"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

Wow. Somehow missed this the first time and just found it through my thread... some fantastic pieces. 

I'm always most impressed by really cool line troopers. HQ's come and go, but when you have dudes like that Chosen who look that cool, the army is going to be amazing. I can't stand working with metal anymore, and my hat's off to you for grinding through with all that metal. :)

Thanks for the comments deathspectre, ElDuderino, Insane Pychopath and Prot. I am especially glad you have spotted this topic IP as I love your own work so much :smile.:

@ ElDuderino - the raptor legs weren't too bad, although I will need to work on the new knee pad -  but I felt I had to at least try to use some blinged up legs as he is a Chaos Lord.

@ Prot - I do dislike working with metal, at least large components although I don't mind bitz. Same goes for resin - I am not a fan of that either in large quantities. Glad you like my Chosen, troops is what makes an army. I am planning on painting them for the Call of Chaos, well if I finish this guy in time that is; yup I went for the Prince as the Juggerlord I think needs a little more work and I want my Warlord for the campaign.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05112.jpg

Very (like VERY early stages!!) but it has begun......I have entered him in a competition too, so as to further spur me on. Prob not as good in game but I love this sculpt, so big guy it is.

Cheers Forte, unfortunately my agrax earthshade has been stood for far too long and made a bit of a mess here and there so will need some tidying up. Serves me right for not painting for so long, my total amount painted this year is, like, one chosen dude. Fail on my behalf :(

@ Bio and Shoadowblade - thanks for the comments, it helps keep me motivated as always :)

Coming along, still loads to do though; the red is literally just just Meph Red with Agrax Earthshade wash (gave it a shake this time lol), I need to tidy up that Verdigris as its messy in places, and the sword isn't finished - I wasn't sure at first but it looks pretty neat. But hey, its more paint which is good, right? Onto pip -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/a-1.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/b-2.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/c-2.jpg

Edited by Midnight Runner

I have always been on the dark side - even my Imperial 'goodies' are baddies. It's always the same with films, I always end up rooting for the bad guys ;)

I am really enjoying painting this fella, so much detail but my painting is way rusty. Originally I was gutted I had to use the New DP pauldrons, but they look alright painted :) The Red looks flat in real life, that will be next (although it is beer time tonight.....)

*Screams in wordless terror at the sight of more metal.*

Oh man. You're as brave as they come when it comes to working with that material. I would have grabbed a plastic juggernaut and never looked back. The force looks like it's taking shape. Keep up the good work!

Lol cheers man, it was the Bloodletter Herald and I got it mega cheap on eBay - in fact everything here bar the FW stuff is off eBay or traded at my club. I don't mind working with heavy metal so long as it is pinned it is usually alright :)

Comes in useful for other things too......I am a veteran Dreadsock user :-D.

EDIT - cheers Forte, I did use a lot of pins, arms wings, legs even head but I am fairly ocd over such things. I actually filled the torso with green stuff to make it more sturdy. Such a great model I am really enjoying painting it, wings are dome now just the details to do which admittedly there are a lot of!

The juggernaut didn't require as much as it is not as complex a kit, I did pin the hip joint mainly as I repositioned it slightly, but not the head if memory serves. I plan on adding some further runes to his rear naked rear leg to match the Khorne marked one, and something to both front 'shoulders' :)

Edited by Midnight Runner

I'm still a huge fan of metal miniatures. They just feel right. Putting in that bit of work with files and pins makes it more rewarding. And the details to me always too better too.

Great idea filling the torso. That's the main part that has put me off a little each time I've picked that bad boy up.

Now to think of how to Slaaneshify my one. Hmmm...(add sounds of slowly grinding old cogs which have needed an oil in far too long).

Depends how far you want to go with him, personally I prefer him without the Dragon wings but used them for gameplay reasons but if you use wings off anything (these are a good fit btw) I would prob go a bit s'n'm with chains hanging off them, maybe even a whip for the weapon like the old Lash, perhaps even a head covered in pins a la Hellraiser...

Either way I would prob keep it simple with the original silhouette but that's because I love it so :D I shall be popping in on your thread to see what you come up with once those cogs of genius get in motion!

I already have a set of those wings for that exact reason ;)

I also have a selection of Nid whips and claws so we shall see. Think the face will be the main thing with it being a focal point. Time to get the rotary tool out.

Been following your progress since you started so I may be feeling the Call soon.