30k-era terminator armor.

The point is that even if he's awesome, it doesn't change the fact that his sculpt is just ok and I can do better and the rest of what's in the box is terminators (which I don't need), death company (which I need, but not badly), and another dreadnought (which I want, but don't need). Worth scraping together that much money at once, during the holiday season when I'm already tight on cash, for a non-discount? No.

Yeah, but even if he does... is it worth it to buy the box to get him...No.

Well. That's your opinion.

I see £96 worth of Blood Angels models for £75, with a free Tyranid army and rulebook.

I already have 57 terminators. Why not go for the full company? I lack Assault terminators, though, so I may try and pick up an assault set to arm these guys.

When I look at the model, I also see removal of the storm bolter, taking the grail from his back and putting it in his now empty hand. TDA priest.

On another note, we have learned the insignia of the first company, a red cross on yellow field.

Here's some more pics from the new White Dwarf. I can barely make out what's on the White Dwarf page, but it says something about the Blood Angels looking for a cure for the Red Thirst.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FOObAbeh4vw/VHOkTV7fZbI/AAAAAAAABI4/GoZU0v-LJb0/s1600/BoxedSetContents.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hPLGyXNRJIo/VHOmz0mJSWI/AAAAAAAABJE/t6f4s7BpWH0/s1600/DeathStormSpread.jpg

I assume you mean "can"? 

We're definitely using the newer Tactical Marine kit. Here's a pic of them painted up. This is from the back of the Dark Eldar Painting Guide. Can't spot any grav or heavy flamers though...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VsEDsLFmoTk/VHOomze6ivI/AAAAAAAABJY/TkFPJ0-sV_c/s1600/BloodAngelTacticalSquad.jpg

Im with xenith. Ill prolly sell the termis and the nids and that means at least getting the box price back. Specially if you get it from an independent seller with discount...so mini rulebook, dc squad and dc dread for free. Voila:)

Hm. That's an interesting possibility...

Archived