What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

1. Karlaen carries a storm bolter in his left hand, a powerful, fully automatic weapon with a targeter that feeds critical data directly into his bionic eye.

Anyone else thinks there's something ridiculously stupid with this concept?

Nope. It;s been around in 40k for over a decade. How do you think the old devastators could aim precisely with shoulder mounted lascannons etc. Marines have a aim feed to their lenses from their bolters, dark reapers can see through the barrels of their cannons.

It's not uncommon for a marine to have a bionic cover for their eye, even if their eye is fine, just so they can get additional tactical information.

1. Karlaen carries a storm bolter in his left hand, a powerful, fully automatic weapon with a targeter that feeds critical data directly into his bionic eye.

Nope. Don't see how getting tactical data on stuff like distance, wind speed, etc. is a dumb concept. Fighter pilots get the same data through a heads up display.

Now if you want to discuss the merits of carrying a Stormbolter instead of a Stormshield (or even better yet a grav-pistol) then I'm on your side.

I agree that its handy to have various information at your disposal, I simply think its stupid he's not wearing a helmet that can link to his weapon and provide the same information without exposing his head to everything. Thinking about it more and more, I am undecided on whether I want to pick this up.

I agree that its handy to have various information at your disposal, I simply think its stupid he's not wearing a helmet that can link to his weapon and provide the same information without exposing his head to everything. Thinking about it more and more, I am undecided on whether I want to pick this up.

Ah, I see what you are saying. Yeah, on that I agree. No Space Marine has a fluff reason to ever go helmetless.

I was on the fence, but I can use the rulebook, a Furioso Librarian Dreadnought, and I can always use more Death Company bitz.

That assumes we get the full Furioso kit and not just the parts for a Death Company Dreadnought...

It's the full kit. They would have to recut the sprue to remove the other options. And I'm pretty sure I read in the leaked White Dwarf pages that it contains all the options.

I simply think its stupid he's not wearing a helmet that can link to his weapon and provide the same information without exposing his head to everything. 

Bionics and helmets are not mutually exclusive.

Or... why doesn't the bionic do it in the first place?

I'm sure the bionic eye does a lot of things, but perhaps the targeter can complement that data or has different capabilities?

There's only 2 sprues in the furioso kit, with all the bits for the 3 variants mixed in both sprues. Both sprues are needed to build any single dread. Having only the DC variant bits would mean new sprues, wouldn't it? (or having the current ones cut to leave out the remaining bits). Not saying it's imposible, but it feels like too much of a hassle for a limited run.

Edit: Ninja'd several times:)...damn you guys are fast!

That assumes we get the full Furioso kit and not just the parts for a Death Company Dreadnought...

These boxes are just a collection of regular sprues. DC parts are not on a separate sprue compared to the furioso or lib parts.

It's the full kit. They would have to recut the sprue to remove the other options. And I'm pretty sure I read in the leaked White Dwarf pages that it contains all the options.

Makes it more appealing then :)

Do I really need the TDA version of the Ainsley Harriot BA marine though?

Sorry. I'd just like our Captains to be worth taking. That's all.

Ah, I see what you are saying. Yeah, on that I agree. No Space Marine has a fluff reason to ever go helmetless.

Well no one except the space puppies. They have fluff that their natural senses are indeed better than the sensors of the helmet. And they have problems stuffing all that hair under the helmet.

There's nothing wrong with carrying any kind of weapon in 40K when you consider people would rather try to bash/slash/stab each other with  medieval weapons rather than shoot each other from miles away with high tech weapons like lascannons.

Glory can only be won in fierce close combat, where the weapon skill and might of a warrior decide the outturn of the battle. ;)

While I think the Captain doesn't look too bad now that we've got more angles on him, I still think he's a lazy mash-up between gideon and lorenzo. Cut the two in half, glue upper body and legs together and there you go. Kinda. A bit more creativity, GW, please and thank you.

Snorri

I rarely used them so I am not that sad although turning them into better powerfists makes dread powerfists a bit redundant. If they are still an option on furiosoes of course. I'm more worried about frag cannons.

They probably got a price hike compared to the fists? Watch frag cannons lose rend and 2 shots.

Yes... the nerf hammer, doesn't even hurt the skin but strikes directly at your soul. 

I rarely used them so I am not that sad although turning them into better powerfists makes dread powerfists a bit redundant. If they are still an option on furiosoes of course. I'm more worried about frag cannons.

They probably got a price hike compared to the fists? Watch frag cannons lose rend and 2 shots.

Yes... the nerf hammer, doesn't even hurt the skin but strikes directly at your soul. 

Thats the thing though. If the price is higher, I am not going to take the blood talons since a str10 weapon is going to wound %99 of things on a 2+ anyway. And 1 in 6 chance of failing to wound is a risk I am willing to take instead of paying 10 points for an upgrade. 

If they give frag cannons torrent than It might not be so bad. Make it heavy 1 I don't care. 

If they give frag cannons torrent than It might not be so bad. Make it heavy 1 I don't care. 

Giving the frag cannon torrent is extremely counter intuitive since it's basically a giant shotgun/flechette cannon.

Also it's a well known fact that when you have a 2+ to wound you roll at least 33% ones.

Giving the frag cannon torrent is extremely counter intuitive since it's basically a giant shotgun/flechette cannon.

Not to say that your point is without merit, but the counterargument is pretty obvious - dreadnoughts are much more mobile than tanks, with arms on articulated mounts, so it makes sense to give them a little more "play" with template weapons than a dude with a flamethrower has.

Also it's a well known fact that when you have a 2+ to wound you roll at least 33% ones.

We will see in about a week I guess.

And I am king at 2+ rolls. It's a shame that I suck at rolling 3+.

Well we have 32mm bases on the DC assault marines. It has been confirmed via spikeybitsblog Feast your eyes on what appears to be a 32mm round base under those Death Company marines! If memory serves me correctly 32mm is also the same size as the small flying base as well.

From Bell of lost souls article. What do guys think this means for Assault Marines in general?

Archived