You know you're an Imperial Guardsman when...

librisrouge

When you actually enjoy the idea of sending conscripts led by a commissar forward and pray for a comedy/glorious death!

Isn't that what conscripts and commissars are for? Fighting is for professional Guardsmen, and leading them is for Commanders...

That is totally the idea. I was just highlighting how fun it is in games. Mwahahaha

When you actually enjoy the idea of sending conscripts led by a commissar forward and pray for a comedy/glorious death!

Conscripts are for slackers.  The proper way to do it is with wave after wave of battle hardened siege warfare experts that are not even given names. 

• 3 weeks later...

When 57% of your army is made up of non-IG models but the IG still does more work than them.

When you play with Knights and Assassins but the melee that your enemy fears the most are a few guys with ten minutes training and a fiery priest.

When you're invited to a 1k tournament and you genuinely consider just taking a Steel Host.

When 57% of your army is made up of non-IG models but the IG still does more work than them.

When you play with Knights and Assassins but the melee that your enemy fears the most are a few guys with ten minutes training and a fiery priest.

When you're invited to a 1k tournament and you genuinely consider just taking a Steel Host.

Why wouldn't you...

• 1 month later...

You know your an imperial guardsman when you play your space marines like imperial guardsman. When half the reason you start the horus heresy is too play imperial guard space marine style.

When your opponent brings his Morknaught (or gorknaught only those green savages know) and then you tell him hold and you bring your leman russ vanquisher. He doesnt believe it'll hit him because its BS 3. Against all odds it hits him and then blows it up killing orks at the bottom.

When you are told Imperial Guard are horrible because their infantry are terrible your response is "well we'll just have to drown you then...IN BODIES". 

When your in close combat with Orks and one of your artillery land on the squad enganged. Your opponent is happy that hes wiiping out the squad but you startle him by laughing. A medusa and pask punisher with a platoon of guardsman are waiting for them. 

When after watching saving private ryan you want to collect imperial guard again. Also you want as many flamers as you can in your army.

Everyone is lamenting the drop to 1000pts for a local tournament. You turn up with four Chimeras and an Eradicator with over sixty pairs of boots on the ground between two Veteran squads, two Command Squads and a thirty man Platoon.

You even have 50pts spare for a Lascannon Sabre Platform...just in case of Fliers.

You then lose every game because you're me, and thus you're bad at games.

"What would Patton do?" Get more Leman Russ tanks, maybe some Valkyrie and Vendetta gunships- Patton was a cavalry officer, after all, and the term "airmobile cavalry" should be familiar to those who read, 'We Were Soldiers Once... And Young', or saw Mel Gibson's film adaptation- and then crush the enemy beneath his treads.

Don't bother getting a Baneblade, use those points to get yet more Leman Russ tanks. Numerical superiority for the win!

But the Baneblade is so much fun... That's why I want it, because it's fun. But yes in most cases, get more Leman Russ tanks. I'm a big fan of the Vanguisher, BattleTank, Punisher, Demolisher, and Eradicator varieties. 

When you laugh at other armies trying to be battleforged at 500 points...

I was answering a common criticism of Patton, i.e., that he opposed the M26 "heavy tank's" introduction (not true), which resulted in many American soldiers' deaths when they met Tiger and Panther tanks on the field. (See 'Death Traps', by Belton Y. Cooper.)

When not getting tabled is a sign of a crushing defeat for the foe. 

When you respond to complaints about your footslogging Korps taking too long to play, you respond with a 9 Leman Russ + Baneblade list to alleviate their concerns. 

When you respond to complaints about your footslogging Korps taking too long to play, you respond with a 9 Leman Russ + Baneblade list to alleviate their concerns.

This had me in stitches but so true.

You know your a guardsman when your opponent never knows what you'll bring to battle. Is it the waves of footsloggers or walls of tanks or fast mech troops.

Archived