The Lost and Forgotten: Building the II Legion

Athrawes

Very nice models, especially the one with the antlers. I think though you should turn the sheathed wakizashi and katana sheath a bit so that the open end of the sheath is at least as high as the closed end.

BTW those are puppetswar daisho, right?

Praxis

The Praxis are the remnants of the traditional Librarius Division within the II Legion. Before being reunited with Icarion, many Terran Legionaries whose psychic gifts were awakened upon receiving his geneseed chose to hone their powers and wield their arts in the pursuance of the Emperors Great Crusade. Whether Telekines, Biomancers, Pyroclasts or Telepaths, all aspects of the psychic art were pursued by the Gifted of the II Legion. Many of these warriors found secret kinship with the XV Legionnaires who would come to be knows as the Thousand Sons and as fellow psykers gifted with taboo powers. Upon being reunited with their primarch and introduced to the culture of Madrigal, many Terran Librarians choose to focus their psychic gifts toward the preferred arts of Divination; as the reckless use of other psychic powers was looked down upon by the mystic sages of Madrigal. Many chose to enroll in and study the arts of their primarch by seeking out and joining those Celestial Orders whose path suited them best.

Many, but far from most Terrans chose another path. Suddenly confronted with a culture and a father that viewed their gifts as dangerous and unwise, they clung to the brotherhood they had forged in pursuit of psychic disciplines and became a core of resistance to the changes being enacted upon their legion.

When Magnus pushed for the official formation of Legion Librarius Divisions, the Praxis (as they had come to known) argued in it’s favor, eventually swaying Icarion to side with his brothers Sanguinius, and The Khan for a moderate approach to Magnus the Reds Librarius.

For all of the ingrained distrust of the core psychic disciplines on Madrigal, Icarion aloof and wise saw the use of allowing his sons the freedom to explore their gifts. To this end, upon the creation of the Legion Librarius, Icarion allowed the formal recognition of the Praxis as a Celestial Order, and they were subsequently given grounds within the Astral College.

While membership within the Praxis was largely made up of Terrans, in more recent years there had been a growing number of aspirants from Madrigal who sought to push the boundaries of their psychic gifts and pursue the arts of Pyromancy, Biomancy, Telepathy and Telekinesis .

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/81485619-D52A-440A-B75D-74E4437F7F18.jpg?t=1425420853

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/2B56BC92-1203-48BB-BED0-1DCF2335DE3D.jpg?t=1425420822

(WIP Lightning Bearers Consul)

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/CE438D99-7821-4509-8D7C-18ADB8E099E7.jpg?t=1425420919

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/0F2C8FB6-5FD8-4F1A-AAA7-78730004B652_1.jpg?t=1425420987

(WIP Assault Sergeant) 

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/3BAAF166-B8CF-47B3-AB43-3149B48AF532_1.jpg

(WIP Volta Deredeo Dreadnoughts)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm back from my business trip in Hong Kong and that means an update! 

Unfortunately this isn't the update that I alluded to in my last post involving Psi-Titan hints, and the correct answer hasn't been guessed yet so the cookie is still up for grabs.

Above are some very WIP miniatures, the Dreadnoughts in particular will receive a lot more love. And the sergeant is the first of another 5 assault marines to round my squad out to 15. Also the two Asartes shown above are the first of a large undertaking to rebase my army with the new 32mm bases so, as tedious as it will be, that's happening.

Finally, I have another lovely update from ColdWinter and The Forge Masters:

A Volta Terminator!

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/Marines.jpg?t=1425421642

AHHHH...WEEE...SOOOOOOOMEE!! Dude!! WOW

Black Dragons

For those who commit themselves to the Volta, sacrifice comes naturally. Nowhere is this more apparent than their willingness to forfeit their eyes in pursuit of strengthening their mind-sight. Service to the legion is fraught with sacrifice and this can be seen clearly when one looks upon the Black Dragons.

Dreadnoughts inhabit a peculiar place within the wider Lightning Bearers Legion. It is not, for instance; standard practice to place critically injured astartes into a dreadnaught chassis so that they might continue their service to the Legion. In fact, to be 'brought back' from the edge of death is seen as unnatural and a stain upon ones honour. Traditionally, only warriors who request vengeance with their dying breath are granted the chance to serve on within a Dreadnought's cold sarcophagus. To choose vengeance over honourable death is seen as both a source great shame to the warrior and as an incredible sacrifice to his brothers.

To be a dreadnaught in the Lightning Bearers is to be a vengeful spirt, a wraith whose sole purpose is to stalk the battlefields of Great Crusade in search of vengeance. The ultimate goal of these cursed warriors is to earn death, that final external sleep when both honour and vengeance have at last been satisfied.

There remains however, another manner of service and sacrifice within the II Legion; these are the Black Dragons.

The fact that dreadnought service remains taboo amongst the Lightning Bearers means that the critical fire support offered by these adamantium behemoths is quite frequently lacking from the Legion's order of battle. To fill this gap, there exists the Black Dragons, warriors (most commonly devoted to the Volta Order) who choose to willingly submit to the surgeries required to encase their previously healthy forms into dreadnought engines.

To willingly embrace this iron future, these warriors must be both strong of will and of faith in their Legions purpose. This manner of sacrifice comes naturally to the Volta, and it is seen as a mark of great character and modesty to their brothers that they would be willing sacrifice their future glories in order to serve the Legion.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/E42588AE-03C4-40BB-B1A3-AD6585D1F249.jpg?t=1425484932

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/4B7A80B2-B70D-412E-9E50-D102BC49961F.jpg?t=1425484977http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/F1934EC9-56F6-4C23-A263-1E497F5BD026.jpg?t=1425485006

(Deredeo WIP)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I finally got around to sculpting the Dragons of the 'prow' of my Deredeos. All things considered I'm pretty pleased with how they both turned our and I think it helps with the dreadnought looking less boaty. Plus I got to sculpt freaking dragons, so there is that too! with this, work on the Deredeos is getting close to finished, just have a few more mold lines to tidy up and then it will be time for priming.

Responses!

@Quixis: yes those are from Puppetswar, unfortunately there isn;t space under his arm to reposition the wakizashi and sword sheath. It's a tight fit and the cabling under his torso blocks the repositioning due to the guard.

@Kurama: Sorry haha, to be fair, I didn't know you were going to use that model or antlers!

As always (and especially since this involves my pitiful sculpting skills) I'd love to know what you guys think.

I wish I had your budget. Holy :cuss, I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm *so glad I found it*.

You have something more than budget, though - anybody can throw money at something and shrug. But the passion, the thought, the amount of time you've invested in creating, expanding and growing your legion into something completely unique and special is incredible. Not very many people can take something as broad as the Lost Legions and execute it in such a way that it floors everyone who sees it... but you did.

Your work is really inspiring. (Obviously - just in the replies here in this thread, PMs you've undoubtedly had notwithstanding, several projects were born just from people seeing your level of expertise and dedication.)

You should be really proud, Brother. It's a hell of a task you've taken on, and a hell of a job you've done so far. I think it's safe to say that everybody lurking the Forge can't wait to see whatever it is you choose to post next.

Oh, that consul is stupid pretty. 

I really want to put antlers on something now. Never would have guessed how awesome they'd look!

Question, where is the axe from you assault marine from? I have a thing for axes. 

Oh, that consul is stupid pretty.

I really want to put antlers on something now. Never would have guessed how awesome they'd look!

Question, where is the axe from you assault marine from? I have a thing for axes.

It might be the axe that came with the AL consul Delegatus (event mini)

@Flint13: Slipstreams has it right, the axe is from the AL Delegatus. I knew that I wanted to give the model a Vibro-Katana but that axe (with it's curved hilt) was just too pretty not to use on something else. 

Posted · Hidden by Grotsmasha, March 6, 2015 - Requesting recasts
Hidden by Grotsmasha, March 6, 2015 - Requesting recasts

Thanks! I knew it was sorta familiar from somewhere

... I will have it. *determination face*

There's not many on ebay and they come to around 80 aus

Hopefully we get a recast one soon @_#

Where do you get recast Kurama?

I haven't checked out this thread since it's early days. I'm astounded at the progress (I started a Legion thread around the same time and I'm a little ashamed :)). It all looks fantastic. The theme is the perfect balance of a theme and THEY'RE JAPANESE SPACE MARINES!! Well done (I just need to go through the whole thread now :))

Archived