Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

Man I'm totally stealing your souvenir shuriken idea.

And just have to find the proper arm for t g e pistol.

I look forward to seeing your work :)

My toy hunt turned up nothing worth buying, so I'll be doing the sorcerer's body as GS over a wire core. Hope to get started tonight or tomorrow.

A couple of sorcerer updates...

yesterday's work:

gallery_63428_9407_17727.jpg

Tail made. A bit of ribbing on the belly.

And today's:

med_gallery_63428_9407_47672.jpg

Slaanesh jewelry added to chest (Oyumaru mould, Hellstrider piece), lip added to tail.

I'll be adding some studs to the cuff of the pistol hand's glove, and round the lip of the tail next time (while the original had studs down a fair bit of the tail I think I'll start with a ring of them round the lip and see how that looks. Perhaps add more after that).

I'll also be adding a CSM side-rag and holster/grenades on the left, perhaps a book on the right side too.

Thank you both.

I added four radial spikes to the pistol-glove last night. I would have made it six for Slaanesh or eight for the Octed, but a glyph I carved I to the back of the glove (and forgot about) didn't give me enough space.

I also drilled the holes for the studs around the lip of the tail and hope to put them in tonight.

I'm also working on my second squad of NM at the office, which are coming along colourfully!

As and started work on my second spawn, with ideas set for two more.

I need to start playing with my Oyumaru.

That sorcerer is really looking great. Will look better with your colours too.

You got some? Excellent.

Whenever I mix some GS I always make too much. Havin these small Oyumaru moulds lying around is a great wa to use up the excess. Whatever I mould I'm sure to use it eventually.

I'm busy this weekend but hope to get the sorcerer ready for painting next week.

I should have NM WIP photos to post on Monday too. :)

I was away over the weekend so got no work done on the sorcerer. Hopefully some will get done tomorrow.

I do have photos of last week's work on the 2nd squad of noise marines though:

med_gallery_63428_9407_1005.jpg

The pink and green on him are done. Once I finish the basic colours on the rest of the squad, they'll all be getting hideously contrasting colours on the non-pink parts. In this one's case there will be pastel purple on the green bits.

The rest of the squad.

med_gallery_63428_9407_47421.jpg

The turquoise and purple bits are yet to be highlighted, shaded or glazed.

One turquoise one will get pastel orange decoration.

The other turquoise will get hmmm....yellow? Green?

The purple one with the kris knife will get pastel blue.

The blaster master purple one will get pastel green.

Buuuuut the squad will be put on the back burner again soon as I've been challenged to complete an IG Enginseer.

Work will progress on the sorcerer however :smile.:

It's nice getting on (albeit slowly) with one project at home and one at work.

I need to start playing with my Oyumaru.

That sorcerer is really looking great. Will look better with your colours too.

You got some? Excellent.

Whenever I mix some GS I always make too much. Havin these small Oyumaru moulds lying around is a great wa to use up the excess. Whatever I mould I'm sure to use it eventually.

I'm busy this weekend but hope to get the sorcerer ready for painting next week.

I should have NM WIP photos to post on Monday too. :)

I'll have to get moulding. I usually chuck my excess in the tube tool.

Thanks!

I'll be getting some of the space clowns anyway to put on the Armies on Parade entry against the 'Pomps. Will have to do them bright rather than pastel.

I got the turquoise highlighted on the two NM today but need to get the turqoise (C____ Green) shade from GW and dilute it with Lamian before I can wash/shade them.

Will get on with the purple highlighting tomorrow.

And sorcerer progress:

I got this far...

gallery_63428_9407_51809.jpggallery_63428_9407_15398.jpggallery_63428_9407_33525.jpg

...and as you can see my white undercoat spray ran out.

Wait until Monday when I can buy some more...

Or go with it as it is...?

You can go as is I think, white tends to be a little rubbish when undercoating so I only do a light spray like you have. It's not like you actually use the white undercoat as part of the paint as you'll be covering it with real colours so it should be fine. Plus another coating increases the risk of it being too thick!

Your noise marines continue to awe, the highlights on the greens especially. The sorcerer is also coming along nicely, you can paint him with that undercoat no problem, there's enough for the paint to get a good grip on the surface.

I felt there was a risk of the snake-tail/lower body looking out of scale or too weak to carry him, but it ended up nicely in my opinion. 

And he's done!

I hereby present Holusiax, former chief librarian of the Stygian Guard, now high sorcerer of the Psychopomps (and he needs some kinda title/nickname incorporating `naga`. Suggestions welcome).

The base is temporary. :smile.:

gallery_63428_9407_7861.jpggallery_63428_9407_16313.jpggallery_63428_9407_313.jpggallery_63428_9407_8930.jpggallery_63428_9407_24536.jpggallery_63428_9407_23909.jpggallery_63428_9407_79453.jpggallery_63428_9407_38092.jpg

In these pics I can see some tidying up is needed at the top of his right purple arm, where it goes in to the metallic ribbed joint. The kinda thing you never notice on the model itself while painting it!

I was considering putting my spawn into GW Nakano's next painting comp (in April) in the single category, but I may put Holusiax in instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I added some more debris to Holusiax's base and repainted it....

(also noticed that Camera+'s latest version has a macro mode! Yay!)

med_gallery_63428_9407_432417.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1210566.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_1498154.jpg

And got the biker bases done at last...

med_gallery_63428_9407_133504.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_1422366.jpg

Working on the bases (32mm) for the two NM squads...and the actual second NM squad now. I want to get finished models based before I move onto making/painting new models.