Queen Bee Knight -- Thank you! Please read the new post

JeffTibbetts

I don't have an update, but I have to share how excited I am about the new Freeblade mobile game that was announced today. They say you can customize your Knight, and I can't wait to see if it might be possible to recreate something close to my Queen in the game. No matter how close I get, it will never be as good as the real thing.

Here's where you come in: I'm trying to start a Twitter campaign to get the studio, Pixel Toys, to get her in the game as a bonus unlockable skin. I'm going to do a blog post about it tomorrow, but for now I'd love it if you could visit my Twitter profile and RT my tweets to the studio. I want to come up with a cute hashtag, but seriously how fun would it be to play as her in the game? I know some of her loyal fans will be down for this.

For the hashtag I'm thinking #godsavethequeenbee or something like that. Ideas?

#beeaggressive

#beallyoucanbee

#beethebest

I don't have an update, but I have to share how excited I am about the new Freeblade mobile game that was announced today. They say you can customize your Knight, and I can't wait to see if it might be possible to recreate something close to my Queen in the game. No matter how close I get, it will never be as good as the real thing.

Here's where you come in: I'm trying to start a Twitter campaign to get the studio, Pixel Toys, to get her in the game as a bonus unlockable skin. I'm going to do a blog post about it tomorrow, but for now I'd love it if you could visit my Twitter profile and RT my tweets to the studio. I want to come up with a cute hashtag, but seriously how fun would it be to play as her in the game? I know some of her loyal fans will be down for this.

For the hashtag I'm thinking #godsavethequeenbee or something like that. Ideas?

#beeaggressive

#beallyoucanbee

#beethebest

Haha! I like all of those. 

And, for the obscure videogame/meme reference:

#ilovequeenbees

Um... Too obscure, I guess. I don't get it. 

That is supercool, and yes it works without context. I might have to use it just for the history lesson...

Okay, I wrote a post on my blog. Let's use #ilovequeenbees 

I also posted links to their website contact form and their FB page. If you've enjoyed watching this project, please help my plea to get her in the game officially. How cool would this be?! 

Honestly I don't think the actual tag matters that much. Only that we all use the same one. And no game company would complain about getting a little extra publicity, surely. I dunno. We'll see. It doesn't seem like they've even been on Twitter since they posted their first news items. I know at least a couple people have used the form on their website as well.

Facebook uses hashtags too, remember? biggrin.png

Just to be clear (Im kinda confused, because you said you liked others after you settled on one without referring to the one you settled on): the tag is #ilovequeenbee right?

Hahaha. We're using #ilovequeenbees with an "s" in. It's a bit confusing, perhaps, but since it references an established meme/tag it makes sense. I DO like other ones as well, but that's the one I settled on first so I'm sticking to it. And yeah, FB does use hashtags now. I just don't use FB for hobby stuff so I didn't post it over there. As far as I can tell the developer still hasn't gotten on Twitter, so it's very possible they don't really use it much. Shame, that, so maybe we do need to get serious on other channels. If you share it on FB, maybe post that here so those of us with FB can reshare it there as well? Shoot me a link if you get around to it.

UPDATE! I think it actually worked, peeps! Pixel Toys tweeted this out a little while ago: 

https://twitter.com/PixelToysLtd/status/633286482057396224

And then hit me up via DM to ask for my email address! 

I'm a little overwhelmed right now, and if they really make good on it I think this speaks volumes about how plugged in these developers are. 

I updated my blog post with a little blurb, but suffice to say, I really appreciate your help. I know quite a few of you hit Twitter, Facebook and even the form on their website and I truly appreciate it. As far as I'm concerned this is a victory for the Bolter & Chainsword as much as anything else. You guys and gals are fantastic in every way. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

That is fantastic. Congrats. Hopefully it is a full skin, but at the very least it looks like something will come of it.

Yeah, I'll check out the email when it comes in and see what they have in mind. I was just trying to get their attention, and we've done that. :D 

I love her!.  so beauty!!!

maybe you should add some little wings on the back, something mechanized!. not a big thing but a little detail.

I had spitballed two banners hanging from her shoulders, kind of a mix between a cape and wings. I nixed the idea I still like it, and maybe some day I'll add it. 

Haha, that's awesome -- and well deserved! Now I want Baron Harrowthorne in the game as well

But seriously, I think it would be very clever of the devs to feature fan-created Knights anyway, in order to get hobbyists invested in the game. Seems like the best possible viral campaign, doesn't it?

But whatever happens, it seems like there's an actual chance of having the Queen Bee in that game, and that's beautiful! Very happy for you, Jeff! :)

Haha, that's awesome -- and well deserved! Now I want Baron Harrowthorne in the game as well

But seriously, I think it would be very clever of the devs to feature fan-created Knights anyway, in order to get hobbyists invested in the game. Seems like the best possible viral campaign, doesn't it?

But whatever happens, it seems like there's an actual chance of having the Queen Bee in that game, and that's beautiful! Very happy for you, Jeff! smile.png

Thanks! And yeah, I'll be able to get a sense of how receptive they are to that, maybe. Perhaps they could run a contest or something if resources are limited? The only problem I see with Baron is that he's so converted. And he's chaos, as well. The conversions, though, would require a different model on top of a different skin. Unless you did a version before he turned... ;)

Archived