Only victory is honourable - White scars - Siege of Terra

One-eye

MOAR! MOAR I says!!!

Ask and thou shall receive.

+++

Retrieving Archive data

+++ File Alpha0014100250 +++

Sergeant Shisamu - Warrior from the Chogoris clan of Talskar. Shisamu is reknowned for his duelling abilities with the traditional Tulwar and a sense of motion at war that made some among the Legion believe he had some kind of proto-psychic abilities. Became sergeant of squad Pardus at the beginning of Chondax campaign, after the initial assault where squad Pardus endured heavy losses. Presumed dead during Terra campaign.

"Being fast does not lead to victory. It's being in harmony with the right rythm and keeping the Initiative that makes you look fast to others."

"Bolter and Tulwar are the two only weapons I need. Brothers, do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful."

Shisamu, veteran sergeant of tactical squad Pardus - Brotherhood of the Irbis

+++

gallery_61390_9221_105593.jpg

gallery_61390_9221_67113.jpg gallery_61390_9221_33249.jpg

:cuss yeah, that's one good looking mini. All the little additions really enhance the white scars look and the combi-flamer is a nice touch. The sword, is that from the wraithblades? Wherever it's from it really suits the model.

I believe that was member number 10, so how about a group shot :)

That is a beautiful model there!  Makes me love White Scars even more!  The pose is so awesome, he knows he has the stuff.  He would be ideal to place on a single-model stand and have the base built up around his normal round base so he can be put in a competition.  I cannot wait to see these guys painted, especially that Vet Sergeant!

@heathens, I leave here on Wednesday!!!

Oh my, thanks all ! @Heathens, you can't imagine how pleased I am by your compliment. You're such an inspiration for me (and I dare to say the whole board) that I keep coming back to your work to remember how awesome your stuff is. smile.png

A group shot as requested, before priming :

gallery_61390_9221_51883.jpg

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!

http://gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/TV/Wayne_s%20World%20-%20We_re%20not%20worthy.gif

Lol I actually live in Aurora....

Oh my, thanks all ! @Heathens, you can't imagine how pleased I am by your compliment. You're such an inspiration for me (and I dare to say the whole board) that I keep coming back to your work to remember how awesome your stuff is. :)

A group shot as requested, before priming :

gallery_61390_9221_51883.jpg

Is this just a tactical squad or are they vets?

I ask because the detail you put in leads me to believe that they are vets O_o

One-eye, I have to say, your blog is one of the few that keeps me motivated and inspired these days. Lately I've felt like there has been a shortage of really well thought out original blogs, and yours is one of those. Keep up the outstanding work, I know the paint on these guys will be nothing but brilliant. Cheers.

One-eye, I have to say, your blog is one of the few that keeps me motivated and inspired these days. Lately I've felt like there has been a shortage of really well thought out original blogs, and yours is one of those. Keep up the outstanding work, I know the paint on these guys will be nothing but brilliant. Cheers.

That's a hell of a compliment Heinrich. Considering how your blog inspired me (some of my minis are direct inspirations from your NL), I can only say thank you so much and I'll keep going.

One-Eye, I got a gift for you in the In Memorium thread.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282531-in-memoriam-the-day-the-palace-fell/?p=3601827

Enjoy. msn-wink.gif

Being referred to in your collection of minis is already an honour, but it's even better considering it might be your best one so far. And you know it asks for revenge !

Oh my, what a challenge...

My favorite heresy log on here already and there's not even amazing One-eye paint yet. Really awesome modelling skills man! And thank you for not adding in the shtick of linking youtube music with your updates bahaha

@Depthcharge12 : it's tacticals. For my vets, I hope to be able to do something like those

gallery_61390_9221_43927.jpg

My favorite heresy log on here already and there's not even amazing One-eye paint yet. Really awesome modelling skills man! And thank you for not adding in the shtick of linking youtube music with your updates bahaha

Thanks a lot mate, I hope not to disappoint you about the paint. After hesitating a lot, I chose to go an opposite way from what I did on the Phoenix Knights. So instead of the ivory icon that you can see on the first page (HH illustration), my current 2 minis on the PP are heavily weathered.

There's a Dark Angel standing there with his White Scar brethren too ;)

Means I gotta keep working on my Dark Angel XVth Cataphracts haha

But I must ask people like you and KBA what determines if someone is a good modeler/painter. Is it just because you convert with green stuff and use cork bases? I feel that people who do more conversions and scenic things get more attention.

I must acquire these things and improve!!!

Ok guys, time for some paint ! I'm not happy with the photos, a lot of the glazes aren't visible and transitions have been eaten, but anyway.

On the ashes of Terra battlefield, the first White Scars Legionnary is looking at his next prey.

gallery_61390_9221_122761.jpg

gallery_61390_9221_122157.jpg gallery_61390_9221_56000.jpg

Lessons learnt n°1 : when you want to put some blood on a blade, keep the beneath color as light & bright as possible. Mine was too dark. With reflects, you can't even see it on the picture ^^.

Archived