Only victory is honourable - White scars - Siege of Terra

One-eye

Cracking stuff. Very characterful. The use of choice parts and greenstuff where it matters speaks a lot of careful planning (or, at least, inspired improvisation). :)

That's incredible. Where does the staff come from?

The staff itself is from Arhiman, but the skull is from an old Rackham mini (I have a huge Rackham collection, so...).

Cracking stuff. Very characterful. The use of choice parts and greenstuff where it matters speaks a lot of careful planning (or, at least, inspired improvisation). smile.png

The former wink.png but planification doesn't mean that you don't have to redo a lot of things. I spent a lot of time on this mini, esp. on the feet.

Wha... wha... but...

*reattaches jaw*

He is definitely the best White Scar model, and possibly the best Heresy era model I have ever seen.  That, despite the fact I'm not the biggest WS fan, and that I DESPISE Mk II armour.  You do the hobby proud.

• 1 month later...

+++++

For two hundred years he slept

Banned by his own brothers

Into stasis before Chogoris

Veteran of Unification wars

He's back home

For the Traitors doom

+++++

gallery_61390_9221_54642.jpg

gallery_61390_9221_188936.jpg

Bunraku - Contemptor Dreadnought of the XXIVth Brotherhood

Put into stasis just after the Vth Legion reunited with her Primarch on Mundus Planus.

Reactivated for the Siege of Terra. Status unknown - Presumed destroyed

Holy tits thats cool.

I think the Death Gaurd dread is the best because I was thinking of shaving off the legion numerals for the Ist and XVth legion :P but here you also have the Vth lol

Edit: also, the XVth legion approves of those helmet tines...

This is what went through my head when I saw this:

“Oh, One-Eye's thread. Wonder if it's been updat- AHHGGG, a Dread?!?! A White Scars Dread?!?! No, just no. Cannot reconcile this in my mind. How does he sleep at night- oh, it's a Terran. Well, that's less heretical, and I guess it looks pretty cool..."

Anyways, Bunraku looks awesome. I absolutely love the DG Contemptor, both in general and how you've used it. One question, though. How did you do the Raptora? Is it grey stuff, or plasticard?

Thanks all !

This thread is insane! Seriously your work is amazing!
I'm starting my own white scars now and was wondering if you could give me tips on weathering? My main confusion is I'm not sure what colours to use when doing the battle damage. Don't suppose you could help a fella out?

Sure Ironwithout, glad to inspire other WS armies !

My weathering is done in 3 stages :

- glazes with Agrax Earthshade and Nuln oil

- blister sponge-ing with a very dark brown (brown + black)

- weathering powders

This is what went through my head when I saw this:
“Oh, One-Eye's thread. Wonder if it's been updat- AHHGGG, a Dread?!?! A White Scars Dread?!?! No, just no. Cannot reconcile this in my mind. How does he sleep at night- oh, it's a Terran. Well, that's less heretical, and I guess it looks pretty cool..."

Anyways, Bunraku looks awesome. I absolutely love the DG Contemptor, both in general and how you've used it. One question, though. How did you do the Raptora? Is it grey stuff, or plasticard?

Yeah, a turned-off Terran contemptor is fluffy imho. The awakening for the Siege of Terra is debatable, but they didn't know they'll win before actually...wining^^ So, every chance would be taken.

The raptor is taken from the HH book, then printed to scale and cut from a plasticard sheet. Lot of work but I'm pretty happy with the result.

ONLY VICTORY IS HONORABLE! This thread makes my damn day One-Eye. Ace Job on the Contemptor!

Thanks Heinrich ! That means something :)

I love this thread. I'm excited to see that dread all painted up. I have silly question, how did you do the eyes on that Iron warrior helmet? I've been trying to achieve that look and can't quite get that look. Sorry I'm late to the party on that question.

I love this thread. I'm excited to see that dread all painted up. I have silly question, how did you do the eyes on that Iron warrior helmet? I've been trying to achieve that look and can't quite get that look. Sorry I'm late to the party on that question.

I think I painted them as normal gems, but in yellow. ie lighter to one end and blended up to pure black on the other side. The funny thing is that I repainted them in black, to fit with Hyenidae ones (as it's supposed to be a casualty from his army).

You just keep knocking it out of the park, bro!! Fantastic work, especially the plastic-card details thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot Kizz. It was a lot of work but the result is worth the effort I think.

Glad to see someone else sculpting the Raptor Imperialis.

Yeah, for me it's probably the most appealing marking of all HH. Not easy to reproduce, but you were definitely an inspiration BCK !

I've never shown a wip of my airbrush work for the white color. The Contemptor is a good opportunity because it's bigger.

gallery_61390_9221_1682593.jpg

As I explained earlier in this thread, it's only 3 colors : a light grey (for shadows, you see it in the lower part of the body here), a greenish light grey (all intermediate zones of the mini) and pure white. It's only my process for the white, pre-weathering, but I hope this helps.

Archived