You know you're an Imperial Guardsman when...

librisrouge

...when your enemy kills 30 guardsmen in a round of shooting, only to blanch at how nonchalant you are about it.

This is my favourite reason for running Conscripts. "You've killed...twelve this phase. Another one to cause a Leadership check, then..."

...after watching Starship Troopers, you realise that someone out there has basically made the Imperial Guard Primer into a film...

• 3 weeks later...

You show up at a Highlander format tournament1 with six Leman Russ, three Basilisks, three Valkyries, three level 2 Primaris Psykers, and three Hellhounds, taking great delight in seeing the TO's realization that you are still well within the tournament rules and all he has done is given you the advantage as other armies' have their powerful units severely limited in the name of balance while you are merely forced to group yours together.

1 - Each non-Troops FOC is limited to 0-1, some formats modify this to lump similar together such as all Land Raider variants are 0-1.

You show up at a Highlander format tournament1 with six Leman Russ, three Basilisks, three Valkyries, three level 2 Primaris Psykers, and three Hellhounds, taking great delight in seeing the TO's realization that you are still well within the tournament rules and all he has done is given you the advantage as other armies' have their powerful units severely limited in the name of balance while you are merely forced to group yours together.

1 - Each non-Troops FOC is limited to 0-1, some formats modify this to lump similar together such as all Land Raider variants are 0-1.

This is why we can't have nice things, Fasha. This is why no-one likes comp.

:P

When after reading the siege of vraks trilogy, you love the death korp of krieg more then the chaos force.  Seriously, I love chaos(10,000 pts total), and even have a renegade guard force, but krieg guardsmen are so much more awesome. 

In the same vein, after reading about their fight against those soulless automatons in Dead Men Walking, you feel sorry for the Necrons.

When after reading the siege of vraks trilogy, you love the death korp of krieg more then the chaos force.  Seriously, I love chaos(10,000 pts total), and even have a renegade guard force, but krieg guardsmen are so much more awesome. 

In the same vein, after reading about their fight against those soulless automatons in Dead Men Walking, you feel sorry for the Necrons.

Dead Men Walking was the best romance novel I have ever read, great book. 

Now, I may have to steal all my renegade tanks and fliers and say the New krieg tank regiment need this more then you.  Don't worry you can keep the horde of mutants and the artillery.  i don't need another army, but they are that awesome. 

Dead Men Walking was the best romance novel I have ever read, great book. 

Now, I may have to steal all my renegade tanks and fliers and say the New krieg tank regiment need this more then you.  Don't worry you can keep the horde of mutants and the artillery.  i don't need another army, but they are that awesome. 

Um..leave the artillery? :huh.::blink.:

• 3 weeks later...
You know when your an imperial guardsmen when even your friends use you as a meat shield! Also when you play battlefield and over the voice chat you grab your imperial guard codex and start yelling quotes from the book into the mic. This works to annoy 12 year olds to no end. Also you play dawn of war 2 with a friend and later in the game you grab as many manticores as you can and just spam artillery were ever your friend is.

Spoiler for Fury film:

When you watch the movie "Fury" and shed tears when the tanks machine spirit is finally snuffed out.

Dude! Spoiler alert! Some of us are waiting for Netflix to pick it up (I kid, I already knew that was going to be the ending.)

...when your enemy drops their FMCs in front of your army, knowing all you have are lasguns to bring it down since everything else will either miss (it does) or are blasts. 180 shots later that Hive Tyrant went down like a brick.

Archived