Amazing work, dude! Your conversion work is absolutely first class and I really love the more withdrawn nature of the mini. You can tell he has some seriously juicy secrets just by looking at him.

Do you have any plans to paint him up soon? I'd really love to see all of the great conversion work completed with a beautiful paint job :tu:

Thanks folks. Yeah, the head is rather stock and probably quite overusedbut I felt it was perfect for this pose, especially since he is not moving around. He is probably making faces at people in secret under it ;P.

The closed fist is stock too.. And i haven't yet found one that is perfect yet. If not, maybe the paint will make it work.

I'm quite torn between black or dark green armor for him. I do want him to fit in my marine army which uses a dark blue/grey scheme.

The rivets (no spikes) are just 0.5mm pla-rod chopped up and stuck on. Experimenting with finer ones. 0.3 seems too fine. Awaiting my order of 0.4mm to test.

If he is meant to represent Cypher I'd paint him in Cypher's usual colour scheme. The Unforgiven won't be happy, but I think he would look perfectly fine alongside your colour scheme.

Really good conversion. And great stuff here too.

One minor detail about cypher. You should make his legarmor a more old pattern. The upper parts seems like some mk3 pattern so maybe add a few details to the legs. Now they seem a bit modern. But that is nitpicking of me

I think it's fair to say I've never seen a marine pose quite like that Cypher. Talk about exuding quiet menace. The multitude of tiny details give it a very unique touch without seeming out of keeping with both your army and canon. Just incredible, all around. 

• 9 months later...
Posted · Hidden by Bryan Blaire, March 11, 2017 - Admitted Threadomancy
Hidden by Bryan Blaire, March 11, 2017 - Admitted Threadomancy

Okay Scuzzy, wow. Just... effing wow. Saw this thread a while ago with your land-train style bike. Was super impressed by that alone. Clicked the oh so friendly "follow" button on the thread then. Life's been life so I hadn't been able to follow it as of late but today I have a day off from everything so I just through and looked as it all again. God damn boy. You are a converter to aspire to (which I am by the way). and this thread has just given me inspiration on how to approach 3 separate projects. Thanks for that.

Little necro-posting to respond and help encourage a fellow converter and to get him to do more converting and in turn inspire me....

but also to respond to the question asked of me. There are a variety of things I'm working on. Here on B&C you can check out my WIP thread. Outside of B&C, check out my facebook page linked in my signature.

So what else do you have your work bench?

Archived