Children of Cuth'Vasi: The Skies Bleed Ash

Flint13

Seems like I'm a bit late to the party, but whoa, Flint, you really nailed the look on these guys! Amazing work! Like I said elsewhere, starting a WE project with two psyker models is a gutsy move, but you really made it work! Great job!

On a mostly unrelated note, I have to say that I think the Merlin-esque head and creepy cherub are the best parts of that plastic librarian kit, even though they might not have been useful for this particular conversion ;)

Looking forward to your next update!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/834/h89i.jpg

"My Lord, most merciful and magnificent of the Word, I can not explain it. We had those bastards dead to rights. Astartes or not, there were only five of them. Our entire brigade had requisitioned anti-tank weapons that could core power armor at two hundred meters. We had pursued them to the redoubt, and had them surrounded, as by your most halcyon orders. We were preparing to flush them out, when Corporal Zhashar calmly turned to me and proclaimed 'Die by fire, traitor.' He then proceeded to burn the entirety of A, D and B sections with his heavy phosphex unit before he could be neutralized. I imagine things might have gone smoother had Commissar Dannika been present to restore order. Unfortunately, when we were both gone to ground to avoid imminent immolation, she drew her side arm and discharged it into her own mouth..."

~ Lieutenant-Colonel Gregga Vandire, 219th Collonesian Genosars (Excommunicate Traitoris Moderatus)

"Traitors have much to fear, themselves most of all."

~ Chau'gun Dhan - Librarius Telepathicus, Legion XII, Company XVIII

Inside joke, Kol. You'll find out when you're older.

I'm older! I get it tongue.png

very nice work here flint

Always glad to hear it. Thanks for stopping in and commenting.

Seems like I'm a bit late to the party, but whoa, Flint, you really nailed the look on these guys! Amazing work! Like I said elsewhere, starting a WE project with two psyker models is a gutsy move, but you really made it work! Great job!

On a mostly unrelated note, I have to say that I think the Merlin-esque head and creepy cherub are the best parts of that plastic librarian kit, even though they might not have been useful for this particular conversion msn-wink.gif

Looking forward to your next update!

Thanks! Three psykers now happy.png

That libby is looking good, Flint.

Personally, I wouldn't use the sponge technique on white, as it's really easy to go overboard, and really tough to fix mistakes without making it obvious you screwed up.

Nicks and scratches are an easy way to control a battered look, while minimizing mistakes.

True, and if you have an airbrush, the hairspray technique might be another option.

Thanks! More to come. I'm afraid I haven't got an airbrush, but I have heard awesome things about hairspray. Gosh knows I have *plenty* of that lying around.

Haekon Jed'daai smiled. It took much finesse to craft a pyre.

*SNIP*

Excellent work Flint, usually I have a great dislike for the World Eaters as I still have trouble seeing them as anything more than 2-dimensional madmen like their 40k counterparts. However, threads like this remind me that behind the bloodcrazed fury there used to be warriors, men of honour who once sought something more than just the next skull. Well done indeed sister.

Glad to hear I can bring a little depth. It's actually something I wanted to be able to do when I started this project. I think there's a world of awesome possibilities just below the "BURN KILL MAIM"

Lovely job. Nice touch with the chain-links on the hand. One of the main reasons I originally thought about doing World Eaters were the little touches they had in Betrayal, chain-links, scarification marks, nails marks, etc for the armour. A lot of scope of adding little details to the models.

Thanks! Yup, same thing for me. I love a whole bunch of little personal touches to my armor as well. Mine tend to be kinda "tribal," but I think it works.

A great start, sister. I like all the little symbols on their armour.

That's one thing I like. All the fun little personal touches. Way more fun than the super uniform armor of "modern" chapters.

I haven't commented much on your work, but I've definitely been watching from the sidelines. It's astounding how much your painting has improved in such a quick span. If you continue on this track you'll be rivaling Daemon painters in no time.

Awesome, thanks for chiming in Darth!

I know what you mean. I say all the time that I feel like I've gotten better in the last six months than I have in the last six years of painting.

I see that the star phantom that heathens posted had the same reaction I did. That new librarian has to be among your best pieces!

Now I'm even more excited to see your super secret project msn-wink.gif

P.S. your new avatar is creepy.

Haha, I hope I don't cause too many casualties. And I thought since I was taking a tiny Nightlords break, I should have something the Crimson Sons would appreciate.

Thats a great model! Good to see that you are working on your World Eaters!

Glad to be working on them. I've been doing bad guys for too long. I want to be able to do bad guys who do good instead happy.png

Apparently I have reached my quota for positive likes today. Awesome job!

Haha, it's the thought that counts. Thanks!

*SNIP*

Sort of wish I'd read this before royally :cussing my Imperial Fists praetor.

Lovely work Flint, lovely work, gonna follow this one closely.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing your praetor, post fixing happy.png

Loving the new topic happy.png I'm not sure whether this is intentional, but:

He then proceeded to burn the entirety of A, D and B sections with his heavy phosphex unit before he could be neutralized.

Made me have an actual LOL moment! happy.png

He then proceeded to burn the entirety of A, D and B sections with his heavy phosphex unit before he could be neutralized.

Didn't even notice that. I was chuckling at the LtCol who seems to share a name with a certain High Lord 5000 years later.

The models look awesome. Now that you've done Pyromancy, Telekenesis, and Telapathy, who's next?

*inserts random meme involving sharks and space to derail thread with humor*

If you want the thread to get locked, go ahead.

He looks good. I love the chainaxe and force axe combo. This librarian will be able to strike before step initiative 1, at least. :P

Lol that was part of the joke. I unfortunately was party to one of the times she got locked down. But I just thought a little humor might lighten the mood from Axey McCommisarblowsherbrainsoutSon :P

Evening guys!

... B&C really needs a facepalm smilie. I can't believe I did that. Thank goodness I'm not actually internet famous enough for that to get around. I could totally see that conversation...

"Hey Mr. Demski-Bowden. You're one of my favorite authors! Come on in, comment on my models. Oh that? I apparently subconsciously set you on fire once. I'm not weird, everything's normal here! ...can I smell your hair?

Didn't even notice that. I was chuckling at the LtCol who seems to share a name with a certain High Lord 5000 years later.

The models look awesome. Now that you've done Pyromancy, Telekenesis, and Telapathy, who's next?

Oh? I'm not familiar with High Lord Vandire. I thought it was just a cool name ^_^

I'm thinking Biomancy will be next. It's my favorite discipline

If you want the thread to get locked, go ahead.

He looks good. I love the chainaxe and force axe combo. This librarian will be able to strike before step initiative 1, at least. tongue.png

Hah, let's try to avoid that if at all possible.

Thanks! Gotta love those free WE chainaxes ^_^

Awesome double axe Libby!!!

I want to axe you a question....biggrin.png

Thanks! He had a sword and axe at first, but I like him better like this.

blink.png You got that name randomly? Goge Vandire is the man who seized the power of the High Lords, launced the Age of Apostasy (the greatest division in the Imperium since the Horus heresy), brought to power the organization that would become the Adepta Sororitas, and caused the second Siege of Terra (Imperial Fists and Black Templars laying siege to drive out Vandire's forces).
And you got that randomly! ohmy.pngjawdrop.gif That paragraph was just full of unintentional references. (and now I'm wondering if I can make any out of the Corporal or Comissar's names. )wink.png

Can't wait to see Biomancy though. Is he going to have a really big axe, for when he gets IronArm?

A World Eater telepath in terminator armour swinging two axes. That's a nasty combination.

Biomancy must be the most fun of all the psychic disciplines, with things like making people's blood boil and sucking the air from their lungs. Would have loved to see a World Eater cause a spontaneous human combustion in an enemy.

@ Gaurdian - Thanks! I'm very glad you like them

@ TJWyrm - Oh wow. I knew my Warhammer knowledge had some startling gaps... Thanks for letting me know. At least I'm slightly more fluff educated now. I probably have heard of Goge Vandire offhandedly at some point, and forgot exactly all the details, besides the fact it was a cool sounding name. We'll call Gregga his great, great (x 200) grand aunt then happy.png

Not sure how many unintentional references are in there now, haha!

@ Barabbas - That's the idea I was going for! I also couldn't remember seeing a librarian in cataphractii terminator plate before. He's a little messy, but I think he came out well for a first shot at actual sculpting on my part.

I like the possible STR9 power maul part of the Biomancy equation, myself msn-wink.gif

I'm thinking artificer plate, power maul and boarding shield. I want a really "into the breach!" librarian!

"It came for us, Lord. Screaming out of the dark it came for us. The first command section was dead in seconds. I've clocked Astartes, worked around them all my professional life. They're fast for something that big, but this ... thing... it was unearthly."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/513/it8k.jpg

"The second command division managed to make it back to their armored personnel carrier. That turned out to be a mistake. I've seen a Maul-hammer immobilize a Chimera from a crushed track guard or an impacted flywheel before. I have never seen the driver's pulpit smashed backwards out of the troop compartment though. The salvage crews of our enginarium couldn't have made a more thorough wreck of it."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/18/3ixa.jpg

"I was stationed on the Unit 112 overlook with Corporal Dran and his section. That thing felt us watching him. It's the only way I can explain it. It covered the six hundred meters to our command bunker in the time it took me to drop my magnoculars and scream a warning to Dran. The entirety of the remaining three squads of B platoon were torn apart shortly after the bunker's door detonated off it's hinges like it was rammed with a power loader."

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/38/gw4h.jpg

"Even those that weren't at the forefront, fell victim to it's witchery. I saw more than half of second squad hemorrhage blood from every visible orifice as they fell dead. Even as I felt vital fluids pressing at the backs of my own eyes, I threw myself into the bunker's grenade trap, so that I may have survived to bring you this news....

My lord... are you still there? It is so very dark..."

Major Holsta Rhoder, 219th Kentavian Rangers

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/534/e4zc.jpg

"We of the lineage of Cuth Va'san carry a heavy burden among all of our kind. It is something that we have kept close, for the retribution it may bring from even our closest brothers. It is not a secret of failure or shame, but one of the most minute evolutionary chance that may damn us all...

We are deaf to the song of the Nails. They bite, they hate and they rage, but they do not sing. Not to us. May our brothers never find it so..."

~ Kraaga Dhrune - Librarius Biomanticus -18th Company, 12th Legion

Replies!

@ Depth - Eventually I hope to have a couple of whirlwinds, two contemptor dreads and a fireraptor. Don't hold your breath though happy.png

@ CorvusCoraxLivesOn - Thanks! Glad to inspire and be inspired

@ Captain Nameless - Depends. Loh'ki sounds sort of like Loki the trickster, but I'm unfamilar with another Jed'daai.

@ Forte - Not ill, but a bit of a break-up. Thanks for checking in on me!

@ Warmaster - Nah, nothing that big yet. I have to figure out little vehicles first happy.png

This is fantastic stuff flint!

Your work has come leaps and bounds since you've started :) keep up the good work!

Side note: what color are you going to do for the bases? Something nice and contrasting I hope!

Archived