"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

As always Midnight Runner, great models & good start for Call of Chaos.  Really looking forward seen how the unit of Chosen get on.

With Talons of Horus, I think you'll really like the novel.  I'm hopeing to convert up the World Eater: Lheor soon.  There lot cool idea for conversion & just general a good novel :biggrin.:

great looking stuff, and black legion is awsome, talon of horus is great, listend too it while i was building chaos knight, its highly recomended

Those shoulder pads look awesome- are you using molds, or making them from scratch?

Thanks guys, glad you like :) 

Yeah, I am really looking forward to reading Talon, I have heard such good things but unfortunately Forge World and Battlefoam have all my money now. I have to be disciplined at not read any spoilers, so far I have done well :D

Yes Tom, the shoulder pads are greenstuffed press moulds -  my greenstuff skills aren't that hot and I struggle with basic shapes. They look pretty good really. Malisteens "Black Like My Soul" thread was the primary inspiration (on my phone so can't post a link, there is one on here somewhere and a link to the Miagicmould I use) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Call of Chaos Update No1

Many thanks Dark Disciple, paiting has begun!! Not much of an update though sorry; I haven't been doing too at well at the call but the first 3 dudes are at around 50%. Not looking good for a finish at this rate :biggrin.: Bit of a bad photo as my camera lense was greasy, then it died.....! C & C welcomed as ever, cheers:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05648.jpg

Edited by Midnight Runner

Cheers dude, I too am a sucker for purty eyes. These are quite (read: VERY) easy to do. Golden Yellow, followed by watered down Blazing Orange over the complete lens, and just over the edge along the bottom of it. Re-apply Golden Yellow over the lens, though not completely over it (leave a little of the yellow overwashed with orange still showing) Easy, glowy eyes. Although I did use the New GW colours whatever they be called nowadays.

As for we're they painted for my spanking last Monday? The Black and Gold were base coated only, May have washed the gold too. (For the record, we are taking part in a campaign which saw me face Adam's Imperial Fists, it didn't end well for the Black Legion at all. With one of my own strength10 orbital bombardments - campaign remember - scattering 4D6 and making a red smear out of the Daemon Prince, the Fell Reaver. Sad. Face. The above dudes also died in some horrible way leaving me with just Urkrathos left to face Mr Burning Blade/Eternal Shield Chapter Master. More. Sad. Face!!)

I should post Urkrathos up despite him not being part of my Call of Chaos. Watch this space for daylight hour photography tomorrow :D

Styrofoam, Bio, and Deathspectre - many thanks for your replies, glad you like (even with the lack of bolter holes :wink:

Ask and ye shall recieve - not part of my Call but where I am up to with Urkrathos. The first one will be a counts as Kharne/Axelord when I sort out a decent Gorchild conversion. Second version is kind of obvious. C & C most welcome, still a lot to do on both (please ignore the back pack on Urkrathos #1)  -

....and riding a Jugger

That is a stunning representation of Urkrathos! Excellent job!

I do have one small suggestion -- and you'll probably call me crazy, but here goes:

The thing I've always liked best about the artwork of Urkrathos is the bare back of his head: The horns actually seem to be part of his head rather than his facemask, and you've captured that look beautifully. Even better, however, is the scarred and sutured flesh at the back of his head, complete with an augmetic plug or two (at least that's how I've interpreted the art so far). The scarring would probably be easy enough to replicate by using Liquid GS and build up a bit of texture. And the plugs could be made from very small pieces of plasticard or, maybe even better, the tiny washer screws that can be easily shaved off some of the Ork boy weapons -- just a suggestion, and a crazy one at that. But those details could change your already excellent conversion to truly mind-blowing ;)

Hy guys, cheers for the replies - I am glad you approve of him - he (and his friends) are iconic in the Black Legion and I hope I can do him justice. The lobotized possessed head always seemed an obvious choice to me. Back pack on #1 will be another Krannon one.

Dorns_fist - Cheers man! Glad you like, even i it goes against all your Impreial beliefs :wink:

Styrofoam -They aren't finished yet, although here is Head #2 (Jugger) from a couple of pages back. Best I can do at the moment, not perfect to the artwork, but c'maaaaaan they are tiny lol :smile.: hopefully Head #1 is shaping up better.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05318.jpg

Deathspectre - on it!!

KrautSci - You sir ar not crazy at all, as I will be representing such horrible detail on both heads (I wish I had just magnetized it....) If you look closely at the second picture there is a 'blob' of greenstuff  which will hopefully look like the large plug type thing, it'll have some wires going down the dack of his neck. I ahve a couple of extra cables, artistic license and all ;) The Orky suggestion is a very good one however, one which I am certainly going to try (would never have thought of it!) lucky for me my Brother has a rather large Death Skull army....

As for the skarring, I had planned to just paint that on (stitches and all!). I have never used liquid GS, I think I will try that out too :smile.:

Thanks for the ideas, very much appreciated sir.

IP - Thanks mate, I'm glad they warm your cold heart. The Call is going to be slog though; I haven't painted AGAIN tonight :ohmy.:. I haven't gotten hold of Talon yet, I have been banned from doing so I think its a birthday present, which is next month. Can't wait, will be the best birthday present this year. Well, second maybe to the strippers.....:biggrin.:

I have a question if anybody can help, the right pauldron, I am looking for a Khorne symbol to fit it, before adding tiny skulls from somewhere. Any ideas on a suitably sized one? Or do FW do a brass kit at all? I will be damned if I am freehanding such an intricate shoulder pad  :censored: TWICE :biggrin.:

EDIT  - artwork for reference; I want the Khorne symbol in the centre, even though its not strictly what is in the art. The left will either be Eye of Horus or possibly the Hounds of Abaddon symbol as seen in IA13 on a Deimos pattern Rhino . Possibly.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Urkrathos.png

THANKS FOR THE CONTINUED INTEREST AS ALWAYS GUYS :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Thanks, glad you like them :) You would not believe your timing on this, as despite this threads inactivity, it is not dead! Only yesterday I have started work removing mould lines on a squad of five Possessed. The reason? Daemonkin....

Atm, thanks to the new BA Codex, I have had to re-jig my Flesh Eaters with a view to taking them to ToS towards the end of the year. Got to finish my Drop Pods and Stormraven, as well as start my scouts; after that I will be painting the Legion and some Daemons.

In the meantime, there should be some more 'building' updates here, so stay tuned.....

Midnight... I haven't played a game since 4th edition. At this point might not again, but still love to model and paint... fell in love with the idea of an Oath-Broken warband looking to get back in the good graces of chaos. Also, stealing your eye-highlighting techniques for them. cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Its been awhile since I've visited this thread. I'm really digging those Chosen marines you've managed to take something static ( DV kits) and make them unique. Your jug lord Urkrathos is super awesome looking I really like the rider style more than the infantry model. And idea might be to kit bash Krell the undeath from warhammer fantasy and make him an awesome looking Khârn. 

Urg all this makes me want to start on my Dragon Warriors. :( *too much to do overload!!

Edited by fivepointedstar

Thanks guys! Been too busy for anything 40k as I have been away on holiday, but hopefully get back on it this week :)

Glad Urkrathos is so well received, he is one of my favorite conversions. I may add a sheathed sword to the left of his waist from the Berzerker sprue for some Power Sword/Gore Drinker fun :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I went and did it despite the fact I should be concentrating on my Flesh Eaters as I am mid-campaign......

I Midnight Runner rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Urkrathos, Lord Purgator of the Black Legion and Chosen of the Despoiler (one off Khornate Chaos Lord riding atop a mighty Juggernaut, wearing the Blood Forged Armour of Khorne, carrying a Sigil of Corruption and a wielding an abhorred Axe of Khorne) - from Codex:Daemonkin of total value 225pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Hounds of Abaddon, the Black Legion and the Warmaster himself, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC06497.jpg

He has had a couple of little tweaks to him, namely his axe is slightly more Khornate, and he has a few plugs to the back of his head as per Kraut Scientist's idea. As you can see I am running him with the Daemonkin Codex as it looks an awesome way to run mono Khorne, and that is how I have been rolling for a while save for the Oblitz, so no big change for me; Hounds of Abaddon it is :devil: I will also be updating soon with some more bikes and Flesh Hounds for my Gore Pack.