What 2014 will bring

Theduke08

I'm confused on the dates. BOLS said this was for next week (week of 11/23/2014) but when I called around to local stores (I live in the US) they said it was not on their list of incoming shipments for Friday 11/28. All they had was the warhammer fantasy Khaine end times stuff (but I *thought* that delivery date rumor was for last week). I also don't see it on the GW online store site.

So is the US one week in arrears?

I am trying to avoid the whole "sold out in 15secs" thing. 

Rumors of new tactical box with heavy flamers and maybe Grav weapons. Its on Faeit 212.

Could it be the "blood brothers" there were rumors of? Or maybe it is tacticals with upgraded weapons. Probably just BS..but cool nonetheless.

Rumors of new tactical box with heavy flamers and maybe Grav weapons. Its on Faeit 212.

Could it be the "blood brothers" there were rumors of? Or maybe it is tacticals with upgraded weapons. Probably just BS..but cool nonetheless.

Maybe it's not a heavy flamer and a grav gun but................. Frag cannon and frag gun? (Ok wish listing I know I'm sorry)

If this rumor is true we have to assume that this person had a reason to believe he was looking at tacticals and not sternguard, otherwise he would have just assumed that it was sternguard. 

Either way it suggest some new and improved weapon options for our tacticals. 

If (and that's a big if) we get an option of having a Heavy Flamer with our Tactical Squads then the synergy that brings with Drop Pods and our Fast moving force would be exceptional. Not going to get worked up over this rumour but wow...

Heavy flamers in tac squads would be nice... but it doesn't really cover a problem area for BA, does it? We struggle with multiple flyers, monstrous creatures and vehicles with good cover. Heavy flamers won't make much of a difference.  Fun, but not a fix. 

What Codex written for the seventh edition doesn't have a bad matchup? What a Heavy Flamer would show is that our close range aspect is not only intact but enhanced with useful tools and besides, other than Flak missiles (which shouldn't be on Tacticals anyway), there is nothing they could have that would answer your concerns anyway.

The pessimist in me says that it depends if they need to sell more Tactical boxes or not...

That aside, our Tacticals are the same as Codex Tacticals bar our verision of Chapter Tactics so I would expect similar setup (which I've said before).

That's grav confimed, hardly nothing msn-wink.gif

HF could still be an option outside of sterguard and terminators, I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Can vanilla marines take 2 grav-guns per squad or just 1?

One regular and one combi or pistol for tacticals.

The possibility of double grav on assault squads intrigues me.

That's grav confimed, hardly nothing msn-wink.gif

HF could still be an option outside of sterguard and terminators, I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.

Can vanilla marines take 2 grav-guns per squad or just 1?

One regular and one combi or pistol for tacticals.

The possibility of double grav on assault squads intrigues me.

That's what I was thinking! :tu:

Obviously. As they did with Grey Knights before.

"Grey Knight Venerable Dreadnought/Stormraven etc"

I do think this means that we will get Grav, though. They cant put stuff in a box that we cannot use at all.

If we get Tactical Grav...would this mean we get Centurians?

If we get Tactical Grav...would this mean we get Centurians?

I'd like to think not. Whilst there is cross-over in the Marine books, Centurions for me just don't feel IX Legion. I actually don't mind the models and I've seen some painted up as Blood Angels (and I've also seen them tear through my Marines at times), but if we were to get "generic" stuff I'd prefer to see general Grav and the Talon. Everything else should be off-limits.

Vanilla assaulters don't get grav guns though. I kind of doubt BA assaulters will, it doesn't fit the usual fire/melta theme, and it's not an assault weapon. Tacs getting grav doesn't imply centurions, but since BA are supposed to be an almost dex chapter after all, getting access to most of the current vanilla armory is a reasonable expectation, maybe with some equipment variations. I'd rather get stormtalons and  thundefire cannons if I get to choose though :)

Archived