++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

i've been tinkering with the FW meteor hammer parts a bit and after some hours of blue tacking, i came to the conclusion that a meteor hammer isn't the night lords' style. so i invented the nostraman answer to it:

i proudly present the Nostraman Chain Whip (or maybe teeth whip:biggrin.:)

gallery_54817_5140_427839.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_860379.jpg

i hope you guys and gals like it :wink.:

Edited by Wicced

That could be soooo painful if you timed the swing wrong! Its just a bloomin shame the WE arms are unarmoured, coz I love the weapon just not the naked arms. Could lead to black knight like situations

yeah of course, i had the black knight idea too,  but i think a space marine should have sufficient skill to use it safely, after all, there's people juggling chainsaws in our world without loosing body parts all too often:biggrin.: 

Another of your chain weapon specials I like are the tonfa/night stick style, considering borrowing that to represent a chainglaive!

thanks mate, borrow away! :wink:

Alas I have 1500 points built and only a 1x Drop Pod/Termite 5x Raptors and a Praetor Painted out of it, still 3x 8 man Terror Squads 2x Drop Pod/Termites a Dark Talon and a Whirlwind to paint.

But ive got 11 Terminators on the go and other projects that distract me from painting, if only I liked painting as much as I do converting.

Not bad! On my bench I have:

Sevatar (when he arrives)

Duke of Blades (when the spare Sev arrives)

Konrad

Sicaran Venator

Contemptor

Fire Raptor

15 Legion Tactical Marines

Land Raider Achilles

Heavy Support Squad w/ Lascannons

Heavy Support Squad w/ Volkite Culverins

10 Night Raptors

Whirlwind Scorpius

Ok bit more than 2k there.

I wish I had the same passion/dedication/talent for painting as I do for writing....

Hi all,

I haven't been on this board for a couple of years, and have missed the development of the Night Lord community.

Couple of really inspiring threads happening that Im slowly working my way through - thought I would add my warband to the mix:

Chaos Lord Oleksandr Diabolun - Duke of Halonia, Lord Commander of IV Cohort, VIII Legionne Astartes, 'The Tyrant of Carparthia', 'The Shadow Stalker', 'The Infanticidal'

http://users.tpg.com.au/neopoleon/NL/NL1.jpg

Ive got nearly 10,000 points at that standard (the Kurze Im working on just about gets me there).

The fluff and names predate Soul Hunter by over twelve months, so were created when there was the Index Astartes article, Lord of the Night and not much else - so there's not alignment with company numbers etc.

I have a Biker army as well, led by this guy:

Lord Nero Maytheron (counts as Kor'sarro Khan) - Captain of the XVIII Company, VIII Legionne Astartes, "The Harbinger of Fear", "The Death Rider", "The Oppressor of Sendrad"

http://users.tpg.com.au/neopoleon/NL/49.JPG

Theyre both pleased to eat you (r gene seed)...

man these are class and inspiring.makes me wanna do the painting I Need to do. lots of WIP fihures to do here

Hail brothers and sister!!

As i have finally started my WIP i can now officially throw my flaying knife into the circle:

I Cormag Wyvernbane emissary to Malcharion, captain of the 10th as named warsage by the Haunter himself do bid our entree to this den of murderers and heretics.

For the Nighthaunter we stand in Midnight Clad!

and link to WIP :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302863-x-company-viii-legion-wyvs-wip/

fourthed:biggrin.:  all the oldschool GW heads are good for is cutting the wings to use as decoration, personally i like putting them on back- and jumppacks. The Forgeworld heads are fantastic and you've got 2 sets to choose from :tu:

and before anyone asks: " but what about the shoulder pads?" they're not much different in my opinion, so it's the heads that decide the argument for me.

@Augustus - thanks - as requested http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302998-night-lords-of-the-4th-cohort/

@Wicced - yes, I did - turns out it was nearly 4 years ago - time flies... the photos got lost from their URLs when I shifted ISPs. Nice to have them back up.

@Flint - Thanks - that's exactly the look I was going for. Didn't have much reference material when I did them, so I wanted the blue of their armour to look like it drank the light around them, and for the models in general to have a feral feel... 

@oxskull - thanks for the kind words - hope they help you to get painting!

dunno if this has been discussed before, but i need some input for my upcoming fluff. what ship or ships do your companies/warbands use?

for my Screams of Despair i  was thinking about a black ship captured during the heresy or the cruiser with the perfect name, the Murder-Class :wink:

I don't if you've had the same idea, but something that would go perfect with your warband name and the black ship would be that your warband routinely captures psykers and drives them insane with the screams of those who were imprisoned before them and they attack a heavily fortified world or are boarded, they use the insane psykers as suicide bombers to break open defenses or follow the boarders back onto the ship before dying with it.

Just a thought. ;)

That's a 

DUUUDE you have some awesome stuff. Seriously everyone in this thread should go check it out.

dunno if this has been discussed before, but i need some input for my upcoming fluff. what ship or ships do your companies/warbands use?

My fluff is pretty extensive on this part. I see my company not as a scavenging warband, but actually as a flotilla of VIII legion ships that have tag-along ships from other legions (like my recent XII Legion additions) and even captured Imperial military and merchant ships. My Plague Marines, for example, have been banished to a mercantile carrier that is still part of the fleet, but acts as a quarantine to the legionaries. The commander of the entire flotilla, Contemptor Captain Tol Zahqael is quite adamant that his force remain pure, but also doesn't want to loose the men who do become corrupted. And Corruption has begun to spread more rapidly over the last couple of conflicts - which could be spread out over decades, but also over millennia. Some ships have chronometers that register the 40th millennium, while Tol Zhaqael's ship only register about 500 years past Tsagualsa. :tu:

I don't if you've had the same idea, but something that would go perfect with your warband name and the black ship would be that your warband routinely captures psykers and drives them insane with the screams of those who were imprisoned before them and they attack a heavily fortified world or are boarded, they use the insane psykers as suicide bombers to break open defenses or follow the boarders back onto the ship before dying with it.

Just a thought. :wink:

i was thinking along those lines indeed. kinda like a psychic scream generator. now i just need a sorcerer to mind all those pesky captured psykers:biggrin.: and maybe a converted rhino or other vehicle as "scream container" kinda like a moving iron maiden...

My fluff is pretty extensive on this part. I see my company not as a scavenging warband, but actually as a flotilla of VIII legion ships that have tag-along ships from other legions (like my recent XII Legion additions) and even captured Imperial military and merchant ships. My Plague Marines, for example, have been banished to a mercantile carrier that is still part of the fleet, but acts as a quarantine to the legionaries. The commander of the entire flotilla, Contemptor Captain Tol Zahqael is quite adamant that his force remain pure, but also doesn't want to loose the men who do become corrupted. And Corruption has begun to spread more rapidly over the last couple of conflicts - which could be spread out over decades, but also over millennia. Some ships have chronometers that register the 40th millennium, while Tol Zhaqael's ship only register about 500 years past Tsagualsa. :thumbsup:

sounds good mate, do you have specifics about ships classes?

Edited by Wicced

HH Vol III Extermination has a fantastic breakdown of the ships that were available to the Legions or you could go creative and create something new, either bases on what's out there or something fashioned from the warp, it's pretty much open season. I went for the former with  my Malice class battle barge, The Murderer in the Gloom