+ The Jericho Crusade + Sword Brethren Cometh!

Acebaur

So at long last, Grimaldus joins my crusade. I should have bought him ages ago, but back when he was available the named characters weren't all that great and I was focused on custom characters anyway. Then 8th dropped and they are great again and I also realized that I should have them all anyway. 

Here is the ebay link where I got him, scroll down to see the listing. 70 bucks was an absolute steal especially given the condition and that it's complete. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162937763616

Grimaldus arrived yesterday and I have already put a 32mm conversion ring on him.  I found that the bottom of the banner for the servitor was missing, but no matter it was an easy fix to add something in.  

Also I never noticed that Grimaldus backpack has a broken powersword on it. That's pretty cool. 

• 9 months later...

So with our new detachment in Vigilus I have gotten motivated again to do some modeling for my Templars. I've always loved our original sword brethren minis, but never really found a use for them. At one point I converted some of them to be Honor Guard but since they are no longer a unit worth taking they were shelved. Now that Sword Brethren with sword and shield are in vogue, I thought of those guys. Here are the first two with some shields from Spellcrow and helmets from the Templar Brethren kit

Hidden Content

g4jorqrl.jpg?1

PvEfiXYl.jpg?1

So after look at these two, I starting thinking that any other normal veterans like my VV would look out of place next to these badasses and thought well what about converting the other metal SB I have?  So I set about trying to figure out how to make them have a sword and a shield and not look the same or silly due to the positioning of the arms, namely these two in the front. 

Hidden Content
99810101015_BTSwordbrethrenNEW_03.jpg

The LC guy is just going to be the way he is and I'd have to figure out another mini to use(more on him later)

So here are some rough mock ups of what I came up with for them

Hidden Content
O0W9BKYl.jpg

YYBYdfYl.jpg

And then stripped and ready for their permanent modifications!

5QwRvZ0l.jpg?1

So now I just needed a fifth guy, I wanted him to fit in with the style of these other 4, so sculpted cloaks that are attached directly to the mini and full tabard.  I had a couple of options and ended up choosing the Dark Vengence chaplain that I had left over from using some of his bitz to make my biker chaplain.  I sanded his cloak and gave him some Templar bitz, here is the first mock up

Hidden Content
WNpgPS4m.jpg?1

RlytEXRl.jpg?1

I'm going to go with 5 sword and shield. If I need a fist I have a model for it but I was thinking of using them more in a shooty squad.  

Here is a size comparison for SS.  From left to right: FW Templar Brethren, Vanguard Vets, Standard TDA, Scibor, Spellcrow, FW TDA

bKpt6E1l.jpg

More progress. I decided to magnetize the shield hands so that they are not tied to that configuration.  I've also made sure to always keep the polarities the same so that any magnetized hands are interchangeable

5A46SQFl.jpg

DONHfV0l.jpg

Archived