IA 13 Warmachines of the lost and the damned?

Nehekhare

You know I will say for as much as we want drop pods, I've found they're usually a 1-way ticket to death for the occupants. I've come to terms with not getting drop pods (or at least usable ones) as a chaos player. I say just bring on the heavy metal and dakka, we'll let our enemies scream as we grind them into the dust.

http://www.operatorchan.org/v/src/138793446518.gif

I honestly don't think Chaos Raiders are that bad, mine has been nigh-on indestructible in every game i've played, sure the lack of machine spirit kind of blows, but honestly I just use it an awesome mobile firebase/fire magnet. My opponents always waste an inordinate amount of resources trying to kill it while the real threat (Obliterators and Bikers) smash them every time.

That said, I'll exchange it for a Sicaran the first chance I get lol.

This actually seems very plausible, and I'm pretty sure this will happen. The problem is that "changed by 10,000 years of warp exposure" usually means either a.) random or b.) overpriced. I would gladly just take the loyalist versions of vehicles with the PotMS renamed to Infernal Device. I don't want tentacles and warp exposure and all that other hooplah, I just want stuff that makes my Legion warband feel like a Legion warband. And that to me isn't more fleshy bits, it's ancient Heresy era technology that later founding thinbloods only hear of in hushed tones.

Yeah I agree. If time moves slowly in the Warp, why can't CSM warbands have access to some of the older stuff? For some warbands the Siege of Terra was just a few hundred years ago.

I bought a Heavy Conversion Beamer for my Decimator a while ago, for the sole reason that it feels like old Crusade tech, and Chaos warbands really need some more of these weird and wonderful contraptions!

And a beautiful Decimator it is, too.

Decimators I actually like. They look a look more menacing and less cartoony than the drake and the dinobot. Especially, the dinobot head with the weird tongue and huge out of proportion teeth. Ye gods I want a demon engine, not my girlfriend's annoying cousin. As for drop pods, I actually want to be able to drop pod spawn. I just had an idea to use fantasy giant bat swarms for Night Lords spawn and just imagined some drop pods coming down and folding open only to release packs of giant vampire bats that the Night Lords captured on some pitch black demon world and unleash straight into the enemy ranks to spread panic and disorder.

*snip*

...  Especially, the dinobot head with the weird tongue and huge out of proportion teeth. Ye gods I want a demon engine, not my girlfriend's annoying cousin. *snip*

I got some coffee through my nose when I read that. Thanks! :)

I like the Decimator for looking like a Daemon Engine and not the other way around. If some day forge World does Chaos Knights, I hope that their aesthetic shares more with the Decimator and Blood Slaughterer than the Fiends and Heldrake. However, if GW were ever to make a Chaos Rhino kit that had the "Daemon Punk" look of the Warpsmith and Fiends and shared NO parts with the Loyalist kit, I would be interested, especially for Crimson Slaughter-stye warbands.

I honestly don't think Chaos Raiders are that bad, mine has been nigh-on indestructible in every game i've played, sure the lack of machine spirit kind of blows, but honestly I just use it an awesome mobile firebase/fire magnet. My opponents always waste an inordinate amount of resources trying to kill it while the real threat (Obliterators and Bikers) smash them every time.

if it was appropriately priced sure, but its "discount" for losng the very rule that makes the damn thing remotely work with its loadout is ridiculous.

Im also still bitter that despite having around 5-6 raider variants we dont get a SINGLE one form forge world.

if it was appropriately priced sure, but its "discount" for losng the very rule that makes the damn thing remotely work with its loadout is ridiculous.

Im also still bitter that despite having around 5-6 raider variants we dont get a SINGLE one form forge world.

Yeah but variety isn't always the answer either, I mean I look at all the raider variants available to codex marines and they're all very situational or just "meh". Yeah it'd be nice to have a bunch of cool Chaos variants and stuff, but I'd rather be able to take Chaos Rapier Laser destroyer platforms or something like a Sicaran, things that have a solid, dedicated battlefield role. Landraiders have always felt like a tank caught between two jobs, that of transporting assault infantry, and that of being a firebase for powerful anti-tank weaponry. I think the best variants are probably the Crusader and the Ares, seeing as they are both the most focused ones on the spectrum of Raider ability. Most of the others fall somewhere in the middle and usually suck at either job.

Yeah but variety isn't always the answer either, I mean I look at all the raider variants available to codex marines and they're all very situational or just "meh". Yeah it'd be nice to have a bunch of cool Chaos variants and stuff, but I'd rather be able to take Chaos Rapier Laser destroyer platforms or something like a Sicaran, things that have a solid, dedicated battlefield role. Landraiders have always felt like a tank caught between two jobs, that of transporting assault infantry, and that of being a firebase for powerful anti-tank weaponry. I think the best variants are probably the Crusader and the Ares, seeing as they are both the most focused ones on the spectrum of Raider ability. Most of the others fall somewhere in the middle and usually suck at either job.

crusaders. redeemers. tanks with a loadout and transport capacity to do what they are supposed to do....

chaos variant....doesnt even have what it needs to even fulfil its basic battlefield role of delivery with support.

I might like a Land Raider that removes the lascannons and mounts a heavy flamer instead of a heavy bolter. Drop the points for the lascannons and you've got a dedicated battle taxi for assault elites that doesn't hurt as much in points.

The problem with that would be that you could never shoot the flamer in the turn the occupants disembark, what with them being in the way and all that :)

I might like a Land Raider that removes the lascannons and mounts a heavy flamer instead of a heavy bolter. Drop the points for the lascannons and you've got a dedicated battle taxi for assault elites that doesn't hurt as much in points.

The problem with that would be that you could never shoot the flamer in the turn the occupants disembark, what with them being in the way and all that :)

Give it Torrent?

Still, though, if they won't let us add fancy new weapons, they should at least let us take some OFF...

Archived