Only victory is honourable - White scars - Siege of Terra

One-eye

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous team there - you doing a similar level of damage/weathering on the sicaran?

Yep, I'll try, but I don't know if my technique transfers well to big minis...

Thanks Lucian ! Here's my white recipe : on a white undercoat I airbrushed a light grey (PA Air light grey 50) from beneath to give shadows, a greenish light grey (PA Air 45) for transitions and again white from atop. It was my first use of an airbrush so it was rough. I did no "basecoat", just shadowing and lighting.

From then, I did glazes. Very diluted same nuances of grey, and Devlan mud. Then Badab black for "lining" and that's it.

Actually it's only glazes (wet blended to the white) and pretty simple.

Well, with 1 tac squad, I'm a bit far away from my first 30k game ^^

Btw, exploring my bitz box, I found a very old GW mini (Khorne warrior).

gallery_61390_9221_154050.jpg

I think I can make a White Scars out of him, especially considering my "Irbis" (=snow panther) brotherhood. I'm leaning toward a centurion, maybe a Moritat ? Any ideas from the 30k fellows ?

Of all the awesome, I really like the bases. Sad I know.

How's it done ? smile.png

smile.png

It's only cork pieces and sand. I paint the whole in a dark grey to model concrete. The "weathering" is the same as on the minis : pastel pencils turned into powder and spread over the flat parts of the base. I imagine any weathering powder can do it better (but pastel is so cheap ^^).

The second I saw that old fantasy mini of yours, I immediately thought of the old John Blanche early Crusade artwork...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120420160134/warhammer40k/images/archive/8/8f/20120420160344!Thunder_Warrior_Standard_Bearer.jpg

Even more ironic? If you look closely, his banner says "Legio V".

That, my friend, is called destiny.   ;)

I gotta say, Heathens makes a convincing case. He even brought some visual artillery. I think I'd love to see you make that picture come to life, One-eye. :D

The second I saw that old fantasy mini of yours, I immediately thought of the old John Blanche early Crusade artwork...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120420160134/warhammer40k/images/archive/8/8f/20120420160344!Thunder_Warrior_Standard_Bearer.jpg

Even more ironic? If you look closely, his banner says "Legio V".

That, my friend, is called destiny. msn-wink.gif

Heathens, you're a genius. I had got this picture stucked in my subconscious since I saw it several monthes ago, and now you've nailed it.

V legion : check. Snow Panther theme : check. Awesome artwork : check.

Destiny it is indeed.

So I'll try to replicate this picture (without the unhelmeted head, which is a shame because it rocks, but anyway).

Thanks a lot Heathens. And please do me a favor, once he's done, name him (if you're in the mood of one of your wonderfull backstories, feel free, I would be honoured).

Archived