"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

That Demon Prince looks great! The eyes do stand out more now, nice work. I really like the way you did the glyphs/symbols, too.

What are your plans for the base?

I like the bikes, too. That red will look really good once they are done.

Keep it up!

Some kind comments from some heavy hitters, I must be doing something right with these guys, many :thanks:

He's looking awesome buddy. And Urkrathos is properly sinister looking! You're taking to chaos very easily. I like it :biggrin.:

A little too easily some might say......:devil: glad such an exemplary follower of the Blood God apporves :D

Not gonna lie... You're tempting me to model one of my own members of the Chosen of Horus... Hmmm....

It is such an awesome piece of artwork - and the DV Chosen make good starting points with plenty of styling cues from it :thumbsup: If it takes you fancy Devram Korda from the powerfist guy, Skyrak Slaughterborn could be based off the axe dude, Ymgarl, well, he would be the most challenging and rewarding possibly. I plan an 'on foot' version of Urkrathos at some point also to represent Khârn.

looking very good runner, you make the warmaster proud.

keep it up :wink:

Thanks my friend!! I am pleased that you like them :D

That Demon Prince looks great! The eyes do stand out more now, nice work. I really like the way you did the glyphs/symbols, too.

Keep it up!

Thanks Tom, for the base I am unsure - thinking about possibly snow bases for the army, will make blood splatter stand out so I don't know yet. Not too much splatter, but a little. Prob go for some ruins, maybe a crack in the earth with skulls in. Or I might save that for the Bloodthirster.....

Cheers! :)

Keep it up!

Thanks Tom, for the base I am unsure - thinking about possibly snow bases for the army, will make blood splatter stand out so I don't know yet. Not too much splatter, but a little. Prob go for some ruins, maybe a crack in the earth with skulls in. Or I might save that for the Bloodthirster.....

Cheers! :)

All good ideas! A lighter base will really set the army off nicely! If you start off a medium gray on the base, and then dry brush a light gray over it, finish it off with another brushing/detailing of a color like GW Nurgling Green... It will warm up the tone (even in the snow!) and help your reds stand out.

Keep it coming!

Cheers Tom I will have a go when I get the first squad done (prob the bikes, maybe the Chosen)

Heh, yeah Rob but only because in our current Campaign one of our lads is using his Imperial Fists - he hasn't seen it yet though...... Or it could be a Blood Angel assault marine.....:D Or maybe I thought yellow would look good against the scheme....but I think it's a Fist ;)

Niiiceee DP!

I would also like to point out the outstanding brushwork on the wings - Must've been rather timeconsuming?! Definately worth it, though.

Thanks, they were a right pita really!! There are a few areas that need tidying I can spy, but you have to call it a day sometime or nothing gets finished.

Lysander will be hunting your DP now..

Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows....and the beasts Spineshiver Blade makes the cuts :D

Good news too B&C, Daemon Prince won the little comp I entered (semi-pro category); I'm stoked :)

T-minus-120 seconds.

Arterial blood sprayed high as the militiamans head parted from his shoulders, a look of terror still etched upon his face. At the same time, Krell back handed another with his bolt pistol, crushing his face with an satisfying crunch. Before both would be soldiers had dropped Krell had swung his chainsword in a wide arc dis-embowelling another two in one stroke, agonizing screams filling the air. Too easy. The rest of his squad were also revelling in such butchery, as he glanced about, the felling of the enemy by the dozen. Bellowing his Primarch's name, he swung at his next opponent....

T-minus-90 seconds

He lifted the guardsman to his level, bringing an almighty power armoured head butt shattering bone and mulching brain alike, swinging the prone form of the poor man at his dwindling squad. They stood firm but were no match for Krell's charge. All five were butchered in as many seconds in a whirlwind of gore and rage, the nails in his skull digging deep now, calling to him for his next opponent....

"Blood for the Blood God!"

...he was covered in their blood. Bright red, oxygen rich blood, covering the his bone white armour. He stood over one of the black armoured survivors. He again swung his chainsword with great force which the wounded astartes tried to block with his own, sending him down to one knee. Krell pressed it down until the mono-molecular chainblade was whirring against the Ravenguards visor. Visor to visor, traitor to loyalist. Bitter hatred. In a flash it was over as Krell then imbedded his wicked off-handed knife into the Loyalists soft armour around his neck. Slick with blood, he remorselessly tore the head clear and held it skyward, the look of a red gladiator taunting his next opponent....

"Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!"
T-minus-60 seconds

...the majesty of the Eternity Gate lost to him, crazed with blood lust and fuelled by hatred. He parried the Blood Angels blow. His own wounds were telling now, but he managed to twist away. Sensing the death of the traitor, the impetuous Blood Angel swung wildly with his chainsword, overreaching and leaving himself open to counter attack which came from Krell's squad leader Bullous, whose powered blade clove the Angels arm off. Krell swiftly ended the combat by thrusting his own chainblade up into the soft armoured groin area, imbedded the whirring blade to its hilt. The Astartes cried out as his life was violently taken from him. Krell pulled his his sword free from the twitching body with the aid off his boot. A split second was taken as he and Sergeant Bullous acknowledge each other silently. The din of the final battle deafening. The unstoppable red tide pushingon to the palace, Krell lunged at his next opponent....

"Death to the False Emperor!!!"
T-minus-45 seconds

....He brought his armoured boot down on the next ones helm, his power armour straining as he pressed. The helm beneath it cracked and the ground ran red. How had it come to this? The nails wouldn't let him think. Skalathrax was ablaze and brother fought brother. Honour no more. The Legion broken. He revved his chainsword at the next opponent....

T-minus-30 seconds

His armour newly repainted black, it was slick with blood and offal. Some things never change sung the nails to him as he dispatched the Blood Angel. The hatred of the long war on his lips, he looked to the sky of Makan and praised his bloody patron and his Warmaster; he of vision, the provider of his next opponent....

"For the Warmaster!!!"
T-minus-10 seconds

The chainblades revved

-9-
"Blood for the Blood God!!!"

The daemonic face on his obsidian armour licking its lips.

-8-
"Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!"

-7-
"Death to the False Emperor!!! "
More revving chainblades.

-6-
The sound of the booming engine slowing.

-5-
"For the Warmaster!!!" 

The Berzeker Legionaire squads' chant was incessant, they were like animals awaiting to be unleashed.

-4-

-3-

-2-

-1-
A hiss as the assault ramp opened. The back of his skull screamed as the nails dug in. Krell roared out of the Land Raider, chainsword ready, bolt pistol kicking, out to his next opponent....

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05463.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05464.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05465.jpg

Thanks to Tenebris for his excellent Inspiration Friday 19/9/14 Obviously, Mr Krell (no relation to the Undead Uber-Lord!) will have some friends :D

lol I have learned that with charging poses, you have to be careful where you place any rocks or debris! You can see where I am going with the Berzerkers - they will hopefully meld well with the DV style - I am not a fan of the old kit, was great inits day but showing its age a bit now.

Cheers Rob :)

Well I can't wait to see a whole squad of these.

I think you need to do one with both sword at his hips behind his lower back, just in a starting run pose, like brother Claudio from space hulk but obviously in a starting run pose? Maybe....just another idea for you.

Cheers muchly guys :)

Dorn - That is a damn good idea about the two swords, kind of a "come get some" type of pose. I will have a go at that :)

Bio - the helmet mod is kind of plagiarized from your warband, so 'thanks' :)  though I have used FW bunny ears as I have some left over from my Flesh Eaters' Sanguinary Guard (which is kind of weird Khornate marines using left overs from Blood Angels.....)

• 3 weeks later...

CALL OF CHAOS

I, Midnight Runner answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete 10 Chaos Space Marine Chosen and 3 Obliterators before January 15th 2015. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Pustulant Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail, I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Modest by most peoples standards, but I am a busy guy but by the Warmaster it will be done!!

Here is what I am doing, bad photo's I know but its all I got today :rolleyes: At least it gives you an idea -

Oblitz

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1-18.jpg

Mildly converted, they have been undercoated for ages

Chosen

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/2-16.jpg

Looking forward to painting these guys, as you can see one is already done though, so I best add in a substitute when I get a chance to build :biggrin.: 

Also as an aside, my computer is messed up'd, you cannot imagine the trouble I have had adding these photos :furious:  A mate is going to pick it up tomorrow for a rebuild, so hopefully won't be too long for an update (my camera on my phone has also had it, they don't take kindly to puddles....)

In more exciting news, I am waiting on my FW order for IA13, so there should be a delicious Spartan built sooner rather than later (it currently resides under my bed in its box unbuilt, sad panda)

Anyways, "For the Warmaster!!!"

Dude, those Chosen look awesome. Was there much wastage when you were chopping them up? I've got two lots of them and a box of Raptors waiting for when I get round to the Black Legion, and I'd like to maximise my bits usage.

Also, what did you think of Talon of Horus?

Dragonlover

Those are some rad looking chosen. Still blown away by that 'zerk, though, seeing him again - I really love that headlong lunatic charge pose and the combination of components that went into the mini. Wish I had the GS skill to sculpt trim like that onto armour panels... I'll have to get practising.

When you get a chance (or when you paint him) it'd be cool to get a closer look at that meltagun chosen with the raptor legs. That pose looks cool as hell.

Many thanks for the reply guys!

Dude, those Chosen look awesome. Was there much wastage when you were chopping them up? I've got two lots of them and a box of Raptors waiting for when I get round to the Black Legion, and I'd like to maximise my bits usage.

Also, what did you think of Talon of Horus?

Dragonlover

tbh the hasn't been a lot of wastage, as I try to recycle as much as poss - for example the missing head off the painted dude is on the charging dude - there is a bolter knocking round from the biker/chosen conversion but I am sure I will use that again, the only thing I will struggle with is the torso of what is left from the guy with the FW Worldeater head.

I haven't had the pleasure of reading Talon yet, but seriously looking forward to it :drool: my hobby budget this month has went on IA13 :rolleyes:

Chosen look awesome mate. Good luck with the vow.

Thanks mate!! Undercoat tonight hopefully...maybe....

Those are some rad looking chosen. Still blown away by that 'zerk, though, seeing him again - I really love that headlong lunatic charge pose and the combination of components that went into the mini. Wish I had the GS skill to sculpt trim like that onto armour panels... I'll have to get practising.

When you get a chance (or when you paint him) it'd be cool to get a closer look at that meltagun chosen with the raptor legs. That pose looks cool as hell.

Will do, and glad you like, both the Zerk and that particular Chosen dude are a couple of my own favourites :) Though my own GS skills are pretty bad, press mouling yep I can manage, sculpting....yeah...I struggle.....!

The missing Chosen number 10 for the vow, still need to fill the gap in his right gauntlet/fore arm. It is one of the snap fit guys (I won them as a prize for painting my Daemon Prince :biggrin.:) Quite pleased for such a basic conversion, he should fit in nicely:- 

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05539.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC05538.jpg

Thanks for the continued interest guys :)

As always Midnight Runner, great models & good start for Call of Chaos.  Really looking forward seen how the unit of Chosen get on.

With Talons of Horus, I think you'll really like the novel.  I'm hopeing to convert up the World Eater: Lheor soon.  There lot cool idea for conversion & just general a good novel :D