Numerican Night Watch (PLOG)

march10k

Well, with two weeks to go, here's where I'm at on my last model:

gallery_13203_9402_392775.jpg

med_gallery_13203_9402_260637.jpg

With luck, I'll be able to finish the troop compartment tomorrow and then be ready to do the wings over the weekend!

Well, all-righty, then.  Got the troop compartment done, and even got a little bit of an early start on the wings.  The top of one just needs the stripe and some highlighting, and the other one, well...it's started, but not quite as far along.

Here we are...most of the fuselage is done, plus a wing...one wing, two engines, the cockpit, weapons, and landing gear to go...lots of real estate painted, but really less than 1/3 finished!

gallery_13203_9402_483101.jpg

/edit/ Can't wait to post a pic of four valkyries and an avenger flying in formation!

gallery_13203_9402_506478.jpg

...and a little more progress...almost done with the engines, and then it's just the cockpit, weapons, and landing gear!

I trust in the emperor...I might have to play a little Wagner when the set of four comes on the table on a single rerollable reserves roll, but I'll make them pull their weight!

With time to spare, keep up the hard work! I think I might have to cut it a bit closer than I'd like but such is life. I think we could all do with a well earned break after the ETL, I'm thinking of maybe 1 or 2 days off :lol:

Just one or two?  LOL....I may not touch a paintbrush for a week...but then I'll jump on the last (4 of 4) valk and two stormtrooper meltagunners so I can field the air cav...and the other eight stormtroopers needed to get the 35 for a maxed out air cav formation can wait!

Heh, well maybe not that little. It just feels like I'm always painting as my free time is usually spent there if possible :) You certainly warrant a break after so many models, but better still to devote that time to getting some games in with your shiny new units :D

Well, I got some more work done tonight, but it reached 102 today, and it's still too hot in the house for me to endure 180 watts of incandescent light any longer, so I'll have to finish tomorrow.  All that's left is the landing gear, and then the group photo of the whole ETL vow...

Whew:

gallery_13203_9402_244827.jpg

And with that we bid ETL adieu!

I do need to finish the air cav (10 stormtroopers and a valkyrie) and paint up another demolisher and an eradicator for a September tourney, though...

So after a nice rest from the grind of finishing ETL, I got back to work on my stormtroopers. At the end of ETL, I was one valkyrie and one troops squad short of a maxed out air cav formation. Well, I've finished the meltagunners for that troops squad and made a good start on the sergeant, so 7.5 troops and one bird to go, as far as that goes:

/edit/ Oh, yeah, I went ahead and did all ten bases first, it was as easy to do ten as it would be to do 2-3.

gallery_13203_9402_486978.jpg

So I ran out of motivation to paint my last squad of stormtroopers. Five are done out of ten...but I did start something else, it doesn't seem like it'll take long, here's what I did last night:

gallery_13203_9402_88982.jpg

Still needs the other three legs and the sides done, but this is a good start. It seems like it would go with my air cav, but it's actually going to be a firing platform for pask, lol.

Gods, no!  Said flyer would have to start in hover mode and that's inviting EVERY gun the enemy has to shoot at it, since they'll be on snap shots as soon as it starts zooming.  No, two tanks and two wyverns on top means I'm paying less than 20ppm for a 4++ while eliminating most enemy LOS shenanigans by elevating my firing position.

Gods, no!  Said flyer would have to start in hover mode and that's inviting EVERY gun the enemy has to shoot at it, since they'll be on snap shots as soon as it starts zooming.  No, two tanks and two wyverns on top means I'm paying less than 20ppm for a 4++ while eliminating most enemy LOS shenanigans by elevating my firing position.

I see the better merits of that plan. filling the gaps with men too?

i have tried that tactic,with mixed results. are fortifications still put down before terrain in 7th? this was a very usefull counter (although not that sporty imo) against this tactic

Fortifications that you paid for are now deployed with your army. Fortifications that are neutral pieces of scenery are deployed while building the game board. They fixed the ~censored~ cheat of hunting down the largest building in the shop's collection and plunking it smack dab in the face of the enemy fortification...because, you know, good generals always build their bunkers where they have no fields of fire!

Anyway, it's not an issue, and the ~4" of elevation that the skyshield provides tended to limit the enemy's ability to block it with a tall building (a huge benefit over the ADL!).

It's finished!!!!

gallery_13203_9402_559383.jpg

Or, a cheesy upgrade to a superheavy:

gallery_13203_9402_128418.jpg

Or, the way I'll be using it (with hydras or wyverns tucked in behind!):

gallery_13203_9402_75764.jpg

...and now I guess I have to get back to my last five stormtroopers, LOL...but only till I buy my first wyvern/hydra on Tuesday!

Archived