+ The Jericho Crusade + Sword Brethren Cometh!

Acebaur

I have no experience magnetising resin, but with due consideration to how fragile the material is compared to plastic, I'd magnetise at the shoulder. You'd have to find a stock of corresponding (Mk IV ?) arms though.

You might need to either drill deep into the resin to get the magnet to fit, or cut the magnet into two pieces, which would help in lining them up in general...

regardless, if you're going to put a heavier object on his wrist, chances are that if the fit of the magnet isn't snug enough, it'll just fall off... I should know, I tried... If you're going for a wrist attachment, then I would suggest that the arm be posed higher so that the wrist magnets and the weapon will be on an angle and friction will do majority of the work to ensure that the weapon won't fall off... if you go for Shoulder Magnets though, then prepare a lot of shoulder pads, but you could modify the models full pose as well if you go with the shoulders instead of the wrist...

Either case, good luck, and great model :)

I would strongly advise against cutting magnets. They are sold with a protective (usually shiny) finish that helps enhance durability. The inside of a magnet is actually quite brittle and repeated snapping and unsnapping of an unprotected magnet tends to damage it.

I'm actually not worried about the actual process of putting the magnets in. I have lots of experience with that with both resin and plastic and doing both wrists and shoulders. I guess my dilemma was more of a where do I choose to do it. If I go with the wrist the pose is more static, but also more stable. If I go at the shoulder it can be more dynamic but also more prone to being knocked out of the position I want it to be in to look cool. 

I really like the pose and agree with the "wrist" option. I do think that the hammer should be pointing "out" vs. the "in" you currently have it displayed. Not sure if that would affect the magnetization or not.

I really like the pose and agree with the "wrist" option. I do think that the hammer should be pointing "out" vs. the "in" you currently have it displayed. Not sure if that would affect the magnetization or not.

Not really, the magnet will allow it to swing around pretty easily, the trick is that the wrist guard that covers part of the hand makes turning the hand tricky as too much rotation and it looks weird.

So here's another option I came up with for how the shield is positioned. Thoughts?  Also the TH is fully magnetized now as you can see. 

http://i.imgur.com/uu4X5cv.jpg?3

Both are good. My only concern with the later one is that it looks like he's dragging the shield (but maybe that's just for convenience and once glued it'll be off the ground).

Incidentally, is that the shield from the BA termie box ?

Yeah, the second version makes him look even more like he is just ballin' his way across the battlefield towards some yella-bellied chaos 'champion' while ignoring all the whizzing gunfire etc.

Cool guys don't look back at explosions ;)

:lol:

Alright here is an altered version with the shield held up higher. Let me know if you guys think its better. Also note the cloak, I love how it looks but it limits the placement of the hammer, so that may be something I have to toy with.

http://i.imgur.com/2SzxKsr.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/esBw5iC.jpg?1

Cloak is great. I don't see the same swagger though - the shield is a touch too high maybe. I think the crucial thing was the way he was holding it almost behind him to start with, it created a nice opposite motion to the extended hammer arm and that's where a lot of the movement came from.

Do you guys like it better than the first arm where he's carrying it in a more traditional way?

Also Ciler the shield is from the basic TDA box, I believe it's the Sgt one. I plan to wrap some chains around it

I love it. He looks real menacing.

I prefer the second pose and think he looks like hes swinging the shield to help provide more lift to his hammer.

Will look out for him when hes painted up!

Have you considered turning the head to his left?  Could make for an interesting 'You just got shield bashed!' pose rather than the purposeful stride, which seems a bit awkward to me right now.  Although I think it may not be possible to pull off that suggestion, seeing as he seems to have a limited space to rotate that big noggin of his.

Archived