++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

i'm with Kraut and Flint on the Deltrian topic. he should be very thin and bony in my opinion. i always figured he would look like a mechanised mummy or skeleton.

Gave to agree with Kraut, Cairn Wraith body/robes combined with necron legs might do the trick, would have to extend the robe though. Maybe lengthen the body using part of a necron body/spinal bits.
Plus, there's that grinning skull mask bit for the Wraith head that would work perfectly for how his face is supposed to look.

I know the Cairn Wraith model is almost overused as far as Adeptus Mechanicus characters go, but to be honest, whilst reading the Night Lords omnibus I couldn't think of a better match for that figure than Deltrian's description (plus some legs). He's like an exceptionally slender, tall Grim Reaper.

Thanks for the input everyone. To be honest I was so wrapped up in getting the details of the Astartes members of First Claw during my last read-through of the trilogy, I haven't paid attention to Deltrian. So your descriptions are most welcome. 

The Cairn Wraith also sounds like a good basis. Basically Kierdale's awesome techpriest conversion over at the Arena Challenge thread, right? Perhaps with Thallax legs? 

Group shot! :biggrin.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/ADBs%20First%20Claw%20by%20Augustus%20bRaass_zpsxssu6y7r.png

Hope you like! Thanks for all the awesome feedback, suggestions and the discussion. I really enjoyed it and it has all pushed me to complete this squad to the best of my abilities!! :thumbsup:

There's a collection of all individual pics here in my showcase.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

A bit late to the party (as I missed Xarl being finished) but that group picture is jaw-droppingly good! They look absolutely brilliant!

[über-self-indulgent fanboy rant]

Yeah... so I got featured on ADB's blog today. I sent the First Claw pic with my new watermark to ADB today and not one minute later he replied with a long line of :censored:es, like "oh :censored: me", etc. , followed by an "ahem" ...which made the corners of my mouth go up in humble joy. But then, 45 minutes later, I got an email from his wordpress account, informing me about his feature of them, and that he wrote the most humbling words about my work...

And then it exploded all over Facebook. 

Now, I feel like this:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Waynes-World-Were-not-Worthy.gif

So awesome.

[/über-self-indulgent fanboy rant]

Huff huff... Ok, back to regular updates. 

I promised I'll do Septimus, Octavia and Deltrian.

I ordered the following miniature from Raging Heroes as a base for Octavia:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/2015-03-20%2012.03.32_zps9yrokuzr.jpg

She's pretty cool, but need some work. For starters, she needs a new head, as Octiavia doesn't have a bionic eye. Also, even though she's only three centimeters and the avarage First Claw member more than four, I think she's a little too tall. So the high heels may go and I might even cut out one or two millimeters below her belt, and then mask that with some 40k paraphernalia. If that doesn't work, I could always go for a Necromunda Escher juve...

For Septimus, I need to buy the Catachan Command Squad, as that kit contains pretty much every bit I imagine I will need for him.

Deltrian will most likely be a combination of this guy, combined with the Cairn Wraith.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/Scylax-2.jpg

That's it. Hope you like. Feedback and ideas on the three additional members of First Claw most welcome.

Replies!

Atia: Thanks girl! What do you think of the ideas I have on the others?

@EldrickShadowblade: Dude if you haven't already, you should do it now! Literally, go online and buy that omnibus. It's one of the best 40K books around. 

@thamier: Why wouldn't you? Not all of them, but just a couple.... :thumbsup:

@brother Heinrich: THANKS mate! Coming from you, again, that is high praise!

@KrautScientist: I am, to be honest... It's super cool to get recognition from the author himself. But you know what that feels like :biggrin.::thumbsup:

@MrBear: Cheers mate! You're just fashionably late!

@biohazard: Oh dude, that would be awesome! DO IT!!

@helterskelter: Cheers to you too mate. Thanks. :smile.:

@sockwithaticket: Ahahaaaa menacing is what I went for, so thanks for that :smile.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Yeah... so I got featured on ADB's blog today. I sent the First Claw pic with my new watermark to ADB today and not one minute later he replied with a long line of :censored:es, like "oh :censored: me", etc. , followed by an "ahem" ...which made the corners of my mouth go up in humble joy. But then, 45 minutes later, I got an email from his wordpress account, informing me about his feature of them, and that he wrote the most humbling words about my work...

And then it exploded all over Facebook. 

=) grats Auggi, ADB is a very nice guy :tongue.:

the raging heroes model looks cool so far, can we have a size comparison with "normal Marines" too? 

Edited by Atia