Only victory is honourable - White scars - Siege of Terra

One-eye

He built, he painted, he conqured.

Absolutely beautiful work, your painting skills are as top notch as your conversion skills. I believe I've said it before, but anybody else who wants to do a HH White Scars force, will be hard pressed to trump your work.

Floored by the little things, the little details, in your work! Those red markings on the knuckles are a great touch. How long did it take you to get this good at painting? Any broad tips for guys looking to take their brush work to a higher level? :)

Love your work!

Is there a chance I could get a run down on how you did the white?

I'm planning a World Eater army and the White scares me, so much I'm thinking of changing it out for something else. I still might just to be different, but I really like you're white.

For the white recipe, for the first time I used an airbrush.

On a white undercoat I airbrushed a light grey (PA Air light grey) from beneath to give shadows, a greenish light grey (also PA Air, can give you the references when I'm back home) for transitions and again white from atop. It was my first use of an airbrush so it was rough. I did no "basecoat", just shadowing and lighting.

From then, I did glazes. Very diluted same nuances of grey, and Devlan mud. Then Badab black for "lining" and that's it.

Actually it's only glazes (wet blended to the white) and pretty simple.

Floored by the little things, the little details, in your work! Those red markings on the knuckles are a great touch. How long did it take you to get this good at painting? Any broad tips for guys looking to take their brush work to a higher level? smile.png

That's a difficult question KBA... I acquired a steady brush with time. Apart from that the only thing that I'm aware is that the more I progress, the more I dilute my paints. As said above, I tend to work only with glazes.

But I only paint light colors (white or yellow). The same cannot be easily done for dark ones. But for my Deathwatch, I found that even glazes of brown and dark red in shadows give richness to the black. That and reduced highlights surfaces are the key from my pov.

Nurgle tried to intercept the White Scars reinforcements to Terra in sending me a flu of his own. But I managed to crawl to my desk to finish... 1 marine...

After sending his herault back to the warp, I hope to be able to increase again my speed.

gallery_61390_9221_11967.jpg

This mini gave me the opportunity to fix my brotherhood symbol, which I wanted simple and meaningful. But enough blabla smile.png

gallery_61390_9221_60536.jpg

gallery_61390_9221_146139.jpg gallery_61390_9221_135928.jpg

Absolutely ! Unfortunately they disappeared during M3 on Terra. But there's always Carnodon to be hunted for their pelt on Tegahr Pendarus, the first world put back in the Emperor's light by the IX Legion. The officers of the 24th Brotherhood should be able to wear some, hopefully :wink:

What I find really enjoyable in this thread is how  you are able to conceptualize a soldier (modeling) and then finish him to such a high degree (painting). You really have integrated all the parts of the hobby that inspire people with your efforts.

I hope you get over your flu soon, your WS destiny awaits. :)

What I find really enjoyable in this thread is how you are able to conceptualize a soldier (modeling) and then finish him to such a high degree (painting). You really have integrated all the parts of the hobby that inspire people with your efforts.

I hope you get over your flu soon, your WS destiny awaits. smile.png

Gotta agree. One-eye is one of those rare members that not only knocks modelling out of the park, but does so with painting as well. People are lucky just to have one, but two? I hope you are entering those fancy painting comps, O-E :)

Archived