Children of Cuth'Vasi: The Skies Bleed Ash

Flint13

Morning guys. Thanks for all the replies!

@gaurdian31 - Haha, glad to hear it!

@ Khârn the Bloody - Thanks buddy. Funny story, I've painted the white four different ways since I started this log, same with the blue. It's kinda my practice forum for painting white. The models actually look pretty different if you line them up together ^_^

This go 'round, I used a super pale blue to highlight the white, and a really neat metallic blue/silver color for his backpack and pauldrons. I think he's my favorite of all my white/blue techniques so far. 

@ Quixus - Oh, far after the fall I imagine, certainly after Nikea. I imagine Angron wasn't the most enthusiastic about enforcing his father's decrees, though the legion and the Nails seemed to help weed out all the psykers anyway. It's probably after the World Eaters fractured and started to flee in every direction after the Istvaans. I have just always imagined the White Scars as what the World Eaters could have been as a shock assault company if they had not been broken by the Nails. 

The Librarians of the legion always struck me as especially tragic since they either died horrifically from psykic backlash, were butchered by their own legion for inducing migraines, or had to watch their brothers tear themselves apart. Thus my little WE coven ^_^

Oh, and the swords are from the Emperor's Children Palantine blade squad. 

@ Jaspcat - Wow, pretty steep praise!

@ Forte - Thanks buddy!

@ Augustus - UGH! I know they're still bent. Those prissy little elf blades refuse to hold shape. Can you believe *that* is where they ended up after 2 hours of fiddling with them? ^_^

More of an axe girl myself. Ya know, something with an actual blade, useful outside of an Ultramarine's poking distance tongue.png

I find a heavy bolter is just outside that range ;)

Just read through the whole thread - fantastic stuff. The colour text really helps set off the miniatures, and the painting is really nice; particularly taking into account the difficulty of red and white. The weathering throughout is well done (though on a personal note, I would have preferred a few more scorch marks and smaller, lighter-toned scratches in the boarding shields).

Most of all, though, I love the character of them all. There's real imagination in the conversion work and kitbashing - the crested helms for all the breachers is a brilliant idea - and the emphasis on the Librarius is a very original theme. Looking forward to seeing what you do next :)

Evening guys. Thanks for all the awesome responses so far. It really keeps my hobby batteries charged, and keeps this from being more than just a little side project for me.

Anyone who has spent time checking out any of my threads knows I'm a huge fan of the fluff. With that in mind, some (but certainly not all!) of the greatest World Eaters the BnC has to offer have assembled to assist me in building this fun little community project. Anyone who loves the 12th will definitely have a blast, so come by and check it out!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294527-gods-of-the-arena-world-eaters-call-to-glory/

• 1 year later...

Archived